Page 67 of 211 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    On the one hand, Mendelson was commenting on a leaked trailer.

But on the other, what he said was a criticism but also was very mild. Does he have a history of bashing Snyder on Twitter or something, in which case it might be a little more understandable for Snyder to pretty much call him a child?
    Who gives a shit. It’s the trailer. Oh gosh, he isn’t participating in the narrative WB is trying to establish the way they want him to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Wow! that was actually the music they chose? I immediately stopped watching because I thought whoever leaked it was sabotaging it and put in their own music.
    I thought Ron Perlman was singing it lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Correct, it was leaked and he took to Twitter to "critique" the leaked trailer.

But, only Zack's the bad guy here, just remember that key *fact*

/s

Zack's had some pent up frustration, I'm sure, regarding this entire saga. He's also super excited to deliver what he wants and people continue to trash it. He probably just wasn't in the mood to put up with a mouthpiece like Mendelson (who I typically have no problem with, personally) on his "big" day and years of campaigning.

Who knows? And why are we really making a big deal about this? Ah, that's right, there's a section of us out there that is hellbent on making Zack Snyder and all of his fans look as bad as they can and amplifying it to justify opinions on something we don't even have to watch...
    https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...46597974077441

You said you enjoyed the theatrical cut of Justice League like you enjoy your Saturday morning cartoons… Well this is made for grownups, so you’re not in the demographic. Also, cool of you to comment on a leaked teaser.
    @ScottMendelson
    When Snyder acts like a child he'll be called out. He's supposed to be a Hollywood professional, it's ridiculous for him to get this out of shape for a benign response to a trailer.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Correct, it was leaked and he took to Twitter to "critique" the leaked trailer.

But, only Zack's the bad guy here, just remember that key *fact*

/s

Zack's had some pent up frustration, I'm sure, regarding this entire saga. He's also super excited to deliver what he wants and people continue to trash it. He probably just wasn't in the mood to put up with a mouthpiece like Mendelson (who I typically have no problem with, personally) on his "big" day and years of campaigning.

Who knows? And why are we really making a big deal about this? Ah, that's right, there's a section of us out there that is hellbent on making Zack Snyder and all of his fans look as bad as they can and amplifying it to justify opinions on something we don't even have to watch...
    I don't need to make Snyder and his base look bad. They do that plenty well themselves. Sure, it leaked. But Snyder loves to dish it out but seems but can't take it himself. The fact Mendelson even commented on a leaked trailer seems to be the least of Snyder's problems. I bet if he praised it he would have nothing to say.

I'm getting tired of this narrative that people can't criticise him because he's on some kind of redemption arc. Maybe he needs to learn some maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't need to make Snyder and his base look bad. They do that plenty well themselves. Sure, it leaked. But Snyder loves to dish it out but seems but can't take it himself. The fact Mendelson even commented on a leaked trailer seems to be the least of Snyder's problems. I bet if he praised it he would have nothing to say.

I'm getting tired of this narrative that people can't criticise him because he's on some kind of redemption arc. Maybe he needs to learn some maturity.
    Snyder talking about a movie being “for grownups” is the cinematic equivalent of “they’re not action figures, they’re adult collectibles!” He’s every teenager ranting about how they’ve put away their childish things, and that is reflected in the fan base he’s cultivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Snyder talking about a movie being “for grownups” is the cinematic equivalent of “they’re not action figures, they’re adult collectibles!” He’s every teenager ranting about how they’ve put away their childish things, and that is reflected in the fan base he’s cultivated.
    OOoohh, is that why his movies aren't any fun? I'm a grownup and I like fun. It's when I was an angsty teen that I shied away from "childish" things and thought everything was dark and gloomy.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Who gives a shit. It’s the trailer. Oh gosh, he isn’t participating in the narrative WB is trying to establish the way they want him to.
    I was trying to play devil's advocate, but...you're not wrong.

The deflections from criticism can get pretty annoying. I understand toxic stuff like snide comments on his family tragedy and the ridiculous White House petitions pre-BvS release to get him removed from the DCEU were inexcusable and just as bad as anything the #SnyderCut people have done.

But taking issue with his artistic choices or tweets like this doesn't have to be off the table, especially in response to a pretty mild critical tweet.

Astonishing Member

Snyder-Cut trailer.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The deflections from criticism can get pretty annoying. I understand toxic stuff like snide comments on his family tragedy and the ridiculous White House petitions pre-BvS release to get him removed from the DCEU were inexcusable and just as bad as anything the #SnyderCut people have done.

But taking issue with his artistic choices or tweets like this doesn't have to be off the table, especially in response to a pretty mild critical tweet.
    I agree. People on either side take things too far. I would never make a comment on Snyder's personal life and happenings unless it's to express condolences. And I am even happy that he's getting this released, just because he's still artist and artists deserve to fulfil their visions.

But Snyder can really come across as pretentious and douchey. I do not believe Snyder can posit that he is somehow making movies "for grownups" when they lack logic and have poor scripts, questionable acting and directing. And Mendelson has a point too. This looks like pretty much the same film, and so many thing Whedon caught hell for were Snyder's ideas too. Snyder himself said the "air bubble" scene was not his idea and it makes no sense, yet that very same shot is in this new trailer. This man lies a lot and somehow people don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    OOoohh, is that why his movies aren't any fun? I'm a grownup and I like fun. It's when I was an angsty teen that I shied away from "childish" things and thought everything was dark and gloomy.
    Yeah, I remember being 17 and thinking Dark Knight Returns was the only way Batman should be and then eventually I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Snyder-Cut trailer.
    I liked it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Same here.

At this age, I like fun things to take my mind off real life stuff like raising a family, paying bills, health issues etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Snyder-Cut trailer.
    I'm thinking that Darseid is gonna get a few tweaks before release but that's worth the price of admission. Hoping Cyborg gets a good arc in this.

Ultimate Member

I agree. People on either side take things too far. I would never make a comment on Snyder's personal life and happenings unless it's to express condolences. And I am even happy that he's getting this released, just because he's still artist and artists deserve to fulfil their visions.

But Snyder can really come across as pretentious and douchey. I do not believe Snyder can posit that he is somehow making movies "for grownups" when they lack logic and have poor scripts, questionable acting and directing. And Mendelson has a point too. This looks like pretty much the same film, and so many thing Whedon caught hell for were Snyder's ideas too. Snyder himself said the "air bubble" scene was not his idea and it makes no sense, yet that very same shot is in this new trailer. This man lies a lot and somehow people don't see it.
    I actually thought that it looks a lot like the theatrical cut just more serious and “edgy”. It seems to be following the same plot beats. Whedon has gotten a lot of grief for stuff that we now know weren’t even his ideas. Anyways, I’m curious to see how this version plays out.

The choice of music in that trailer was absolute garbage though and that Darkseid looks stupid.

BANNED

Darkseid looks like a cave troll, there I said it.

His look is bad and Snyder should feel bad.

Give me the Jack Kirby monk-hood, sleeveless blue tunic, and a face and skin that looks like carved and jagged rock, any day.