Page 203 of 211 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    The problem is, Sarnoff and WB reignited the dam fire way too soon with their statements. They should have just stayed back and not said anything. Now they've pissed even more people off and here we are.
    Sometimes I wonder if people at DC or WB are deliberately doing such things, that they like split fanbase and want these flame wars to continue.

Or they are completely out of touch.

Hey, appreciate the sentiment there.

There was supposedly a very legitimate "anonymous" WB executive who told one of the trades (Deadling, Variety, I forget) that it was "a pipe dream" and "never going to happen."
    They also stayed silent until the November 2019 Twitter spree and it was quoted in an interview with Zack that Toby Emmerich finally decided something needed to be done due to the ongoing fan outreach for the movie. A quick note, that was the largest tweet event in SnyderCut history, if I'm not mistaken, and reached 700k hashtags (or whatever the metric is, I don't do Twitter) within 24 hours. This event today reached over a million in less than 24 hours... Reports "on the ground" are suggesting there's a lot more casual fans who joined in after hearing and/or seeing about ZSJL on HBO Max, so now it's not just us "Snyderbots."

Look, today's events and people's anger, if we want to call it that, likely wouldn't have happened, at least not so quickly, had Ann Sarnoff not had that totally pre-prepared PR "interview" that totally body slammed any and all hopes of Snyder continuing his Justice League arc. Keep in mind, WB released that about only 3.5 days after the release of ZSJL. It was, by all means, one of two things: completely tone deaf to their customer base, which is more than just 10 Snyderbots I think you all should know by now, or it was a deliberate preemptive "attack" (might be too strong of a word) on any traction ZSJL was going to get.

It's one of Snyder's highest rated movies. Whether we use RT as a measuring stick or not (it seems that only applies to certain movies within certain debates), or even IMDB, just talking to people online and talking to people who I was able to talk into watching it, thoroughly enjoyed the film and want to see more after those cliffhangers...

So, here we are: DC/WB launched the Multiverse this past Summer for their films. There's a very large segment of DC fans who are dedicated to Snyder and are willing to pay to see him finish out Justice League 2 and 3. Why can WB/DC/HBO Max not simply tap into the Multiverse/Elseworlds and let Zack finish up what he wanted? Give him a lighter budget and tell him he needs to work within [reasonable] parameters and let him go. Meanwhile, keep developing all of your other DC movies. In this scenario, everyone wins, including WB/DC/HBO Max.
    The problem is the cost. They would have to make something much smaller then a JL sequel.. Also Ann Sarnov wouldn't have given a clearly scripted interview without approval of her bosses. At&T isn't gonna over step again and after the restructuring HBOmax is under Sarnov. It just doesn't make business sense to spend that kind of money on a Sequel. Also Hashtags aren't a good representation of demand to a studio. The buzz was enough for them the spend 70m for HBOmax. Guess they thought the PR would be worth it. What They care about is the General audience which fandom makes up a small percentage of(Also alot of fandom hate Snyders DCEU films so take a big chunk of that percentage off). People within any given fandom think the reach is bigger then it is because it fills up they're world.

As far as RT the score is ok(Better then anyone thought I'm sure) but it has alot less reviews WW84 or the theatrical cut got. Alot of Critics didn't even bother to review it(It wasn't a theatrical release and it's 4hrs long. I'm sure that plays a part). So average RT scores aren't enough to renew confidence in the Execs at WBs. If this movie was some smash success that the Snyderbots(That's the term you used hope it not derogatory. Sounds nicer then Snydercult) WBs wouldn't hide it. They are a business that wants to make money. They are moving away from Snyder because they think they're other project are better for the brand.

Now if your saying let Snyder do a 80m Joe Maginello Deathstroke for HBOmax. That could make financial sense but you can't do what he had planned for cheap. So unless he does some smaller films that all knock it out of the park and win back the general audience and critics... I don't see them greenlighting a JL2 from him. We will get another Justice League post Flashpoint I'm sure. But it won't be from Snyder. Also I don't know if Snyder would do a smaller budget anything for HBOMax. He might want 250+m to do a Justice League 2 or nothing. There's alot of stars that have to align. Alot more then what it took to give him 70m to finish post production on a film

Hey, appreciate the sentiment there.

