Page 44 of 211 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You asked if Steppenwolf was ever part of the plan..

How is steppenwolf anything like Loki... in any way? I'm racking my brain and all I can come up with is that they both served someone stronger(Thanos and Darkseid). But Loki was after he was established and did it to get revenge and take earth. Steppenwolf was just serving Darkseid and had no personality. Supposedly Snyder intended for him to try and use the motherbox to take power from Darkseid but who knows if that was true.
    You would have to ask Whedon that, he was the one that created cartoonary weak villains who never pose as a threat. Infact avengers and justice league follow the exact the same plot likely for having the same director, it just goes to show Snyder was disrespected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    True, Starro could work. I mean imagine a group of his hosts talking like one changing between them mid-sentence would be pretty chilling for example.
    You have a great idea but a wrong character to manifest it, Starro is problematic to depict as a villain, the league fighting a huge starfish is no appealing in the slightest even if at first he works through proxies.Your idea works wonderfully if the main villain is at least humanoid.The perfect candidate is Despero.He can do the same and still be more appealing to battle in the final showdown
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-09-2020 at 02:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    You have a great idea but a wrong character to manifest it, Starro is problematic to depict as a villain, the league fighting a huge starfish is no appealing in the slightest even if at first he works through proxies.Your idea works wonderfully if the main villain is at least humanoid.The perfect candidate is Despero.He can do the same and still be more appealing to battle in the final showdown
    Or it could be the ideal opportunity to make someone like Starro work. If a huge starfish is fighting the league and at the same time they have to fight his minions I think it could be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    You would have to ask Whedon that, he was the one that created cartoonary weak villains who never pose as a threat. Infact avengers and justice league follow the exact the same plot likely for having the same director, it just goes to show Snyder was disrespected.
    No. I want to hear your answer to this. How are they the same? And how is How is Snyder wanting to use Steppenwolf anything like Whedon using "cartoony weak villains"? How does using the villain Synder wanted to use in the same way he wanted to use him disrespecting him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    No. I want to hear your answer to this. How are they the same? And how is How is Snyder wanting to use Steppenwolf anything like Whedon using "cartoony weak villains"? How does using the villain Synder wanted to use in the same way he wanted to use him disrespecting him?
    Snyder would have made Steepenwolf as and if not more as fearful as Zod was.

Avengers and JL have a lot of similarities.

BANNED

Snyder would have made Steepenwolf as and if not more as fearful as Zod was.
    Would not bet on that. For that to work Whedon would have had to remove all things that would have made Steppenwolf a character and not just an obstacle to overcome. And I do not think we will get a lot of stuff that will correct that in the Cut. As said before Doomsday had more Character than Steppenwolf

Your making no sense. Loki isn't only a fleshed out character , hes a fan favorite. How is he the same as Steppenwolf? Stppenwolf wasn't even a character, much like Doomsday he was just there too fight and then was gone. You have no way of knowing what Snyder would have done with him. The only info we have is that he might have been planning to double cross Darkseid in Snyders cut. There is a reason one of those movies is insanely popular and the other killed was the final nail in Snyder vision( I think BvS did more harm but because they went right into production on JL he had a second chance.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Your making no sense. Loki isn't only a fleshed out character , hes a fan favorite. How is he the same as Steppenwolf? Stppenwolf wasn't even a character, much like Doomsday he was just there too fight and then was gone. You have no way of knowing what Snyder would have done with him. The only info we have is that he might have been planning to double cross Darkseid in Snyders cut. There is a reason one of those movies is insanely popular and the other killed was the final nail in Snyder vision( I think BvS did more harm but because they went right into production on JL he had a second chance.)
    Some got my presumption of the villains wrong. Neither Loki or SW were threatful villains. I don't see them as villains to be scared off like Joker or Zod or Adrian Veidt from Watchemen . Both are jokes.

Additionally neither movies are ''popular'' anymore than Transformers is. 300 is more popular than both movies since 300 actually did something.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Additionally neither movies are ''popular'' anymore than Transformers is. 300 is more popular than both movies since 300 actually did something.
    According to whom...?

That's not even what "popular" means...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    According to whom...?
    Likely other people who make movies like Snyder. One thing about Snyder. he is quite respected as a director in the business.

Did anyone truly think he was hated for telling or evolving Superman's story on film after 30 years?

I can easily see many of Snyder's own peers liking Man of Steel more than Avengers. As I said and will continue to say. if and should aliens ever attack earth for real. things will play out more like man of steel and dawn of justice than Avengers.

Likely other people who make movies like Snyder. One thing about Snyder. he is quite respected as a director in the business.
    So, basically you're saying theoretical people that like Sydner would like Synder. Not any specific people, just some vague idea of people that might exist somewhere.

I can easily see many of Snyder's own peers liking Man of Steel more than Avengers.
    You imaging that people like what you like isn't exactly the most concrete of sources to cite.

if and should aliens ever attack earth for real. things will play out more like man of steel and dawn of justice than Avengers.
    I know I for one believe that when aliens attack, an alien that was raised by humans will fly through the sky and try to stop them.

That's much more believable than the government putting together a mostly unpowered team of people to try and stop them.

Incredible Member

Just curious does anyone know if Joss Whedon has been blackballed? I mean after hearing Ray Fishers take ( a bit exaggerated imo) and the fact that he was taken off batgirl shortly afterwards JL released, kind of get the feeling that WB didn't want anything to do with him afterwards. I don't think it was because of the film flopping either especially considering they still like and deal with Zack Snyder.

Citation needed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Just curious does anyone know if Joss Whedon has been blackballed? I mean after hearing Ray Fishers take ( a bit exaggerated imo) and the fact that he was taken off batgirl shortly afterwards JL released, kind of get the feeling that WB didn't want anything to do with him afterwards. I don't think it was because of the film flopping either especially considering they still like and deal with Zack Snyder.
    His HBO show is still going ahead. With COVID shutting down Hollywood it's impossible to tell something like this unless it's really blatant - as in an article in Variety. It's going to take years for Hollywood to get back to normal and we're in the middle of a pandemic.