Page 197 of 211 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I was just thinking hypothetically; the main point is that the Snyder cult lasted as long as it did because it had Snyder on their side for their cause; without that, they're have nothing to keep the oxygen flowing. We've seen this all the time; online protest groups around a fandom star strong, but, as progress doesn't happen and they realize that they don't have the power to force the studio to pander to them, they die. Had AT&T not gifted Snyder with his cut, the Snyder cult would've eventually fallen apart, with the remains being more of a Snyder appreciation society than anything else. See what happened to the "Give Us Legends" "movement" in the Star Wars fandom.
    Gotcha! I guess some dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I was just thinking hypothetically; the main point is that the Snyder cult lasted as long as it did because it had Snyder on their side for their cause; without that, they're have nothing to keep the oxygen flowing. We've seen this all the time; online protest groups around a fandom star strong, but, as progress doesn't happen and they realize that they don't have the power to force the studio to pander to them, they die. Had AT&T not gifted Snyder with his cut, the Snyder cult would've eventually fallen apart, with the remains being more of a Snyder appreciation society than anything else. See what happened to the "Give Us Legends" "movement" in the Star Wars fandom.
    I do wonder how his original storyboards for potential sequels leaked. Can't count out Snyder doing it himself to continue fuelling his fanbase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Does Snyder even want to continue? has anyone asked him?
    Well he at least wants to in terms of milking this movie for everything it can give. Now he's releasing a black and white version of it, as if the other had too much color to begin with. Still, the clip they released does look better in black and white.

https://mobile.twitter.com/snydercut...24594787446786
    Last edited by green_garnish; 03-22-2021 at 03:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Okay how exactly are the mother boxes different from the infinity stone? They’re both weapons of incredibly destructive power that the heroes and villains are after. MacGuffins don’t always have to be bad things. R2d2 is a macguffin and a character

They are irrelevant of themselves since without a user they’re useless and exist solely to kickstart the plot so yes the infinity stones and mother boxes are macguffins
    A macguffin is immaterial to the plot. The story doesn't care what it's for or what it's value is or whether it has power. All it exists for is to characters to want it, and go to any lengths to get it. The audience will never know what it actually does. The moment they do, it ceases to be a macguffin.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I do wonder how his original storyboards for potential sequels leaked. Can't count out Snyder doing it himself to continue fuelling his fanbase.
    Would be "in character." Guess we'll see. I mean, if the Snydeverse doesn't fit in with Warner Brothers plans for the future, it ain't happening, no mater how much online people beg.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

The mother boxes aren't unique in anyway like the infinity stones

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Well he at least wants to in terms of milking this movie for everything it can give. Now he's releasing a black and white version of it, as if the other had too much color to begin with. Still, the clip they released does look better in black and white.

https://mobile.twitter.com/snydercut...24594787446786
    I gotta say, this whole idea is kind of interesting to me. Rather than get a headache watching Snyder's poorly conceived color pallette, I wonder if turning down the saturation to black and white would improve all his movies? I mean, nothing is going to save Man Of Steel, but I wonder if removing his atrocious color palette will raise the general quality?

Ultimate Member

Why is Snyder so afraid of color? I thought the MCU had some washed out color grading in some movies but they still have actual color?

BANNED

Why is Snyder so afraid of color? I thought the MCU had some washed out color grading in some movies but they still have actual color?
    I suspect that everything he thinks he knows about color, he believes he learned from Frank Miller.

Astonishing Member

Does Snyder even want to continue? has anyone asked him?
    Yes, he’s said he’d like to continue but he doesn’t seem terribly optimistic about the chances of a continuation happening. He’s even stated recently that Warners at the moment isn’t interested in doing more movies with him. Which makes sense given how much faith the lost in him after the critical hammering of BvS and creative differences that emerged between the studio and him from the fallout.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I suspect that everything he thinks he knows about color, he believes he learned from Frank Miller.
    Haha, that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yes, he’s said he’d like to continue but he doesn’t seem terribly optimistic about the chances of a continuation happening. He’s even stated recently that Warners at the moment isn’t interested in doing more movies with him. Which makes sense given how much faith the lost in him after the critical hammering of BvS and creative differences that emerged between the studio and him from the fallout.
    Snyder could do smaller projects for WB and DC but I don't think he's right to steer the whole series

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Wonder if the relative success of the Snyder Cut would improve his bargaining position?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

He uses neutral colors in his palette. It's a common Artist technique.

Haha, that's funny

Snyder could do smaller projects for WB and DC but I don't think he's right to steer the whole series
    I predict HBOmax does some continuation of his Justice League story... if the Netflix can fund piles of garbage originals I cant see why HBOmax cant invest in a series with built in audience... at any case its better then cw materials and superior to say bop or ww84

The logistics of putting together a Justice League sequel would be kind of complicated now. Setting aside WB's lack of interest, the actors involved would have to clear a lot of their busy schedules for an very physical shoot. Not to mention the fact that Ray Fisher is still feuding with the studio and now accusing Geoff Johns, Toby Emmerich, and Jon Berg of “racially discriminatory conversations”. Not surprising that Hamada and co don't want to move forward.

But we also have to remember that AT&T will have the final say. Their decision making may be influenced by the fact that the company is still $190 billion in debt. the failure of Wonder Woman 1984 may actually give the "Snyderverse" some hope. Besides Batman, Wonder Woman seemed like a sure thing. But after the complete let down of the sequel, some execs may want to jump on the Justice League train now that it seems marketable. Now that Justice League is shifted to the positive side of pop culture meter, could they have the Avengers type hit they've dreamed about with the potential sequel?
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-22-2021 at 05:49 PM.