There was supposedly a very legitimate "anonymous" WB executive who told one of the trades (Deadling, Variety, I forget) that it was "a pipe dream" and "never going to happen."
    They also stayed silent until the November 2019 Twitter spree and it was quoted in an interview with Zack that Toby Emmerich finally decided something needed to be done due to the ongoing fan outreach for the movie. A quick note, that was the largest tweet event in SnyderCut history, if I'm not mistaken, and reached 700k hashtags (or whatever the metric is, I don't do Twitter) within 24 hours. This event today reached over a million in less than 24 hours... Reports "on the ground" are suggesting there's a lot more casual fans who joined in after hearing and/or seeing about ZSJL on HBO Max, so now it's not just us "Snyderbots."

Look, today's events and people's anger, if we want to call it that, likely wouldn't have happened, at least not so quickly, had Ann Sarnoff not had that totally pre-prepared PR "interview" that totally body slammed any and all hopes of Snyder continuing his Justice League arc. Keep in mind, WB released that about only 3.5 days after the release of ZSJL. It was, by all means, one of two things: completely tone deaf to their customer base, which is more than just 10 Snyderbots I think you all should know by now, or it was a deliberate preemptive "attack" (might be too strong of a word) on any traction ZSJL was going to get.

It's one of Snyder's highest rated movies. Whether we use RT as a measuring stick or not (it seems that only applies to certain movies within certain debates), or even IMDB, just talking to people online and talking to people who I was able to talk into watching it, thoroughly enjoyed the film and want to see more after those cliffhangers...

So, here we are: DC/WB launched the Multiverse this past Summer for their films. There's a very large segment of DC fans who are dedicated to Snyder and are willing to pay to see him finish out Justice League 2 and 3. Why can WB/DC/HBO Max not simply tap into the Multiverse/Elseworlds and let Zack finish up what he wanted? Give him a lighter budget and tell him he needs to work within [reasonable] parameters and let him go. Meanwhile, keep developing all of your other DC movies. In this scenario, everyone wins, including WB/DC/HBO Max.
    Honest question; if Warner Brothers has no plans to make more Snyderverse projects, wouldn't it be better for us to know that now rather then later?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yeah I don’t see how it would be better to string folks along with the possibility of more to come when you have no intention to do so. Better to be up front about it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How does that work? Snyder wasn't the first person to make more serious comic book movies.
    This. Like, a year after Aquaman made a billion Joker made a billion.

Several stories have reported that the Snyder Cut got less streams than WW84. There is also still a lot of critical comments and discussions on line. I just can't see WB throwing any money into a project that just isn't profitable enough. It's a business and they've dropped things that were loved and had critical acclaim, so hardly likely to throw more money on a project that really hasn't made a decent return.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Honest question; if Warner Brothers has no plans to make more Snyderverse projects, wouldn't it be better for us to know that now rather then later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yeah I don’t see how it would be better to string folks along with the possibility of more to come when you have no intention to do so. Better to be up front about it from the start.
    They dropped the PR interview on Monday morning. Monday morning.
    Couldn't it have waited a couple weeks? 10 days even? It was just bad timing, period. They didn't allow fans time to marinate in the movie. Sure, don't string people along. But don't tell people 3 or 4 days after release that this is it, thanks for playing and run along now. Those are bad optics, as we can clearly see now. It just irritated a lot of people. I think more people would be less upset if they were to have waited and the message was more akin to "Look, we appreciate the fan support and while ZSJL seems relatively successful, it's just not something we want to pursue as a company at this time."

That's much better than "we see this as a conclusion to his trilogy, full stop." Even though it's not a trilogy, it's a 5 film arc.

So, what can we agree on here? It's probably better to not string along your fanbase, sure. But maybe also wait more than 4 days before crafting a rather blunt and tone deaf corporate message.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Several stories have reported that the Snyder Cut got less streams than WW84. There is also still a lot of critical comments and discussions on line. I just can't see WB throwing any money into a project that just isn't profitable enough. It's a business and they've dropped things that were loved and had critical acclaim, so hardly likely to throw more money on a project that really hasn't made a decent return.
    A lot of us have been saying give Snyder a smaller budget then and make him work within those parameters. If he's unwilling, those details will come out and then we can move on. At that point, even a large chunk of the Snyder fanbase will have the sense to realize this. The small toxic minority will be left to themselves in a corner demanding WB give more money to him. If JL cost $250 million to make with Snyder (WB are the ones who decided to toss on another $20-$50 million with the Joss reshoots), maybe offer him $200 million.

Maybe HBO Max can offer up a JL2/3 combined series of 10-12 episodes that films over a year or so and we can call it a day.
    The audience scores are much better thus far and half (ok, not exactly half but several) of the negative reviews literally said this was just a cut with deleted scenes... Those negative reviews shouldn't even count due to their blatant disregard to simple facts. Even so, it's still one of Snyder's highest rated films. "Low" bar or not...

