Page 52 of 211 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Ray tweeted this at one point

I don’t praise Chris Terrio and @ZackSnyder for simply putting me in Justice League.

I praise them for EMPOWERING me (a black man with no film credits to his name) with a seat at the creative table and input on the framing of the Stones before there was even a script! #BORGLIFE
    and to me, this sounds like Ray was still trying to act like he had some creative control and Whedon just shot him down and said "I don't care what you and Zack had worked out. You're doing what I say now."

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Popular is not the same as good.
    It doesn't automatically mean it's bad, either.

Mixed reaction. On the one hand, even Snyder's Superman is trying to be an inspiration to humanity and nothing inspires like a black suit except maybe a grey one. On the other hand, the suit does look cool, possibly because of the silver off-setting. But a black costume, while not really original anymore, is more in keeping with the atmosphere of the Snyderverse so might as well do it and get it over with.

Regarding not using any of Whedon's cut, I find how people react to be interesting. I remember one critic saying it's easy in the theatrical cut to tell what was Snyder and what was Whedon, that anything dark, morbid and lacking all humanity was Snyder and anything enjoyable or showing any humanity or compassion was Whedon. I find that incredibly warped because I find anything that was basically a trivial joke to have been Whedon and anything that got into depth about humanity to be Snyder. That's not to say Whedon hasn't done works of great substance but JL was not one of them.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

I'm still confused.

The black suit in the new JL is a re-color. Meaning Snyder didn't use it in his original filming.

So why the hubbub about the suit when Snyder himself never used it in the first place

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I believe Ray Fisher that Whedon may have been verbally abusive to him and the other cast/crew members, but tyrannical directors on a power trip who are abusive to their casts/crews goes all the way back to the beginnings of movie making -- and stage plays before that.

And to general bosses in general workplaces also.

If Joss Whedon was just a "mean person" who "hurt people's feelings," then I'm not going to "cancel Whedon." It happens every day in life, and there are plenty of Hollywood stories of actors pulling a power trip on their fellow actors/crew members -- and even on directors and producers.

Hollywood is full of very insecure people who are looking to prove themselves, and that leads to behavior that is often extreme and power-trippy.

If Whedon actually did something illegal, then let's talk.
    Quoted for truth.

So far, Fisher hasn't stated Whedon has done anything particularly abusive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm still confused.

The black suit in the new JL is a re-color. Meaning Snyder didn't use it in his original filming.

So why the hubbub about the suit when Snyder himself never used it in the first place
    I'm guessing that he wanted to use a black suit, was shot down by the execs, and now gets to color it the way he wanted to originally.

As for why it's a big deal - people love fighting over Snyder's DC stuff, what else is new?

I'm still confused.

Despite being called "the Snyder cut" this is more "The cut Snyder would make if he wasn't limited at all by the studios and had a couple of years to come up with new ideas."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Ray tweeted this at one point

and to me, this sounds like Ray was still trying to act like he had some creative control and Whedon just shot him down and said "I don't care what you and Zack had worked out. You're doing what I say now."
    Yeah, the actor isn't entitled to any creative control in the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Despite being called "the Snyder cut" this is more "The cut Snyder would make if he wasn't limited at all by the studios and had a couple of years to come up with new ideas."
    Yeah, that's probably inevitable at this point.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So if the suit never existed why did he lie about it that one time on Vero with this image?

I think the suit did actually exist, and maybe they shot a publicity still of him in the black suit, and then were shut down by the studio.

It IS a good looking suit. I wonder if we'll get a reason for him wearing it other than 'because it looks cool!'

Ultimate Member

Quoted for truth.

So far, Fisher hasn't stated Whedon has done anything particularly abusive so far.
    Where are all the veteran actors and actress to put him in his place?

He done bashed Marvel while "calling" out Wheldon.

He wants to burn bridges and end his career-this is how you do it.

That Cyborg movie is NOT coming. DC's first black lead movie in 17 years will not be a guy missing body parts in the post Miles Morales & Black Panther movie era.

And daring Wheldon to sue? The burden of PROOF is on Ray. Why doesn't he sue for damages? If he was that toxic?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think the suit did actually exist, and maybe they shot a publicity still of him in the black suit, and then were shut down by the studio.

It IS a good looking suit. I wonder if we'll get a reason for him wearing it other than 'because it looks cool!'
    Sometimes that stuff is made in advance before any filming.

This would not be the first time a suit was made and not used in a film. Somewhere in the vault or at his house-Marlon Wayans's Robin costume is around. He says one was made for him.

Also Star Trek Generations-the movie uniforms that never made it into the film beyond a few scenes with Laforge. If you notice especially with Laforge-they are all wearing Deep Space 9 uniforms.
    The movie uniforms can be found on the Generation toys. That were approved before filming started.

I want to say another movie did this too but I can't name it. I want to say it was one of Predator movies.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC's first black lead movie in 17 years will not be a guy missing body parts in the post Miles Morales & Black Panther movie era.
    Uh... what? Is this like a big thing for you or something? Cyborg shouldn't get a movie because he's lost some biological body parts? And what does Miles or BP have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Uh... what? Is this like a big thing for you or something? Cyborg shouldn't get a movie because he's lost some biological body parts? And what does Miles or BP have to do with it?
    Things have been written before about the racial politics of characters like Cyborg and Cloak who can only become superheroes by losing their bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Things have been written before about the racial politics of characters like Cyborg and Cloak who can only become superheroes by losing their bodies
    I mean, there's white characters like that too, RoboCop being the most obvious example. I mean most black superheroes either of us can name have all their parts in tact. Why is there negative racial politics involved if just one popular DC black superhero is like that? There's plenty of people of all races missing parts, and very few superheroes like that. Doesn't that add more representation and give them a hero?

I mean, considering we have Miles, Black Panther, Blade, Black Lightning, Falcon, and surely more POC characters on the way, why shouldn't Vic get some time in the line light?

Just doesn't seem like it's a bad thing by any stretch to give Cyborg a movie. He's hugely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, there's white characters like that too, RoboCop being the most obvious example. I mean most black superheroes either of us can name have all their parts in tact. Why is there negative racial politics involved if just one popular DC black superhero is like that? There's plenty of people of all races missing parts, and very few superheroes like that. Doesn't that add more representation and give them a hero?
    Sure, NOW. Thee are plenty of black superheroes out there right now that aren't skateboarders with electrical powers it doesn't change the fact that Cyborg was part of a trend in superheroes where black superheroes were allowed but their bodies were still criminalized