Page 6 of 211 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YOu can't convince folks who don't want to hear it.

Some of them think the entire film was made, edited and fully completed.

Hollywood does not work like that.

Probably the film was done according to the final draft. Some stuff might have been finalized before it was shown to whoever. Then the next round of edits might be all the stuff he has shown.

And 20-30 million is being used. Question what other shows or movies are going to get screwed over for this? Because that money has to come from somewhere.
    Why does this have to be a negative thing? Why is funding for this at the sacrifice of others? They believed in the project so they are funding it. Is that so hard to believe?

Also, the official movement on their official website almost 3 years ago stated that Snyder shot a whole film and it needs editing, VFX, additional work etc. the ENTIRE premise of the movement is based on this fact. So why do you guys continue to claim that people thought the movie would be released right away? Again I ask, who thought that?? Some random Joe on the Internet? Because you can’t prove the whole movement believed that. The movement was created to get the movie finished and released.
    Last edited by Elmo; 05-21-2020 at 10:29 AM.

I wonder will there be easter eggs to the WB/Legendary Godzilla films.

BANNED

For those that want this, I'm very happy for you.

I am disheartened by the amount of disdain one must have for the DC heroes and good film making to want this (a director's cut that doesn't need to be made of a movie that should never have been made) but by the same token I have to admit that a few of the movies on my top 10 list aren't exactly cinema masterpieces either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YOu can't convince folks who don't want to hear it.

Some of them think the entire film was made, edited and fully completed.

Hollywood does not work like that.

Probably the film was done according to the final draft. Some stuff might have been finalized before it was shown to whoever. Then the next round of edits might be all the stuff he has shown.

And 20-30 million is being used. Question what other shows or movies are going to get screwed over for this? Because that money has to come from somewhere.
    Exactly! Since Snyder's on the movie side I think his division some films are about to lose a few million IMO. Thinking about it, its incredibly irresponsible for Snyder to shoot scenes for this right now. He's putting actors and other staff in danger in the middle of a pandemic, this is why all the CW shows shut down, the sets were too dangerous vectors. Unless its' meant for after the pandemic, but why broadcast the news now rather than afterward?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post

I am disheartened by the amount of disdain one must have for the DC heroes and good film making to want this (a director's cut that doesn't need to be made of a movie that should never have been made) but by the same token I have to admit that a few of the movies on my top 10 list aren't exactly cinema masterpieces either.
    I don't think for a lot of people there's an expectation that it's even going to be a great movie or anything. I think it's more a curiosty thing, especially if we don't have to spend $15-20 bucks to satisfy that curiosity. I wouldn't go see this in the theater. But if it's streaming on a service I or someone I know is paying for anyways, then why not check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post

Don't be disheartened. Those of us who want to see the Snyder Cut LIKED his movies, so we think we did get good filmmaking.

Truth is, in spite of all the talk about how "everyone" hated Man of Steel as the kickoff to the DCEU, it has an audience score of 75% on Rotten Tomatoes. Aquaman has a 74%. So, does "everyone" hate Aquaman? Of course not.

For me, it was obvious that Snyder was going for a Watchmen-like take on the classic DC heroes, and I think the delivered that and I was on board with that. I want to see his vision come to its intended conclusion as much as possible, and I think that's the draw for a lot of Snyder Cut fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Again

EVERYONE knew it wasn’t ready for release to begin with.
    THAT DOESN’T MEAN it never existed.
    Snyder fans aren’t stupid!!! when you bring up how they need funding to finish it all you’re doing is stating the obvious. It’s what everyone wanted to begin with.
    I agree with how you phrased it.

When fans wanted the Richard Donner Cut of Superman II, we knew that there was no full cut of the movie, but there was enough and yes, some extra money had to be put into it to finish certain sequences. Not a lot because they used Lester's footage to cover the gaps, but they had to do some post-production work to get the DVD ready. But no one was complaining that the Donner cut "didn't exist."

Even though I think the theatrical version finished by Richard Lester was actually better than the Donner cut, I'm glad Donner got to make it.

