Page 45 of 211 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So, basically you're saying theoretical people that like Sydner would like Synder. Not any specific people, just some vague idea of people that might exist somewhere.

You imaging that people like what you like isn't exactly the most concrete of sources to cite.

I know I for one believe that when aliens attack, an alien that was raised by humans will fly through the sky and try to stop them.

That's much more believable than the government putting together a mostly unpowered team of people to try and stop them.
    What an absurd assumption,what does 'theoretical' mean? There are 4 categories of people who can like Snyder
    1.Peers -fellow directors or storytellers
    2.Crew- technical support staff on films, camera men ,stunts people etc
    3.Actors- people who know him as a director/person first hand
    4.Fans- People who for whatever reason like his work/films

There are plenty of people from any category that like him, examples are many and they are vocal enough to voice it not some nebulous 'theory'
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-09-2020 at 11:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Likely other people who make movies like Snyder. One thing about Snyder. he is quite respected as a director in the business.

Did anyone truly think he was hated for telling or evolving Superman's story on film after 30 years?

I can easily see many of Snyder's own peers liking Man of Steel more than Avengers. As I said and will continue to say. if and should aliens ever attack earth for real. things will play out more like man of steel and dawn of justice than Avengers.
    Again you understand that people can not like movies? I mean seeing that you not likening the MCU is a well known fact you should understand that. Trying to find arguments to bolster that opinion is what makes it too much.
    And the only one who can be said to "hate" certain movies here would be you.

In your opinion perhaps. And judging a movie based on what you think how an alien invasion will play out is not really an argument that works.

o

So, basically you're saying theoretical people that like Sydner would like Synder. Not any specific people, just some vague idea of people that might exist somewhere.

You imaging that people like what you like isn't exactly the most concrete of sources to cite.

I know I for one believe that when aliens attack, an alien that was raised by humans will fly through the sky and try to stop them.

That's much more believable than the government putting together a mostly unpowered team of people to try and stop them.
    Lol think maybe he's referring to how to government came in and fought along superman to the best their abilities instead of being absent. But in all seriousness who goes into a superman movie with the hopes that it's realistic.

BANNED

people who are Snyder peers and people who enjoy adult oriented comic movies.
    You imaging that people like what you like isn't exactly the most concrete of sources to cite
    No.

Its common that many writers tend to prefer movies with more realism. Movies with less studio interference.

If aliens attack earth tomorrow, I doubt it play out comedy avengers. the world would become a dark place.

our government's team would be in default unpowered compared to the aliens. Man of steel had more realism than Avengers. Avengers is more fitting for a Disney resort session.

Astonishing Member

Who are they? And not people involved in his movies.

No.

Its common that many writers tend to prefer movies with more realism. Movies with less studio interference.
    Who are these writers? There's layers to studio interference, Snyder got more flexibility to do things than Ayer. The only directors who get free reign are Christ Nolan and people on his wavelength (James Cameron), and they're the exception.

If aliens attack earth tomorrow, I doubt it play out comedy avengers. the world would become a dark place.

our government's team would be in default unpowered compared to the aliens. Man of steel had more realism than Avengers. Avengers is more fitting for a Disney resort session.
    Avengers had comedy scenes in it, it wasn't a comedy. What tone the movie has isn't how realistic we measure movies, Alan was bringing up the characters involved in thwarting alien invasions and they're all fictional power fantasises. Man of Steel was cynical, which is often mistaken for realism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Who are they? And not people involved in his movies.

Who are these writers? There's layers to studio interference, Snyder got more flexibility to do things than Ayer. The only directors who get free reign are Christ Nolan and people on his wavelength (James Cameron), and they're the exception.

Avengers had comedy scenes in it, it wasn't a comedy. What tone the movie has isn't how realistic we measure movies, Alan was bringing up the characters involved in thwarting alien invasions and they're all fictional power fantasises. Man of Steel was cynical, which is often mistaken for realism.
    Sorry but at first alien contact cynicism and NOT fawning over a being you don't know is realism

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Sorry but at first alien contact cynicism and NOT fawning over a being you don't know is realism
    Alien invasions are inherently unrealistic. Superman is inherently unrealistic. Having huge collateral damages and bystanders killed may be a cynical take on Superman, but it does not make the plot or concept one iota more realistic.

No.

Lol none of the Avengers films are comedies. Gotg, thor 3, antman... sure but none of the avengers films are comedies. And iono what a "disney resort session" is.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-10-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

[…]
    Well, according to the petition on change.org there are at least 179,220 of those "theoretical people".

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What an absurd assumption,what does 'theoretical' mean? There are 4 categories of people who can like Snyder
    1.Peers -fellow directors or storytellers
    2.Crew- technical support staff on films, camera men ,stunts people etc
    3.Actors- people who know him as a director/person first hand
    4.Fans- People who for whatever reason like his work/films

There are plenty of people from any category that like him, examples are many and they are vocal enough to voice it not some nebulous 'theory'
    Lol he was talking about a specific group of people in response to what Castle said. Castle claimed Snyder was highly respected among other directors and then claimed most of them Like his movie over Avengers. Thats the ridiculous thing to say. Its basicaly saying thats what I think , so I know that's what they think. Alan asked what people ( what directors, not fans).. thats a fair question when you make a claim like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol think maybe he's referring to how to government came in and fought along superman to the best their abilities instead of being absent. But in all seriousness who goes into a superman movie with the hopes that it's realistic.
    Fictional movies do tend to put in realism. Superhero movies are no exception. When you asked who goes to a superman movie looking for realism, would that be those who loved Avengers? I will also add that superhero movies like The Dark Knight or X2 welcomed more realism with superhero movies.What I find completely hilarious about this question is, Marvel is meant to have more realism than DC. People go to see different takes of Superman in movies. Superman has now reached a stage in movies where realism in welcomed to the pure fantasy romanticism of Reeves.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-11-2020 at 07:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol none of the Avengers films are comedies. Gotg, thor 3, antman... sure but none of the avengers films are comedies. And iono what a "disney resort session" is.
    Compared to Man of Steel or the Dark Knight. Avengers falls into comedy. Endgame or Thor 2 has dragged one comedy joke from the beginning to end. Age of Ultron is a bigger comedy movie than Ant Man.

Marvel has such a poor track record of making dramas so from MCU standing point, Avengers is drama compared to GOTG , however when you put it up against DC movies, Avengers becomes comedy because DC has Man of steel, The Dark Knight and Joker in its ranks.

A poor criticism of Snyder with man of steel. critics were complaining that Man of Steel did not tell jokes and was too serious. this was their diss because critics presumably enjoyed all the jokes and lack of a seriousness with Avengers, the year before. It's such failed criticism that went no where in the end. the evidence is with Whedon's failed justice league that Snyder is going to correct with the cut.
    Last edited by Castle; 07-11-2020 at 07:53 AM.

A question: what does comparing Man of Steel to the MCU movies' have to do with Snyder's Justice League cut being finished and streamed?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A question: what does comparing Man of Steel to the MCU movies' have to do with Snyder's Justice League cut being finished and streamed?
    I wanted to ask that 20 pages ago, but figured it would be ignored like my other updates on the progress of Snyder's cut.

This is an interesting situation where both defenders and detractors alike said f talking about what the thread is actually about, let's talk about something else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I wanted to ask that 20 pages ago, but figured it would be ignored like my other updates on the progress of Snyder's cut.

This is an interesting situation where both defenders and detractors alike said f talking about what the thread is actually about, let's talk about something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    When you realise the very foundation of the criticism against Snyder was he did not make a marvel kind of movie. we have to keep explaining to MCU fans why he does not need to.