And context for the streams, that was a Samba TV report and it only reports TVs with their software on them in the U.S. They were able to report that 2.2 million households streamed WW84 during it's first 3 days of release while ZSJL streamed in 1.8 million over its first 4 days. Some key things to consider here:

-Christmas week release for WW84 when literally half of the U.S. is out of school and work.
    -March Madness was happening ZSJL opening weekend.
    -No major outings, Spring Break across the U.S. isn't singular and a lot of people travel.
    -The Falcon and Winter Solider premiered same weekend on Disney+ with a subscriber base of 100 million (HBO Max's is maybe in 30-40 millions right now). That was also Disney+'s highest view count on an opening weekend they said with 1.7 million views.
    -ZSJL is 4 hours long with an "optional" episodic format. WW84 was around 2-2.5 hours. Thus, there could be more people who are drawing out their viewership and taking multiple days to watch ZSJL. I'm on a rewatch now and just watching one part each night. When the Irishman released, I watched it split into 2-3 nights. I hope we can review more accurate numbers soon.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 03-26-2021 at 05:16 AM.

BANNED

Some black and white clips are out. As I predicted, this wont be the best alternative. I don't think high fantasy related films has ever looked better in black and white and this will prove it again, however it is welcoming to see more film making experimentation with comic films

https://ew.com/movies/snyder-cut-kni...ack-and-white/

This version of the film looks pretty dull even without the high fantasy elements.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Didn’t WB even say that ZSJL was a one and done during the promo run? Or am I just mixing up the timeline of events?

Couldn't it have waited a couple weeks? 10 days even? It was just bad timing, period. They didn't allow fans time to marinate in the movie. Sure, don't string people along. But don't tell people 3 or 4 days after release that this is it, thanks for playing and run along now. Those are bad optics, as we can clearly see now. It just irritated a lot of people. I think more people would be less upset if they were to have waited and the message was more akin to "Look, we appreciate the fan support and while ZSJL seems relatively successful, it's just not something we want to pursue as a company at this time."

That's much better than "we see this as a conclusion to his trilogy, full stop." Even though it's not a trilogy, it's a 5 film arc.

So, what can we agree on here? It's probably better to not string along your fanbase, sure. But maybe also wait more than 4 days before crafting a rather blunt and tone deaf corporate message.
    As far as the wording, guess I thought it was classier then I was expecting, all things considered (mileage may vary). As far as the timing goes, I personally think it would've been more disappointing to have time to hope and speculate on a sequel happening (that was me with the Power Rangers reboot). Granted, we knew coming in that the Snyder Cut was going to be a one-time deal, so maybe the delay would've presented the optics of considering if it was profitable enough then raining on the parade right away. However, seeing as the Snyder fans pretty much right away began demanding that Warner Brothers bring back the Snyderverse, can't say I blame them for setting the record straight right away.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

You expect WB to know what they're doing when it comes to DC? We all thought that at first, we were all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Didn’t WB even say that ZSJL was a one and done during the promo run? Or am I just mixing up the timeline of events?
    Both the WB and Snyder were explicit on that. Doesn't mean that there wasn't a good enough showing to get a sequel greenlit. Also Snyder's quotes were, IIRC, carefully worded to not rule out his wanting to do a new one.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

This is why they came out and said there wasn't gonna be sequels. They made it clear before the movie dropped and right after to try to get ahead of this. If they would have never said anything this would still be happening. The comments probably made it more urgent but this would still be happening. You can't let fans demand a film and expect they are gonna say thank you and move on after. They gonna ask for more it's human nature. My bet would be they just ignore it. Let stuff like Godzilla vs Kong come out and suck all the air out of the room. Then when things finally quite down Snyder will tweet something to get people worked back up again. This goes on and on like the Snydercut except I don't think WBs gonna cave and At&T isn't gonna overstep again. Because on top of them specifically saying they weren't gonna cater to a minority of the fan base. It doesn't make Financial sense atleast not anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe HBO Max can offer up a JL2/3 combined series of 10-12 episodes that films over a year or so and we can call it a day.
    The audience scores are much better thus far and half (ok, not exactly half but several) of the negative reviews literally said this was just a cut with deleted scenes... Those negative reviews shouldn't even count due to their blatant disregard to simple facts. Even so, it's still one of Snyder's highest rated films. "Low" bar or not...
    Yeah I saw some reviews like that on RT. Just someone saying stuff like "it's just longer with more cgi-bad". Like how does that even count as a review? Smdh..