Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 434
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,423

    Default

    I thought BvS was a total failure execution wise (IMHO, Snyder had some interesting ideas but he couldn’t put them together to make a good movie)but I still felt that Snyder should have finished what he started. For all it’s criticisms, Man of Steel was actually good and was a decent start for a new Superman (although I don’t and will never support having Superman kill anyone).

    Snyder’s vision might not be for everyone but his JL sounds far more intriguing than what we got in the JL movie. Good or bad, there’s nothing like watching a series of movie with a coherent vision. Not to mention that Snyder was badly mistreated by WB considering everything that happened to him at that time.

    I will most definitely watch the Snyder version just out of curiosity.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "Are we saying that Black people can't say their lives matter?"- Michael Jai White

  2. #62
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I thought BvS was a total failure execution wise (IMHO, Snyder had some interesting ideas but he couldn’t put them together to make a good movie)but I still felt that Snyder should have finished what he started. For all it’s criticisms, Man of Steel was actually good and was a decent start for a new Superman (although I don’t and will never support having Superman kill anyone).

    Snyder’s vision might not be for everyone but his JL sounds far more intriguing than what we got in the JL movie. Good or bad, there’s nothing like watching a series of movie with a coherent vision. Not to mention that Snyder was badly mistreated by WB considering everything that happened to him at that time.

    I will most definitely watch the Snyder version just out of curiosity.
    Yeah, a lack of coherent vision was a big problem. It's one thing to change up vision in the next movie, like we got with the new Star Wars movies. But Justice League switched up in the same movie... that's just way to jarring.

    Though you can argue had Justice League not fumbled the way it did, DC would have gone in a better direction overall.

    Either way, I definately want to see how different Snyders version is.

  3. #63
    Amazing Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    82

    Default

    What I am curious about is the tone of the Snyder Cut. Would it follow Batman v Superman or Justice League?

  4. #64
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    What I am curious about is the tone of the Snyder Cut. Would it follow Batman v Superman or Justice League?
    BVS. It’s apparently more tonally similar to BVS’s tone(albeit, a bit lighter).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.


    Check Out My Thread: Live-Action Versus Animated Comic Adaptions.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The money is going toward editing, VFX, score, marketing, and some reshoots.

    Snyder shot an entire film and had multiple cuts prepared. He screened his own cut to WB and HBO Max execs in February.

    People are still pushing the “doesn’t exist” thing even after the movie’s been announced?
    What Snyder had which fans clamoured for wasn't ready for release, therefore no it didn't exist - Snyder is finally able to create a version which exists. That's why they're doing the above, to complete it. Films are announced in Hollywood in pre-production, that's nothing new.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I thought BvS was a total failure execution wise (IMHO, Snyder had some interesting ideas but he couldn’t put them together to make a good movie)but I still felt that Snyder should have finished what he started. For all it’s criticisms, Man of Steel was actually good and was a decent start for a new Superman (although I don’t and will never support having Superman kill anyone).

    Snyder’s vision might not be for everyone but his JL sounds far more intriguing than what we got in the JL movie. Good or bad, there’s nothing like watching a series of movie with a coherent vision. Not to mention that Snyder was badly mistreated by WB considering everything that happened to him at that time.

    I will most definitely watch the Snyder version just out of curiosity.
    The inherent problem for me with BvS is that Snyder got Batman really, really wrong, then tried to defend his version of Batman by saying fans who disagreed with it were (more or less) deluded. I still think it was an okay movie, and his cut of the film definitely fixes some of the problems I had with how Superman was portrayed in the theatrical cut. But because I didn't find his Batman to be particularly sympathetic, redeemable, or competent (given that Lex Luthor manipulated Bruce into going after Superman in the first place), it was challenging for me to REALLY enjoy the movie.

    However, I disagree with you that WB treated Snyder poorly. While I have the utmost sympathy for Zack in what he went through personally (having experienced something similar myself), the fact is WB gave him three chances and hundreds of millions of dollars to try and make a successful film universe for DC's properties, and he couldn't do it. And again, from what I've read the original assembly cut that Snyder presented to WB executives prior to being removed from the film (either by his own accord or by WB - I believe the latter) was a complete mess.

    HAVING SAID THAT...they should have just let him finish the movie and release the cut he wanted, because while I have a feeling that I'm going to have the same problems with his JL that I had with BvS and to a lesser extent MoS, it certainly couldn't be worse than the butchered cut we ultimately got.

  7. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What Snyder had which fans clamoured for wasn't ready for release, therefore no it didn't exist - Snyder is finally able to create a version which exists. That's why they're doing the above, to complete it. Films are announced in Hollywood in pre-production, that's nothing new.
    It might make you feel better to think that way but it’s not true. There were multiple cuts in existence. What fans were clamoring for is what we are now getting. Everyone knew the work it was going to take. On the campaign’s website it states very clearly that it’s far from finished. The key thing to realize is that Snyder shot an entire film and he built several cuts off of that. “Release the Snyder Cut” was fans asking for the finished product. What point are you trying to make here exactly? Or are you just stating the obvious?

