Page 196 of 211 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Lex wasn't the MAGA villain though, that was Agent Liberty. And it was poorly done.

Like I said, I really liked the first season but then seasons 2 and 3 had, just, so much Mon-El. And if you hate bad romance you should skip those seasons
    I had no problem with the Mon-El romance in Season 2. It was in Season 3 that I had a problem, because of what they did with it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I had no problem with the Mon-El romance in Season 2. It was in Season 3 that I had a problem, because of what they did with it.
    How are the seasons after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How are the seasons after that.
    Season 4 was Agent Liberty (MAGA man), which I felt drove it too close to the real world; it was also Red Daughter (who I felt was grossly underused) and John Cryer as Lex (who is FANTASTIC).

Season 5 was Leviathan (COMPLETELY different than the comic's version) and the dangers of loosing yourself in VR. After the midway point, which was Crisis on Infinite Earths, Lex had helped re-write reality so that he was pretty much everyone's hero, erased his (known) criminal past, and was in control of the DEO, which was fun.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Season 4 was Agent Liberty (MAGA man), which I felt drove it too close to the real world; it was also Red Daughter (who I felt was grossly underused) and John Cryer as Lex (who is FANTASTIC).

Season 5 was Leviathan (COMPLETELY different than the comic's version) and the dangers of loosing yourself in VR. After the midway point, which was Crisis on Infinite Earths, Lex had helped re-write reality so that he was pretty much everyone's hero, erased his (known) criminal past, and was in control of the DEO, which was fun.
    Ok. As I've said I don't think having a MAGA villain is necessarily bad, but I don't know if the CW can do it!

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Posted this in the other thread as well. Posting here just for more exposure:

First, thanks to everyone who has watched this movie. Whether you liked it or not, whether you were/are a fan of Zack Snyder's or not, I just want to thank you for giving it a view. It means a lot considering so many of us (more than 10 as is often the number cited by detractors and haters) fought for this movie since 2017 when we began discovering what truly happened behind the scenes and were having things confirmed by Zack himself or at the very least, others who worked on the movie. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

It's interesting still reading some people suggesting the movie wasn't much different, despite it being different by a country mile. Is the overall story the same? Yes, mostly, but we have an additional two hours of original scenes and character development that goes on (the additional run time is longer than the theatrical cut, which was 119 mins.). That fact alone can very strongly stand on its own that it's not "mostly the same." I think that's just a part of some people, including critics, who are still trying to find something to hate about the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement, the movie itself, or even Zack himself but they know the truth or ended up enjoying the film more than they want to admit because it means they were/are wrong.

Zack only added one NEW [full] scene (and one other very minor one that was like 30 secs. long - Swannick's change in the middle of the film. That scene between Martha and Lois has already been filmed). There were no reshoots - HBO Max wouldn't allow them. And, as confirmed by Debbie Snyder herself, the only new scene they shot for this movie was the Knightmare sequence at the end. Zack purposely, and admittedly, tacked this on because he wanted to continue the Knightmare sequence from BvS (thus, showing where his arc was going as a potential "future" for the JL) and to also give fans his Batman and Leto's Joker some shared screen time at least once before his take on this universe was officially over. Everything else was what he originally shot prior to stepping away. Minor note: the scene I'm talking about is the beginning of the Knightmare sequence through Bruce's visitor (MM) to his house.

No Whedon scenes were used... Zack said in an interview he would not be using anything he didn't shoot [for artistic integrity]. If you're saying he kept Whedon scenes, you are mistaken.

For the record, there's been dozens of interviews recently with the Snyders, both video and written that have laid out the truth and facts. Again, I'm no longer at the point where I feel the need to spend more of my time going and providing these for the lazy haters/detractors or generally uninformed folks who want to spew nonsense or misinterpretations when the truth is just a few clicks away. So, if you want to verify some of the things I noted above, please do - I'm confident you'll find the interviews if you try. And the sources are from the Snyder's themselves...

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who joined the movement. And thanks to those who supported the movement but didn't partake, it meant a lot. And lastly, a final thanks to everyone who watched this film. Zack had two more Justice League movies planned in his 5 film arc and this one clearly sets up the next. Does it get darker? Yes, it's always darkest before the dawn... Alright, cheese aside, JL2 was going to be a very dark film considering Darkseid makes his move, the Anti-Life Equation becomes in full play, etc. BUT, he has noted that in his final film all is made right and the heroes take their rightful places as beacons of hope and strength. Will we ever see him finish his arc out? Unlikely at this point, but we didn't expect to be sitting here discussing his original cut of Justice League being released, either.

All these people spamming every DC or WB social media post with "Restore the Snyderverse" now reminds me of the story "If you give a mouse a cookie."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    All these people spamming every DC or WB social media post with "Restore the Snyderverse" now reminds me of the story "If you give a mouse a cookie."
    This would have happened even if the reception had been less positive than it is turning out to be. Now that it is? They will never shut up lol.

But kind of serves WB right. Had they released this thing as it was originally intended instead of wasting everyone's time with the Whedon scenario, we may have put this behind us one way or another by now. As it is, they made their bed.

After watching this, while it is better than JL, it still isn't much better. I'd say it went from an D to a C+ for me.

It did make BvS better (the ultimate version).

It felt too Watchmen-esque to me and he already did that and, IMHO, did it better there.

Plot was still garbage but the breathing room helped it.

Character wise ... Cyborg was WAAAY better, Flash was WAAAY better, Batman was WAAAAY better, Aquaman was the same, Wonder Woman somehow worse, and his Superman was slightly better.

I would be fine with more Snyder if it was kept in smaller doses. I'm not a fan but not a hater, either.

His style does seem to work best with longer form as I really enjoyed his super long-ass version with the anime built in of Watchmen. Maybe he needs to do some DKSA, Red Son, etc. other darker fair as an HBO mini?

I could actually get behind him doing a darker DC universe, following up some of what he set up here as Elseword mini-series.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah, whatever the real explanation was behind it being green-lit, the end result seems to be essentially "toxic fandom will be rewarded." Course, if Warner Brothers sticks to their guns about the Snyderverse being over and just ignores the Snyder cult, it'll have to run out of oxygen eventually; I mean, a reason they were demanding the Snyder Cut for so long was because Snyder was feeding them tidbits about his unfinished project to help campaign for it. While he could theoretically use them again to try and convince Warner Brothers to give him another DC movie, it's a steeper climb then getting another crack at a movie he walked away from.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, whatever the real explanation was behind it being green-lit, the end result seems to be essentially "toxic fandom will be rewarded." Course, if Warner Brothers sticks to their guns about the Snyderverse being over and just ignores the Snyder cult, it'll have to run out of oxygen eventually; I mean, a reason they were demanding the Snyder Cut for so long was because Snyder was feeding them tidbits about his unfinished project to help campaign for it. While he could theoretically use them again to try and convince Warner Brothers to give him another DC movie, it's a steeper climb then getting another crack at a movie he walked away from.
    Does Snyder even want to continue? has anyone asked him?

Well the WarnerMedia Studios CEO says this is the end of the "Snyderverse" and even talks about toxic fans

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/z...ia-1234935580/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well the WarnerMedia Studios CEO says this is the end of the "Snyderverse" and even talks about toxic fans

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/z...ia-1234935580/
    You mean, actually developing heroes in live action outside of Batman. Can DC do that?

Incredible Member

They should be generous and let Snyder wrap up with another movie and then give him a solo project for a mid-level hero like Cyborg or Nightwing. Maybe in the Snyderverse Dick Grayson comes back to life and assumes the role of Nightwing instead of the Red Hood or maybe even Red X.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    They should be generous and let Snyder wrap up with another movie and then give him a solo project for a mid-level hero like Cyborg or Nightwing. Maybe in the Snyderverse Dick Grayson comes back to life and assumes the role of Nightwing instead of the Red Hood or maybe even Red X.
    Snyder can't wrap up the story he wants to tell in just one film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Does Snyder even want to continue? has anyone asked him?
    I was just thinking hypothetically; the main point is that the Snyder cult lasted as long as it did because it had Snyder on their side for their cause; without that, they're have nothing to keep the oxygen flowing. We've seen this all the time; online protest groups around a fandom star strong, but, as progress doesn't happen and they realize that they don't have the power to force the studio to pander to them, they die. Had AT&T not gifted Snyder with his cut, the Snyder cult would've eventually fallen apart, with the remains being more of a Snyder appreciation society than anything else. See what happened to the "Give Us Legends" "movement" in the Star Wars fandom.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)