Page 202 of 211 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3155

Thanks, Cool! I saw Guardians, didn't remember it was Snyder. So an animated Batman by Snyder, why the hell not?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I think he might draw a distinction between an animated thing for Netflix and turning his live action Justice League movie plans into an animated movie or one that required a lower budget
    If he's really doing it for the Fans. Why wouldn't he do animated sequels?The alternative is nothing at all. It's the way his die hard get to see his vision completed. While I don't care to see any more Snyder DC stuff. I would watch an animated sequel. Probably would be less critical since its no longer the main iteration of the characters on screen as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is a legit question and it is not a simple answer. So I am putting RT numbers to paint a picture

Wonder Woman 1984 59 critics 74% audience
    Justice League 74% critics 96% audience

It is fair assessment to say that audience like JL more than WW84? Right? Then isn't logical that it should perform better than movie that isn't seen as very good? So I am not going to completely stomp on Justice League studios fight for a movie to be 2 hours for a reason. That reason is because it about perfect length for general viewing and multiple viewing. Watching Justice League twice is nearly half of your day gone there is very good reason for Justice league being viewed less you can watch Wonder Woman 4 times in space it takes you watch JL twice. But you still can't ignore that means Synder cut is kind of stupid and it one of few defense of Joss Whedon I mean of why he and DC butchered the movie the first time.

Whether it is Justice League isn't as popular as some fans on the internet was screaming or Justice League is monstrosity that can't capitalize fully on its success there is a real negative here.
    I don't think RT numbers are a legit answer to the question. Nobody trustworthy has ever told us this are the metrics. Infact, I was not all that surprised even here that people were not monitoring the RT score of the film and posting it whenever the numbers changed. it goes to show how meaningless RT has become, I think RT is still only a deal with the Marvel MCU stuff and even that is not a big thing anymore with marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    To be fair way less critics bothered to even review ZSJL.

Does this not sum up the point that RT is an objective worthless metric? what chances would be the score would increase or not of it had more reviews? I think it would be better of talking about some of the obvious good decision Snyder made with the Cut and the bad one Patty made with 84 than RT which destroys the credibility on any film critique. even if more critics had reviewed the film and gave it a lower score than 84? I think it will have just killed whatever was left of RT zero credibility and just made people believe even more there was always a Snyder bias. there still is one but what we have now is a few painfully willing to admit, Snyder's vision was good.

Its a 73% on RT right now . by a fair standard compared maybe to the Marvel or other DC films like Shazam, the movie has a 95% on RT. So the score is not even right. lol.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-25-2021 at 05:08 PM.

BANNED

Restore the snyderverse is currently trending on twitter with over 1.3 million tweets.

I am sorry guys but it won't happen. However the devotion should be commended.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Restore the snyderverse is currently trending on twitter with over 1.3 million tweets.

Didn't people say that the SC would never happen? I think we will get a continuation one way or another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Didn't people say that the SC would never happen? I think we will get a continuation one way or another.
    I feel things are different this time. WB has moved on even with the recent success and vindication of Snyder. If it is any consolation we still have Wonder Woman 3 and Aquaman 2 to look forward to and if there is anything that is obvious , they will be learning a lot from the Snyder cut, especially with WW 84.

I already know the director of Aquaman 2 James Wann has said, the sequel will be more serious. no doubt the Snyder cut will give him more courage to do that. so there is a good legacy here for future lasting DC films, even if the Sndyerverse is over
    Last edited by Castle; 03-25-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    As far as I recall WBs never came out and said Snydrcut would never happen. Maybe they did I don't recall.. They bookendedbthe release of this movie with two statements saying they're isn't gonna be sequels. I assume cause they knew fans would act like this.

I feel things are different this time. WB has moved on even with the recent success and vindication of Snyder. If it is any consolation we still have Wonder Woman 3 and Aquaman 2 to look forward to and if there is anything that is obvious , they will be learning a lot from the Snyder cut, especially with WW 84.

I already know the director of Aquaman 2 James Wann has said, the sequel will be more serious. no doubt the Snyder cut will give him more courage to do that. so there is a good legacy here for future lasting DC films, even if the Sndyerverse is over
    How does that work? Snyder wasn't the first person to make more serious comic book movies.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Hey, appreciate the sentiment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    As far as I recall WBs never came out and said Snydrcut would never happen. Maybe they did I don't recall.. They bookendedbthe release of this movie with two statements saying they're isn't gonna be sequels. I assume cause they knew fans would act like this.