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It might make you feel better to think that way but it’s not true. There were multiple cuts in existence. What fans were clamoring for is what we are now getting. Everyone knew the work it was going to take. On the campaign’s website it states very clearly that it’s far from finished. The key thing to realize is that Snyder shot an entire film and he built several cuts off of that. “Release the Snyder Cut” was fans asking for the finished product. What point are you trying to make here exactly? Or are you just stating the obvious?
    To be fair there were plenty of fans who were throwing Jason Mamoa's name out there stating that an actual COMPLETED version of the film existed because Mamoa had stated he'd seen it. When people like me tried to argue that there's absolutely no way this was possible, we were told that we didn't know what we were talking about and Mamoa was a better source than we were.

    The fact is, there was never a COMPLETED version of Snyder's film. There were obviously rough cuts and what have you, which I freely admitted was the case because Snyder screened a cut of the film to WB executives prior to his leaving the project. But there was never a film ready to be released say, tomorrow or next week when HBO MAX actually launches.

    I get we're kind of arguing semantics at this point because regardless, Snyder's vision of this film will be released, which I never thought would happen. But fans are correct in that all those who have been saying Snyder's cut has just been sitting on a shelf somewhere ready to be released were clearly wrong.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 05-21-2020 at 09:26 AM.

  9. #69
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    To be fair there were plenty of fans who were throwing Jason Mamoa's name out there stating that an actual COMPLETED version of the film existed because Mamoa had stated he'd seen it. When people like me tried to argue that there's absolutely no way this was possible, we were told that we didn't know what we were talking about and Mamoa was a better source than we were.

    The fact is, there was never a COMPLETED version of Snyder's film. There were obviously rough cuts and what have you, which I freely admitted was the case because Snyder screened a cut of the film to WB executives prior to his leaving the project. But there was never a film ready to be released say, tomorrow or next week when HBO MAX actually launches.

    I get we're kind of arguing semantics at this point because regardless, Snyder's vision of this film will be released, which I never thought would happen. But fans are correct in that all those who have been saying Snyder's cut has just been sitting on a shelf somewhere ready to be released were clearly wrong.
    Okay but no...

    The literal website for RTSC assures folks that the film is not completed, and it would need funding before it released. Nobody ever denied that.

    People pushed the narrative that it didn’t exist because they were convinced that Snyder’s version barely differed from Whedon’s. The response was, “an entire film was shot and it is different from Whedon’s.” We found this out at the SAME TIME that we found out “VFX aren’t finished, no score, not much editing, etc” WE KNEW IT, the whole movement knew this TWO years ago.

    So now, people are trying to push the idea that it didn’t exist to begin with and Snyder has to “make it exist.” Well sorry but this is just more crap for people to use for their agenda. Snyder shot a complete film and we wanted THAT complete film released AS the Snyder cut. It had to have existed for it to be completed for a full release.

    people are trying to act like we thought it was ready to be released at the push of a button. How dumb do you think we are? You think 2 or 3 fans speak for a whole movement? You think we weren’t in depth researching this shit? We knew. We always knew. The narrative needs to stop, if there can’t be actual healthy discussion these people need to straight up leave the thread

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Okay but no...

    The literal website for RTSC assures folks that the film is not completed, and it would need funding before it released. Nobody ever denied that.

    People pushed the narrative that it didn’t exist because they were convinced that Snyder’s version barely differed from Whedon’s. The response was, “an entire film was shot and it is different from Whedon’s.” We found this out at the SAME TIME that we found out “VFX aren’t finished, no score, not much editing, etc” WE KNEW IT, the whole movement knew this TWO years ago.

    So now, people are trying to push the idea that it didn’t exist to begin with and Snyder has to “make it exist.” Well sorry but this is just more crap for people to use for their agenda. Snyder shot a complete film and we wanted THAT complete film released AS the Snyder cut. It had to have existed for it to be completed for a full release.

    people are trying to act like we thought it was ready to be released at the push of a button. How dumb do you think we are? You think 2 or 3 fans speak for a whole movement? You think we weren’t in depth researching this shit? We knew. We always knew. The narrative needs to stop, if there can’t be actual healthy discussion these people need to straight up leave the thread
    No, there were definitely people denying that. I was part of those conversations, friend.

  11. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Again

    EVERYONE knew it wasn’t ready for release to begin with.
    THAT DOESN’T MEAN it never existed.
    Snyder fans aren’t stupid!!! when you bring up how they need funding to finish it all you’re doing is stating the obvious. It’s what everyone wanted to begin with.

  12. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    No, there were definitely people denying that. I was part of those conversations, friend.
    Yeah and you painted the whole movement based on your conversations. So your whole point is anecdotal.

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Again

    EVERYONE knew it wasn’t ready for release to begin with.
    THAT DOESN’T MEAN it never existed.
    Snyder fans aren’t stupid!!! when you bring up how they need funding to finish it all you’re doing is stating the obvious. It’s what everyone wanted to begin with.
    :shrugs: ...

  14. #74
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    511

    Default

    I really want to see the JL being stomped by Superman again

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What Snyder had which fans clamoured for wasn't ready for release, therefore no it didn't exist - Snyder is finally able to create a version which exists. That's why they're doing the above, to complete it. Films are announced in Hollywood in pre-production, that's nothing new.
    YOu can't convince folks who don't want to hear it.

    Some of them think the entire film was made, edited and fully completed.

    Hollywood does not work like that.

    Probably the film was done according to the final draft. Some stuff might have been finalized before it was shown to whoever. Then the next round of edits might be all the stuff he has shown.

    And 20-30 million is being used. Question what other shows or movies are going to get screwed over for this? Because that money has to come from somewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •