Page 195 of 211 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Thank God , he didn't. If he butchered a good cut into a travesty, just imagine what he would do if he was behind the camera fully.In a way fate worked for the fans.We would never get the 4 hours if Zack was the one to leave everything on the cutting floor for the 2017 release.The best we could have is maybe a 3 hour director's cut a la BvS:UE
    With the constraints he was under, there's no way not to have "butchered" it. And I don't really see this version as that much better but, opinions and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd also recommend most of Season 3 with the Reign storyline. The romance did drag it down a little, but Reign was a fun villain who really gave Supergirl a run for her money.

Back on this movie, was that girl that Cyborg helped by hacking the ATM and giving her $100,000 anyone special? I think her name was Linda Lee, which was a Supergirl alias, but I was wondering if maybe that was supposed to be Vic's High School girlfriend or something.

EDIT: Also, what is Zach Snyder's fascination with the song 'Hallelujah'? Damned if he didn't find a way to stick it in this movie as well, even if it was just over the end credits.
    Sarah Simms?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Supergirl had a great first season (when it was on CBS). And then it just. Kept. Going. I recommend the first season and all of Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor because he absolutely knocked it out of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sarah Simms?
    Was that the name? My memory's playing tricks on me. If so, yeah, was she supposed to be somebody? Or just a random person he helped?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Odd choice for Luthor but I guess it worked.

I want to like these shows because I like these characters elsewhere. But something about the CW annoys me
    Cryer absolutely slayed it bro.

Started the movie yesterday, fell asleep on it, maybe due to it being late, maybe due to being high...so I will chekc it again today...at a glance though you have the question, does longer mean better...I don't think so. Some of the stuff I did see he added, or put back in, was pointless to me. The people singing when Arthur went back in the water, like, did we really need that to go on that long or for the one chick to smell Arthur's clothes?

I like the set up with Steppenwulf better as far as his motivation, I still hate his look in the Whedon Cut and his porcupine armor did him no favors in this.

I don't care for Fisher and Ezra is a terrible casting choice for the Flash so more of them did nothing for me. The Manhunter at the end was OK, the Knightmare scene was just.....wtf was the point?

Might have more thoughts after I watch it again, but I'm just not a Snyder guy. Visually the guy is like top 10 of directors for me, story wise, he is waaaaay down the line and seeing his cut just reinforced that for me.

I dig the casting of the Trinity, they have just been mired in terrible movies.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Was that the name? My memory's playing tricks on me. If so, yeah, was she supposed to be somebody? Or just a random person he helped?
    She was just a random person.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lets not forget that Whedon had such bright ideas like Flash falling on WW's boobs. Or was that also forced by WB and poor Joss had no choice?
    I suspect it most likely was Whedon’s idea considering that scene was a rehash of a similar scene he did with Bruce Banner and the Natasha in Age Of Ultron.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

It was a gag he stole from Age of Ultron.
    Yep. A gag he stole...from himself, lol.

That will never not be hilarious & sad at the same time for me.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    She was just a random person.
    Okay, thank you. Wasn't sure if it was an Easter egg or not.

Ultimate Member

I'd also recommend most of Season 3 with the Reign storyline. The romance did drag it down a little, but Reign was a fun villain who really gave Supergirl a run for her money.

Back on this movie, was that girl that Cyborg helped by hacking the ATM and giving her $100,000 anyone special? I think her name was Linda Lee, which was a Supergirl alias, but I was wondering if maybe that was supposed to be Vic's High School girlfriend or something.

EDIT: Also, what is Zach Snyder's fascination with the song 'Hallelujah'? Damned if he didn't find a way to stick it in this movie as well, even if it was just over the end credits.
    I think the Hallelujah thing was Snyder's late daughter's favorite song.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lets not forget that Whedon had such bright ideas like Flash falling on WW's boobs. Or was that also forced by WB and poor Joss had no choice?

Gosh can u imagine that? he was going to put that over setting up a good background for the Flash and Iris West love story?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Thank God , he didn't. If he butchered a good cut into a travesty, just imagine what he would do if he was behind the camera fully.In a way fate worked for the fans.We would never get the 4 hours if Zack was the one to leave everything on the cutting floor for the 2017 release.The best we could have is maybe a 3 hour director's cut a la BvS:UE
    More like determination and sticking to guts for fans , than fate.

I think a lot of the times, studios and the media should not underestimate us fans, especially when many of us fans are seeing things purely from an artistic point.

Incredible Member

Okay, thank you. Wasn't sure if it was an Easter egg or not.
    On dccomics.com website they listed easter eggs from the movie and according to them linda lee might be the first archer girl who appeared in 1951's adventure Comics # 167. In the movie Cyborg help one of his classmates in school named Sarah. But in the comics Cyborg's High School girlfriend was named Marcy. Sarah Simms was a handicapped special needs coach in the comics and Sarah Charles was Cyborg's personal doctor. They both had a relationship with Cyborg.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Gosh can u imagine that? he was going to put that over setting up a good background for the Flash and Iris West love story?

More like determination and sticking to guts for fans , than fate.

I think a lot of the times, studios and the media should not underestimate us fans, especially when many of us fans are seeing things purely from an artistic point.
    Yeah agree, in part Zack takes some of the credit for refusing to compromise his vision beyond recognition to please the studio.He lightened up and tweaked the script pre production but refused to do anymore and just stepped away.The fate bit comes in with pandemic playing a role in ATnT realising streaming is the way forward over cinemas in this Covid situation.It tipped the scale in the fans' favour.I believe if it wasn't for Covid or launch of HBO Max ATnT wouldn't budge despite fans clamouring

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, I'm not anti-romance on general, just anti-bad romance (no offense to Lady gaga fans here)

Lex has hates aliens before if I'm not mistaken, but if they wanted a MAGA villain, isn't there any villains in comics who are actually MAGA?

All in all I may check it out. I appreciate the input
    Lex wasn't the MAGA villain though, that was Agent Liberty. And it was poorly done.

Like I said, I really liked the first season but then seasons 2 and 3 had, just, so much Mon-El. And if you hate bad romance you should skip those seasons

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    With the constraints he was under, there's no way not to have "butchered" it.
    That wasn't the prevailing opinion at the time; at the very least, a lot of people thought Whedon was going to save the movie / the DCEU. It's only in hindsight...

While I agree that a fresh start would've been easier than jumping in the middle and re-shooting/re-cutting, Whedon also doesn't have to take the money and the job if he thought it was impossible. Clearly, he thought he was going to produce something good, and I think there are some creators out there who probably could've produced something good. It just wasn't Whedon.

I'm no hater of the guy. I loved Buffy and liked Firefly, but his Justice League is a loss on his record.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Lex wasn't the MAGA villain though, that was Agent Liberty. And it was poorly done.

Like I said, I really liked the first season but then seasons 2 and 3 had, just, so much Mon-El. And if you hate bad romance you should skip those seasons
    Ok. I don't think the concept of a MAGA villain is necessarily bad (we kinda had one in real life tbh!). It's all in the execution, I suppose