Page 206 of 211 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    LOL.No offence but I don't think this is a truth of the case that the Snyder fans are entitled, the media demonised Snyder and his fans for years and told them sndyer's movies were bad and they all need to move on from his vision and all this was done without any real objective reason to why?
    First point, BvS is a bad movie (even the best filmmakers have their misfires, so it's understandable that it would happen, and, sadly with Snyder, it happened to him at a point when the survival of the Snyderverse needed a win to keep going forward). One can think that Snyder's vision was one of the key mistakes in the early DCEU without making it a personal attack on the people involved.

So far as moving on from the Snyderverse after WB decided to take another path, there is a point where you've said your piece and it is time to let things rest. Also, bear in mind much of this was at a time when WB was consistent on the point that it wasn't happening. At what point do you say: "I don't agree, but understand"?

Also, while the Snyder cult did earn itself a toxic reputation, I don't recall Snyder himself being demonized as a terrible human being, just not considered a good DC filmmaker. Personally, I did feel his continued campaigning for the Snyder Cut came across as entitled, but I don't know the guy personally, so I will concede that that may not be a fair assessment. It does really feel like, in retrospect, that he was using the Snyder cult to get the movie made (including turning a blind eye to the toxicity until after everything was finished), but I don't have enough evidence to prove such a claim.

what the snyder fans did was hold firm to their beliefs and look how it turned out? they and Snyder have all been vindicated. The Justice League cut is actually excellent and celebrates everything Snyder does good as a film maker.
    Good for you and him.

I don't even agree mostly with Grace Randolph because she is shill but she was right when she said the Snyder Cut was a masterclass in film making, not to mention now that his vision from man of steel now makes a lot of sense even to Snyder's most logical naysayers.
    Yeah, maybe leaving Randolph out of it would be better for credibility's sake. As for the Snyder Cut being excellent filmmaking, I have noticed that the editing has gotten consistent criticism and there is some question as to whether the movie is good on it's own terms or good in comparison to Whedon's take (interesting questions, sure). Kinda wonder if YouTuber Bob Chipman hit it on the head, that the Snyder Cut being "good" or "bad" isn't really the point and that it's mere existence is really the only thing that matters in the final assessment, if that makes any sense.

I don't see that as entitlement, in fact I think Snyder and his fans need to be owed an apology because they media never treated them fairly or even gave them the benefit of the doubt.
    The Snyder Cut got made, reviews were generally decent (esp. considering most of us where expecting it would be laughed off the service), causal viewers were positive, and Snyder got to end his DCEU run on his own terms instead of his legacy being "Martha" and a Frankenstein-ed bastardization of his last project. That's better than many filmmakers and films that weren't appreciated in their time got.

honestly I know when fans can get entitled, I live in the trekkie bubble, I hang around the star wars fandom too and I am in the marvel fandom too. Believe me when I say the entitlement thing runs more with those that are more into Kevin Fiege's vision, than Zack Snyder fans since many of Feige fans automatically feel other IPs like Spiderman/X-Men/Blade must be in the MCU even if that has never made sense. that is what entitlement feels like in a big fandom with many different layers and where fans love different aspect of their movies.
    Frankly, I've found the Snyder Cut to be worse then Trekkies, if only that the entitled and toxic Trekkies seem to just wallow in their grievances instead of harassing people (although the guy who runs that Ex Astis Scientia website has sure gone downhill with his "Discovery is not real Star Trek or canon" hissy fits). Honestly, never seen the MCU fans you're describing (and if it's okay for Snyder cultists to want the Snyder Cut released and for the DCEU be put back into the Snyderverse, it stands to reason that it's okay for MCU fans to want to see other Marvel properties in the MCU, so long as they're civil about it). The Snyder Cut seems to be moving in the vein of They Who Must Not Be Named and the Fandom Menace. I actually thought they were more along the lines of the "Star Wars Give Us Legends" crowd, but they seem to be moving out of that zone (not to mention that the Legends movement is pretty dead, save for a few internet social hubs where people put on their rose-colored glasses to remember when Star Wars was great.

