Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I wonder what the pitch was for re shoot money? Seriously they have nothing better to do with the money than pour it into this experiment? Do they expect this to get them a ton of subscribers?
    Warner Brothers has a new streaming service they need to supply content for, and HBO wants something to generate buzz to get more subscribers. From a strictly business perspective, I'm sure they see $20 million as a reasonable investment, especially now. It's either invest $20 million on a project that is already mostly done, and that the bulk of the work needed is post-production that can be done safely in the current environment, rather than investing possibly even more than $20 million in a new project that may not even be able to begin production until the end of the year.

My biggest question is the re-shoots. From what I've read, it seems that Snyder only needs to have the actors come in for some ADR. In that case I'm sure that Ray Fisher isn't doing anything, but could Snyder talk Afflec into returning one last time? And would they even want Ezra, after his recent woman-choking scandal?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's not exactly going backwards - not like this one thing is going to have them re-course-course correct or whatever.
    It's backwards in my eyes because I'd rather WB move on to the direction they established with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam. Spending money and hyping Snyder's vision that generally speaking was panned critically and underwhelmed commercially doesn't make a lot of sense to me, ESPECIALLY since I think most fans had moved on from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's not exactly going backwards - not like this one thing is going to have them re-course-course correct or whatever.
    That's what's weird about all this. Its like WB was on the fence all along and finally decided to give in. I mean, none of the movies that came out after his firing/quitting contradicted what he laid out. That would have been the best and frankly easiest way to say "His vision is dead, behold this new vision."
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 05-20-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Warner Brothers has a new streaming service they need to supply content for, and HBO wants something to generate buzz to get more subscribers. From a strictly business perspective, I'm sure they see $20 million as a reasonable investment, especially now. It's either invest $20 million on a project that is already mostly done, and that the bulk of the work needed is post-production that can be done safely in the current environment, rather than investing possibly even more than $20 million in a new project that may not even be able to begin production until the end of the year.

My biggest question is the re-shoots. From what I've read, it seems that Snyder only needs to have the actors come in for some ADR. In that case I'm sure that Ray Fisher isn't doing anything, but could Snyder talk Afflec into returning one last time? And would they even want Ezra, after his recent woman-choking scandal?
    Not to mention that with all the Covid-19 stuff going on, how they could get all the cast and crew together quickly enough to make the 2021 release date.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

4 hour cut? Holy crap. I will watch this to see what Whedon butchered.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How will it be weekly???It's a film.
    Well, apparently his fist cut was over 4 hours long. I think the thinking is if they can get THAT finished, they can split it up into a limited series.

From what I recall, the original plan was for 2 movies. I wonder if Snyder was shooting scenes for both movies simultaneously, or if they had nixed the idea of 2 movies by the time he started shooting. The man does like to make long ass movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That's what's weird about all this. Its like WB was on the fence all along and finally decided to give in. I mean, none of the movies that came out after his firing/quitting contradicted what he laid out. That would have been the best and frankly easiest way to say "His vision is dead, behind this new vision."
    I don't think WB was ever on the fence. They were outright against this. But the pandemic has likely caused significant freezing of new projects and with their new streaming service about to get started it likely made financial sense to simply invest $20 million into a project that has momentum behind it and is mostly finished.

I'm definitely be curious enough to watch this.

I didn't hate MoS or BvS.

well, at least people will be quiet about this, now. Unless it "sucks". I mean, what are the overall specific objections and what's supposedly going to be included now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't think WB was ever on the fence. They were outright against this. But the pandemic has likely caused significant freezing of new projects and with their new streaming service about to get started it likely made financial sense to simply invest $20 million into a project that has momentum behind it and is mostly finished.
    Not true. They were having discussions about this in February. Snyder screen the film to WB and HBO Max execs in February. This was not motivated by the pandemic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Not true. They were having discussions about this in February. Snyder screen the film to WB and HBO Max execs in February. This was not motivated by the pandemic at all.
    Eh. If you say so. My understanding was it was screened within the past week.

It also doesn't change what I said.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 05-20-2020 at 02:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Eh. If you say so. My understanding was it was screened within the past week.
    Nah man you should check out Snyder’s stream

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Nah man you should check out Snyder’s stream
    Regardless it doesn't change what I said. In fact them waiting 3 months later kind of reinforces the idea that it's more financially viable to invest some money into a mostly finished project to have something substantial to air on their streaming service next year based on the pandemic shutting down production and distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well, at least people will be quiet about this, now. Unless it "sucks". I mean, what are the overall specific objections and what's supposedly going to be included now?
    Well if the rumors are true there will likely be a lot that will draw the ire of longtime DC fans. But we shall see.

I don't think this necessarily proves that there was a Snyder Cut. In fact, I would argue that it very much proves the people who were saying that it doesn't exist right. This isn't so much #releasethesnydercut as it is #makethesnydercut. That $20-$30M is to make it into an actual movie by completing special effects that weren't there and actually editing together a cut of a film that didn't exist in a final form.

This might be one of the few situations where both sides are kind of vindicated.