Page 194 of 211 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

I never said Marvel was totally original. But the infinity stones were used in unique ways truer to the comics while the mother boxes weren't .

Also, how many people actually like Snyder's characters? What did he do for Superman besides make him mope and barely talk?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    If the arrowverse crossover moment is canon than I think he isn't the Flash as we would know him, he may be the streak right now. I lean more towards that because he came off very inexperienced in the film and seemed like he was still learning his abilities. From that standpoint I'm not too surprised he kept falling.
    I'm not quite sure I agree with that. It seemed like this Barry knew more about his powers and how to use them.

From what I recall, he only tripped once, after sending Diana's sword back to her. I can write that off as it's the first time working as a team, the first time seeing all of these people using their abilities and fighting aliens. He just got overly excited and tripped. The other times he fell, it was during combat due to enemy fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    No. I'm not a fan of the CW turning everything into a soap opera full of whiny romance. Is the show any good?
    I'm a fan of the show, and I'll say this- there are times it is really good, and there are times it is full CW-soap opera. And there are lots of times it really shows it's politics, and while I agree with those politics, I don't want to watch these shows for that. I watch these shows to get AWAY from politics.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Just finished, and I guess it was noticeably better. More or less what i was expecting. Looked outstanding. The Cyborg stuff was good. Didn't really get the impression that he was the star but he was good. Removing the quips did a lot of good. Most of the "i hope they cut this" bits, were cut.
    I also got to take back what i said about Steppenwolf, this design grew on me, also better that the whedon version.

But Darkseid.... spoilers:
    not threatening at all. Old Gods>New Gods. he got his ass whooped by Ares....fricking Ares who Diana killed by herself.
    end of spoilers.
    Also it was 4 hours, and very much felt like 4 hours, the begining was too slow and pretty iffy on the sequel bait ending.

oh well, another masterpiece I thought was just decent/above average. I give this a 3.5/5
    But I wouldn't mind a sequel, got this far I guess.
    To be fair, that was Darkseid before he BECAME Darkseid. That was Darkseid: The Teenage Years.

As someone who enjoyed the Whedon version as a popcorn film, I thought Snyder's was a VAST improvement. The characters were given room to breath and grow due to the 4 hour runtime; character motivations made more sense, and everyone just came out looking far better.

It was amazing to me how some scenes played so differently- and BETTER- with the new score. The rescue at the Old Bailey... in Whedon's version, it felt whimsical with the Elfman score. I didn't take the terrorists seriously. But the scene played out here, almost exactly the same, but with a darker score that really brought menace to the terrorists. And thank GOD they changed Diana's 'Believer' line. That was such a horrible, clunky line that made NO SENSE in the Whedon cut, and I'm glad they changed it to "Believe it."

I didn't really register how jokey Batman was in the Whedon cut, until I saw him here and all of those jokes were cut. It made for a better Batman, IMO. And the tragedy of Afleck stepping away from the role is that we'll probably never get another movie with Jeremy Irons as Alfred, unless he shows up in The Flash.

I've already said that The Flash came off much better. And of course, so did Cyborg. I felt he also looked a bit better here; I guess Snyder was able to fine tune the CGI.

Steppenwolf was a VAST improvement. He was fascinating to look at, and felt much more menacing.

The attack on Themyscira was better. I liked that the defense mechanism of the Mother Box chamber was far better- and cost a lot more- than just sealing the doors. In Whedon's cut, I thought that there could have been survivors, and Steppenwolf got out way to easily.

Thank god there were no civilians in Russia this time. It actually made absolutely NO sense for there to be people living there in the Whedon cut- Chernobyl is still sealed off, and nobody CAN live there, whether or not they had no place to go.

I liked Lois a lot more in this movie, because she barely spoke and wasn't in it much. I did notice they showed a pregnancy test when she grabbed her Daily Planet ID...

And I REALLY wish we would have gotten that Afleck Batman movie with him vs Deathstroke now.

It was funny watching how Snyder handled the Atlanteans and Arthur talking under water- how suddenly everyone could control water to make an air pocket to speak in. I'm also glad that Amber Heard ditched the accent in the Aquaman movie- every time she was speaking, I was expecting her to address Gov. Tarkin.

One thing I felt that didn't work well, was the Knigtmare scene with Batman talking to the Joker. I didn't like that at all, and I think that was the ONE instance of Snyder indulging himself. I know he wanted the two to have a scene together, but it just didn't play right and Leto is a TERRIBLE Joker. I liked him better in Suicide Squad.

It's also a shame that everything that set up the sequels here is ultimately useless, as we all know there will be no sequels to this. The best we'll get is Aquaman 2, Wonder Women 3, and The Flash movie. And I do hope Diana finds her way home in WW 3.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm a fan of the show, and I'll say this- there are times it is really good, and there are times it is full CW-soap opera. And there are lots of times it really shows it's politics, and while I agree with those politics, I don't want to watch these shows for that. I watch these shows to get AWAY from politics.
    I might be the opposite. As long as it's done correctly I don't mind politics, in fact I like it sometimes. I don't watch a series about good vs evil and think "no politics, no discussion about good and evil", but I do think "no soapy love triangles and hook up drama"

No. I'm not a fan of the CW turning everything into a soap opera full of whiny romance. Is the show any good?
    Supergirl had a great first season (when it was on CBS). And then it just. Kept. Going. I recommend the first season and all of Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor because he absolutely knocked it out of the park.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Supergirl had a great first season (when it was on CBS). And then it just. Kept. Going. I recommend the first season and all of Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor because he absolutely knocked it out of the park.
    Odd choice for Luthor but I guess it worked.