Snyder fans are not even close to acting this way.
    So that's why they're copying They Who Must Not Be Name's attempts to review bomb Captain Marvel to send a message to the studio to pander to their demands? And harassing the company and employees who own the IP?

they just want Snyder to keep doing his own thing and let other DC IPs also do their own thing. Restoring the Snyderverse is not going to twat any plans, on the contrary if the Snyververse is restored, it means DC will even have more creative variety, which is what was planned by WB originally before all the backlash in Batman v Superman that gave us the now awful Justice League 2017. So, If anything Snyder fans are very independent than entitled.
    You're not entitled because you want more Snyderverse movies; you're entitled because you're throwing a temper tantrum over WB said "no" -- esp. since everyone from them to Snyder said from the very beginning that the Snyder Cut was a one-time deal.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    First point, BvS is a bad movie (even the best filmmakers have their misfires, so it's understandable that it would happen, and, sadly with Snyder, it happened to him at a point when the survival of the Snyderverse needed a win to keep going forward). One can think that Snyder's vision was one of the key mistakes in the early DCEU without making it a personal attack on the people involved.
    I wouldn't call BvS a bad movie, just an inconsistent one. But I agree with your point.

So that's why they're copying They Who Must Not Be Name's attempts to review bomb Captain Marvel to send a message to the studio to pander to their demands? And harassing the company and employees who own the IP
    I knew that review bombing seemed familiar! One group you don't want to learn from is the anti-Brie Larson guys!

What? So a group of synder fans angy at no jla 2 bombed bad reviews to kong. Then other synder fans said "not messing with kong" and are bombing it with good reviews on imdb! Is this right?

You can't make this stuff up! Also imdb reviews mean next to nothing so why there?

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-k...b-review-bomb/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What? So a group of synder fans angy at no jla 2 bombed bad reviews to kong. Then other synder fans said "not messing with kong" and are bombing it with good reviews on imdb! Is this right?

You can't make this stuff up! Also imdb reviews mean next to nothing so why there?

Snyder v Snyder: Dawn of Justice

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Think there's a bit of hyperbole here. 30 something ppl don't amount to a fandom.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Think there's a bit of hyperbole here. 30 something ppl don't amount to a fandom.
    That's the number of review bombers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's the number of review bombers?
    Yeah at the time of this article the author says 33 lol. Kinda misleading

Ultimate Member

Well, I'm glad it's a minor group

Astonishing Member

Well, I'm glad it's a minor group
    For that matter better to see a bit of shortsighted review bombing than the more insidious talent harassing seen with Star Wars/Ghostbusters movies.

I wouldn't call BvS a bad movie, just an inconsistent one. But I agree with your point.
    I guess I find the muddy plot kinda overshadows everything (and I'm not keen on how Snyder makes the characters killers), but that's me.

I knew that review bombing seemed familiar! One group you don't want to learn from is the anti-Brie Larson guys!
    Not a hundred percent sure if they're specifically copying that group (no idea how much overlap in members there is between the two), but, yeah, the Snyder cult is not helping their case with this.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

I guess I find the muddy plot kinda overshadows everything (and I'm not keen on how Snyder makes the characters killers), but that's me.

Not a hundred percent sure if they're specifically copying that group (no idea how much overlap in members there is between the two), but, yeah, the Snyder cult is not helping their case with this.
    I thought the plot was muddled and I didn't like the characters being killers either.

I was more joking about how people also review bombed CM before it came out

I thought the plot was muddled and I didn't like the characters being killers either.
    Okay. Guess I thought you liked it more, based on what you said.

I was more joking about how people also review bombed CM before it came out
    Oh, sure.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

100% that some of them have multiple accounts so real number is likely much lower.

