Page 66 of 211 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Teaser for the Snyder Cut trailer coming this Saturday.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Whedon is indeed abusive, then odds are he's done this sort of thing before. Which means in theory the other 5 JL stars don't necessarily need to publically back him up to at least win over the court of public opinion. The guy has worked on dozens of projects, and it's probably not likely Ray is literally the only person who would be on the receiving end if indeed Whedon does act that way. Which isn't to say people from previous projects is necessarily proof that it happened to Ray... but if even 3-4 people come foreward, then it would seriously hurt Whedons career regardless of how talented he is. We'll see.
    Another problem is we don't know how he's abusive. Physically abuse? Emotionally abusive? We have no examples. If he's doing the same thing Snyder's done in the press on set, Fisher comes off as a hypocrite and this goes nowhere. For nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Teaser for the Snyder Cut trailer coming this Saturday.

The actual trailer got leaked and it’s an embarrassing monument to Snyder’s ego based on the music choice alone. Hopefully they’ll have time to polish up the graphics because Darkseid looks legit bad. All the footage looks like he just turned the contrast slider up and the saturation slider down.

Needless to say, this will be exactly what Snyder fans want.

I liked it. Darkseid could have been better, could have been worse. I didn't like the apparent death of a certain someone shown in the trailer (hint: he lived in the Whedon cut). Steppenwolf...looks like Bayverse Megatron (first movie) somehow knocked up the Destroyer from Thor. Not bad, just...weird I guess. Everything else was pretty neat.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I'm not spoiling myself, I'll wait until the panel. Regardless, I'm sure I'll love it as a Snyder fan. If it doesn't appeal to you or it looks like trash, you don't have to watch it!

Here's the t-shirts on sale for the movie as a thank you from Zack and his team. All proceeds go to American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I bought mine + tacked on a small donation:

https://inktothepeople.com/zsap

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The actual trailer got leaked and it’s an embarrassing monument to Snyder’s ego based on the music choice alone. Hopefully they’ll have time to polish up the graphics because Darkseid looks legit bad. All the footage looks like he just turned the contrast slider up and the saturation slider down.

Needless to say, this will be exactly what Snyder fans want.
    Yeah, the music of the trailer was a bit much. He was definately laying in there thick.

Outside of that I thought it was fine. Darkseid looked OKAY. Stephen Wolf looked OKAY. Didn't hate or love either, but I can live with it.

In a way I'm sort of glad we're getting both versions of the film. I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to enjoy the Synder cut more than the theatrical release (as I'm sure it'll probably be long, dark, and at times slow)... but I'm curious enough to see.

Yeah, the music of the trailer was a bit much. He was definately laying in there thick.

Outside of that I thought it was fine. Darkseid looked OKAY. Stephen Wolf looked OKAY. Didn't hate or love either, but I can live with it.

In a way I'm sort of glad we're getting both versions of the film. I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to enjoy the Synder cut more than the theatrical release (as I'm sure it'll probably be long, dark, and at times slow)... but I'm curious enough to see.
    I have no doubt that the Snyder version will look better and won’t be the jumbled, clearly pieced together in editing mess that the theatrical version was. But will it be a good movie? “Better” doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t simply be a different kind of garbage.

It’s unfortunate that WB feels it needs to appease this fanbase, because it’s keeping them from moving on and making movies that genuinely have mass appeal.

I have no doubt that the Snyder version will look better and won’t be the jumbled, clearly pieced together in editing mess that the theatrical version was. But will it be a good movie? “Better” doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t simply be a different kind of garbage.

It’s unfortunate that WB feels it needs to appease this fanbase, because it’s keeping them from moving on and making movies that genuinely have mass appeal.
    Respectfully, this is completely false (bolded).

WB/DC are doing exactly what they want. Walter Hamada has been pretty free and open to "good" stories. Having Snyder finish his vision for JL after massive fan appeal does not hold anything back. We're going full on DC Multiverse (as confirmed via Ezra Miller, Andy Muschietti AND Walter Hamada via today's panels on DC FanDome).

Zack's JL will be treated as an elseworlds story (per Zack himself). There's plenty of other projects in the pipeline that aren't being held back in anyway by this cut of JL.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

[…]
    I would say: «It's unfortunate that WB must make a profit giving to the audience the products the audience want», because in the end it is only a matter of money: if they can make money with this "Snyder's cut", they have to take the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Respectfully, this is completely false (bolded).

WB/DC are doing exactly what they want. Walter Hamada has been pretty free and open to "good" stories. Having Snyder finish his vision for JL after massive fan appeal does not hold anything back. We're going full on DC Multiverse (as confirmed via Ezra Miller, Andy Muschietti AND Walter Hamada via today's panels on DC FanDome).

Zack's JL will be treated as an elseworlds story (per Zack himself). There's plenty of other projects in the pipeline that aren't being held back in anyway by this cut of JL.
    I actually was curious if this was going to be treated as canon or not IF it is well received.

But if they end up doing Flash Point, I suppose the issue of continuity is moot.

Niffleheim

Wow! that was actually the music they chose? I immediately stopped watching because I thought whoever leaked it was sabotaging it and put in their own music.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Zack Snyder is a child for what he did to Scott Mendelson from Forbes on Twitter. This is exactly why so many people have a problem with him and his fanbase.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Zack Snyder is a child for what he did to Scott Mendelson from Forbes on Twitter. This is exactly why so many people have a problem with him and his fanbase.
    On the one hand, Mendelson was commenting on a leaked trailer.

But on the other, what he said was a criticism but also was very mild. Does he have a history of bashing Snyder on Twitter or something, in which case it might be a little more understandable for Snyder to pretty much call him a child?

Niffleheim

Scott commented on a trailer that hadn't been officially released?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Scott commented on a trailer that hadn't been officially released?
    Correct, it was leaked and he took to Twitter to "critique" the leaked trailer.

But, only Zack's the bad guy here, just remember that key *fact*

/s

Zack's had some pent up frustration, I'm sure, regarding this entire saga. He's also super excited to deliver what he wants and people continue to trash it. He probably just wasn't in the mood to put up with a mouthpiece like Mendelson (who I typically have no problem with, personally) on his "big" day and years of campaigning.

Who knows? And why are we really making a big deal about this? Ah, that's right, there's a section of us out there that is hellbent on making Zack Snyder and all of his fans look as bad as they can and amplifying it to justify opinions on something we don't even have to watch...