I want to like these shows because I like these characters elsewhere. But something about the CW annoys me

I might be the opposite. As long as it's done correctly I don't mind politics, in fact I like it sometimes. I don't watch a series about good vs evil and think "no politics, no discussion about good and evil", but I do think "no soapy love triangles and hook up drama"
    The first season is just really good. There's some romance stuff but it doesn't really take center stage.

Seasons 2 and 3 hinge upon the utterly dull and uninteresting Mon-El and his extremely unconvincing romance with Supergirl.

Season 4 is where Luthor starts showing up and Jon Cryer just nails the role. Unfortunately this is also the season where the bad guy wants to "make Earth great again" by getting rid of aliens. It's a perfect storm of dull, heavyhanded, overly simplistic, and preaching to the choir when Lex is not on screen

But the whole Lena Luthor storyline from season 3 onward is probably gonna turn you off if you don't like CW soap opera drama

EDIT: Oh, god, I just got myself thinking about Lena Luthor again. She spent the fifth season as a complete and inarguable villainess and everybody, Lena and Supergirl included, insisted that she wasn't a bad guy and shouldn't be treated like a bad guy but she WAS. And the show wouldn't acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Thezmage; 03-18-2021 at 10:26 PM.

EDIT: Oh, god, I just got myself thinking about Lena Luthor again. She spent the fifth season as a complete and inarguable villainess and everybody, Lena and Supergirl included, insisted that she wasn't a bad guy and shouldn't be treated like a bad guy but she WAS. And the show wouldn't acknowledge it.
    Isn't that normal in the superhero genre?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Your definition of what a Macguffin is wrong.

But anyways carry on
    Okay how exactly are the mother boxes different from the infinity stone? They’re both weapons of incredibly destructive power that the heroes and villains are after. MacGuffins don’t always have to be bad things. R2d2 is a macguffin and a character

They are irrelevant of themselves since without a user they’re useless and exist solely to kickstart the plot so yes the infinity stones and mother boxes are macguffins

After watching Falcon and Winter Solider and thinking about Zach Synder's Justice League the biggest takeaway is the future of the genre is on the small screen. The quality of special effects is what helping the transition. Zach Synder needed 4 hours to tell this story and it just showed that a longer form might be better because there was no way to tell this story as good within the 2-hour format.

I would not be excited for another movie in this world but a mini-series/prestige tv series would be exciting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Blaming Joss is a bit unfair, really. It's not like he had complete control or made the film from the ground up.
    Thank God , he didn't. If he butchered a good cut into a travesty, just imagine what he would do if he was behind the camera fully.In a way fate worked for the fans.We would never get the 4 hours if Zack was the one to leave everything on the cutting floor for the 2017 release.The best we could have is maybe a 3 hour director's cut a la BvS:UE

Lets not forget that Whedon had such bright ideas like Flash falling on WW's boobs. Or was that also forced by WB and poor Joss had no choice?

Ultimate Member

The first season is just really good. There's some romance stuff but it doesn't really take center stage.

Seasons 2 and 3 hinge upon the utterly dull and uninteresting Mon-El and his extremely unconvincing romance with Supergirl.

Season 4 is where Luthor starts showing up and Jon Cryer just nails the role. Unfortunately this is also the season where the bad guy wants to "make Earth great again" by getting rid of aliens. It's a perfect storm of dull, heavyhanded, overly simplistic, and preaching to the choir when Lex is not on screen

But the whole Lena Luthor storyline from season 3 onward is probably gonna turn you off if you don't like CW soap opera drama

Haha, I'm not anti-romance on general, just anti-bad romance (no offense to Lady gaga fans here)

Lex has hates aliens before if I'm not mistaken, but if they wanted a MAGA villain, isn't there any villains in comics who are actually MAGA?

All in all I may check it out. I appreciate the input

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lets not forget that Whedon had such bright ideas like Flash falling on WW's boobs. Or was that also forced by WB and poor Joss had no choice?
    I hated that gag

I hated that gag
    It was a gag he stole from Age of Ultron.

I'd also recommend most of Season 3 with the Reign storyline. The romance did drag it down a little, but Reign was a fun villain who really gave Supergirl a run for her money.

Back on this movie, was that girl that Cyborg helped by hacking the ATM and giving her $100,000 anyone special? I think her name was Linda Lee, which was a Supergirl alias, but I was wondering if maybe that was supposed to be Vic's High School girlfriend or something.

EDIT: Also, what is Zach Snyder's fascination with the song 'Hallelujah'? Damned if he didn't find a way to stick it in this movie as well, even if it was just over the end credits.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 03-19-2021 at 06:12 AM.