BANNED

You know all this is still pretty hilarious to me even if I am so far beyond removed from the MCU vs DCU stuff and I just care more about the art process of all this films, first of all BvS is not a bad movie. there is no proof of that, just as there is no proof of you
    saying X1/X2 were dated and overrated and Sam's Spiderman films were on the same level as the tom holland spiderman films and saying TDK and Endgame have the same critical reception, however there is zero film critique evidence , reason you barely evaluate this stance.

While WB decided to take another part with the Snyderverse , you ignore the circumstances as to why. they did not want to, they were pressured by the unfair backlash from the media that had an agenda, Studios have caved in the past, even without settling down to think things through?

Who decides the Snyder ''cult'' earned a toxic reputation? this is the continued propaganda to unfairly demonise Snyder and his fans simply because they believe in his vision, hated how Snyder was treated and fired and fought for the director they like. even if you personally feel that they were entitled, that is not the objective definition of term. This is determination.

Just because I think Grace Randolph is A Shill does not mean she cannot be right, she was right on that part. Also again there is no proof that many people have complained about the editing, this is the reason you once again have no evidence. However I will give evidence why this is false.

The editing of the movie was actually pretty fine, the movie had time to breathe and find itself, slow down when it was necessary and pick of the pace where needed. the divided 6 parts was one of the best decision Snyder made because it spaced out the movie, which helped the editing function a lot more smoothly and coherently, which is the most important aspect of editing a movie Trust me when I say the editing was fine. the movie was not stuffy, but most of all you see how I also have given point reasons to debunk the idea the movie was badly editing?

The movie is also superior to Whedon's take and is actually artistically better than all the Avengers films because the film making was top notch from top to bottom and Snyder got to experiment with many things than just following one formula which was firstly set up by Whedon in 2012. This is actually the best visual high fantasy comic book film done to date and it had the story and rich characters to support it. It is not an action fast paced comedy like the Avengers movies.

-Also the Snyder cut did not get decent reviews, the reviews are actually great from a film study POV. It's good enough that there has been a big shift that people want to restore the snyderverse. It is also very reminiscent of the reviews of V for Vendetta, however I can see how you my not get me saying this things because you did not understand the difference between the reviews of Endgame and TDK or for X-Men and Teenage Mutant Ninjas Turtles.

Unless of course you are one of those people that think great reviews is objectively based on the higher the RT numbers. which now also automatically means The Green Mile that I saw yesterday (a masterpiece movie and the best Stephen King adaption) is worse movie than Captain Marvel. Just so you know, this is what you will be implying. However I don't have a problem with this as long as you can give solid film making evidence why Captain marvel is a more acclaimed movie than The Green Mile.

It feels as if you want to find fault in Snyder fans because you don't like Snyder. However, they come out looking the best when you take into account the content of every situation. Star Trek fans only get mad at dumbed down star trek and when the series crosses a line between one sided political agenda than moral agenda. Many MCU fans (though not all) are wrong to just ask for every marvel property to be in the MCU even when it makes no sense because many marvel properties are not limited with what they can do and MCU is limited.

Not to mention every marvel IPs constantly heavily interacting is not true to the comic universe, their failure to consider this very important aspects and just continue to insists everything must be in the MCU is the definition of entitlement in the English queen's dictionary. the fandom menace is a sham and filled with very extreme right wingers who are racists and sexists but it also does not erase the fact that George Lucas , James Cameron , Kanye West and Mark Hamlii have all shared disappointment in the new star wars series with many other genuine fans and that includes me and We are not part of the Fandom menace.

-Reviewing Bombing are not high threat pop culture levels, a few fans acting that way is no cause to generalise the entire fanbase. Lastly, I don't throw temper tantrums, lol this is a false conception about me, which kindly I think you should stop doing
    Last edited by Castle; 03-29-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    100% that some of them have multiple accounts so real number is likely much lower.
    But yet the headline be like "Snyder Fandom review bombing!!!!" smdh...