There was supposedly a very legitimate "anonymous" WB executive who told one of the trades (Deadling, Variety, I forget) that it was "a pipe dream" and "never going to happen."
    They also stayed silent until the November 2019 Twitter spree and it was quoted in an interview with Zack that Toby Emmerich finally decided something needed to be done due to the ongoing fan outreach for the movie. A quick note, that was the largest tweet event in SnyderCut history, if I'm not mistaken, and reached 700k hashtags (or whatever the metric is, I don't do Twitter) within 24 hours. This event today reached over a million in less than 24 hours... Reports "on the ground" are suggesting there's a lot more casual fans who joined in after hearing and/or seeing about ZSJL on HBO Max, so now it's not just us "Snyderbots."

Look, today's events and people's anger, if we want to call it that, likely wouldn't have happened, at least not so quickly, had Ann Sarnoff not had that totally pre-prepared PR "interview" that totally body slammed any and all hopes of Snyder continuing his Justice League arc. Keep in mind, WB released that about only 3.5 days after the release of ZSJL. It was, by all means, one of two things: completely tone deaf to their customer base, which is more than just 10 Snyderbots I think you all should know by now, or it was a deliberate preemptive "attack" (might be too strong of a word) on any traction ZSJL was going to get.

It's one of Snyder's highest rated movies. Whether we use RT as a measuring stick or not (it seems that only applies to certain movies within certain debates), or even IMDB, just talking to people online and talking to people who I was able to talk into watching it, thoroughly enjoyed the film and want to see more after those cliffhangers...

So, here we are: DC/WB launched the Multiverse this past Summer for their films. There's a very large segment of DC fans who are dedicated to Snyder and are willing to pay to see him finish out Justice League 2 and 3. Why can WB/DC/HBO Max not simply tap into the Multiverse/Elseworlds and let Zack finish up what he wanted? Give him a lighter budget and tell him he needs to work within [reasonable] parameters and let him go. Meanwhile, keep developing all of your other DC movies. In this scenario, everyone wins, including WB/DC/HBO Max.

Ultimate Member

Did anyone think Affleck acted disinterested throughout mich of the movie

Something I wanted to separate from my post above is just my own theory.

ZSJL has been out for one week officially. On Monday, we were treated to the Sarnoff "interview." Every day since then there's been casting announcements for The Flash and Black Adam.

Today? BOOM - The Suicide Squad trailer announcement stating the trailer drops tomorrow.

To me, and this is just my interpretation, WB is trying to drown out the ongoing and growing chorus for the "Snyderverse" (mainly being Justice League 2 and 3).

Many of us are sitting here thinking, let HBO Max take it and maybe develop a 10-12 episode series for what would have been JL2-3 or something like that and call it a day. The problem is, Sarnoff and WB reignited the dam fire way too soon with their statements. They should have just stayed back and not said anything. Now they've pissed even more people off and here we are.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Did anyone think Affleck acted disinterested throughout mich of the movie
    He was gutted after the reaction to BvS. Then, he went to direct and star in his passion project, Live by Night, which flopped. Right after that, he turned to alcohol. This was all around filming and reshooting JL. It was a tough time for him.
    I will say his performance in BvS carried much more weight than in JL. Now, for Whedon's reshoots, oh Jesus you can clearly see he just phoned the lines in. But I think he was mostly back to his normal self in all of Zack's shots.

Or DC is riding the Snyderverse excitement to advertise their other upcoming films.

WB spent $70million to complete this film and $100million to advertise it, they are not rooting for it to fail

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Or DC is riding the Snyderverse excitement to advertise their other upcoming films.

WB spent $70million to complete this film and $100million to advertise it, they are not rooting for it to fail
    That thought did enter my mind, but I can't believe it right now with how everything has gone between WB and Zack. Apparently they hate him as much half of the people on here do.
    WB didn't spend $70 million, by the way. HBO Max, within its own division, did and with the approval of AT&T. I can't verify myself, but there's been rumors that WB has been spiteful towards HBO Max for letting Zack finish this. Again, just rumor...

And no... $100 million was not spent to advertise ZSJL. If you can find any legitimate source that undeniably proves this, I will find a way to buy you a beer or something. By all means, HBO Max probably spent less than $10 million on advertising for ZSJL. WW84, for example, spent around $50 million for its advertising from what I've gathered.

ZSJL was almost totally online and organic up until a couple weeks ago. Some big cities had some billboards, but that's about it.

Ultimate Member

Huh, I remember Affleck dealing with some difficulties but I didn't realize all that. Thanks Wandering_Wand

It was kind of jarring to me considering the energy he had in BvS

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Huh, I remember Affleck dealing with some difficulties but I didn't realize all that. Thanks Wandering_Wand

It was kind of jarring to me considering the energy he had in BvS
    Yea, not a problem. It's something I kept tabs on because the dude went down a dark spiral from probably 2017-2019ish and has been sober since.