I'm glad that the basic story of Snyder's cut seems to have been completely filmed so we can completely cut out the Joss Whedon stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Why does this have to be a negative thing? Why is funding for this at the sacrifice of others? They believed in the project so they are funding it. Is that so hard to believe?
    Skyvolt's right. Because that's how funding works in Hollywood, it has to come from somewhere and WB hasn't got unlimited money. That happens with every movie. It's not about "believing" anything it's acknowledging something has to give for this project to live.

Also, the official movement on their official website almost 3 years ago stated that Snyder shot a whole film and it needs editing, VFX, additional work etc. the ENTIRE premise of the movement is based on this fact. So why do you guys continue to claim that people thought the movie would be released right away? Again I ask, who thought that?? Some random Joe on the Internet? Because you can’t prove the whole movement believed that. The movement was created to get the movie finished and released.
    You must be one of the lucky people who didn't meet the section of the fanbase, consider it a blessing. Not all fans think like you do, the "movement" is full of them. It's how they went about it that's the problem, it's insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I've already stated that I'll keep an open mind and watch it. I also stated that I believe it will be better than the butchered version we got simply because the plot will be more coherent and there will be more character development.

But there was a reason why WB didn't release this in 2017 despite spending well over $200 million. All reports indicate that the assembly cut Snyder put together for WB executives just prior to leaving the project was a disaster. Further, while being vilified by some fans for the cut he put together, Whedon by all accounts did the best he could with the material he was given and the mandate by the studio to fix Snyder's mess. And what I said about how fans will ultimately react to his cut of Justice League will hold true. Those that loved Man of Steel and Batman V Superman will undoubtedly love his version of Justice League. But to be frank there weren't a lot of those fans in the first place, which is why both those films did poorly critically and underwhelmed commercially.

Now, I liked MoS but acknowledge it had its share of flaws. I had hoped Snyder would have listened to the criticism and made an improved film in BvS. Instead, he doubled down on his vision and released a substantially more flawed film than MoS was (although again, his cut released on video was better than the theatrical version). From the sound of his story for JL, I don't see much change in direction or tone, and in fact it sounds like it's going to be much darker and more brooding than MoS and BvS combined.

So I guess long story short, I'm definitely curious and give major props to the fans who pushed to make this happen. But I just think more mainstream fans (i.e. non-Snyder sycophants) are still going to be disappointed.
    Or WB panicked not because of what they saw of Snyder's cut but because BvS kind of bombed, and then when the guy who made a billion dollar Avengers movie said he wanted to change everything they said sure. So what they saw of Snyder's vision might not have mattered in context of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder will there be easter eggs to the WB/Legendary Godzilla films.
    I wish, but no way will there be.

Can we get a Lord and Miller cut of solo next?

Yay! Now we can all be dissapointed by depression Avengers all over again!
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Skyvolt's right. Because that's how funding works in Hollywood, it has to come from somewhere and WB hasn't got unlimited money. That happens with every movie. It's not about "believing" anything it's acknowledging something has to give for this project to live.

This is not a legitimate criticism. Any project is going to come at the cost of another, but you have no clue what other projects there were, you have no insight into how the people at WB measured this project over others. Also, you are basically saying anything you don't like doesn't deserve to exist as the resources to create it could have been spent elsewhere.

After reading a lot of the anti-Snyder posts, I am genuinely aghast at them. No one is forcing you people to watch this film, but you're treating it as if your country as just been annexed.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Can we get a Lord and Miller cut of solo next?
    No. Lord and Miller never even completed the principal photography on the movie, and there simply isn’t the same level of interest in seeing that cut as there was with the Snyder Cut.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This is not a legitimate criticism. Any project is going to come at the cost of another, but you have no clue what other projects there were, you have no insight into how the people at WB measured this project over others. Also, you are basically saying anything you don't like doesn't deserve to exist as the resources to create it could have been spent elsewhere.
    This was not the contention of being negative from Skyvolt or myself, it was shown as an observation of how movies get funded. The only person who perceived this as a "negative" was the person he was talking to. I don't know why you're singling me out for this comment.

After reading a lot of the anti-Snyder posts, I am genuinely aghast at them. No one is forcing you people to watch this film, but you're treating it as if your country as just been annexed.
    You're right. People are very sensitive with this subject, however, I don't think the posts here have reached that level of bad.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-22-2020 at 04:20 AM.