Page 72 of 211 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That’s what Warners wanted to do, but AT&T forced their hand in order boost subscriber numbers for HBO Max. If this was solely Warners call; they wouldn’t even bother bringing back Snyder for anything DC movie related ever again.
    As much as I may want this to be true, what is the source on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It's both down to public opinion, to judge but the former is harder to judge because we don't have actual direct first person impression made on us unlike in the latter case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HcK9hQlOYSI

To me the video looks staged, absolutely the guy at the end gives it the appearance of realness but it may be a reaction of someone who is second guessing a staged event.He may know it was for show but at the last moment is doubting it's a good idea. It does not scream to me as a real threatening or dangerous situation, especially from the 'victim's' reaction.Maybe that's just me but then again if someone is convinced it's real I guess it's their take.
    If its staged he woulda came out and said it. The reason it looks staged is because Ezra isn't the least bit threatening. Watching that video a guy woulda tossed him to the side with ease. Watching how he runs in JL im guessing he's just not a very psychical person. But you dont remain quite and let shit fester if you didn't do anything wrong. Mean while a guy who made racists mean jokes 8years ago got fired on the spot. They have alot more invested in Ezra its that simple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That’s what Warners wanted to do, but AT&T forced their hand in order boost subscriber numbers for HBO Max. If this was solely Warners call; they wouldn’t even bother bringing back Snyder for anything DC movie related ever again.
    While it's a pure business decision by AtnT it is the right one because the very calculus is based on fan fervour and direct fan appeals for this to happen. With goodwill garnering interest and subscriptions it was a no brainer. Which in and of itself goes to show how absurd WB really got.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    As much as I may want this to be true, what is the source on this?
    I go off what Variety reported initially a month after Justice League flopped. that “Warners executives were alarmed by the dark tone of Zack’s JL, and Time Warner is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continue to bring the director back, especially after “Batman v Superman” was excoriated by critics even though it made money.”

Time Warners didn’t want the Snyder Cut, and didn’t want to work with Snyder on DC comics movies again. AT&T, after they completed its purchase of Time Warner wanted it and recognized there was great interest in it and saw the potential to boost subscriptions for HBO Max.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-25-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    While it's a pure business decision by AtnT it is the right one because the very calculus is based on fan fervour and direct fan appeals for this to happen. With goodwill garnering interest and subscriptions it was a no brainer. Which in and of itself goes to show how absurd WB really got.
    No-one knows if it was the right yet. Snyder's still finishing his movie as we speak, we'll know once its released and we get the critics, audience and financial reaction. All we know right now is that AT&T were convinced to green light this project. This isn't about calculous it's about results.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

If there were a movie poster it should read:
    From the director of Dawn of the Dead and Man of Steel. Keeping quiet about the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I feel as if the Whedon issue is a beaten dead horse but it has come alive again. some of the strong defence for Whedon has more to do with the fact that he is associated with Marvel than people really wanting to accept the otherwise probability.

Whedon does now have a pattern of this type of rumoured behaviour. his ex wife has complained about him and some cast members of Buffy, now Ray Fisher,All this are random people who have no link to the other. If we judge on that, he is likely more guilty of what Fisher said than the opposite. I think many don't want to consider he may be guilty only because they loved his Avengers movies.
    Keyword in your comment is "rumoured". And his Ex-Wife and one castmember (Carpenter) never accused him of being abusive. Let us not forget the facts.
    And your last sentence is funny, because you consider him guilty because you hate the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Keyword in your comment is "rumoured". And his Ex-Wife and one castmember (Carpenter) never accused him of being abusive. Let us not forget the facts.
    And your last sentence is funny, because you consider him guilty because you hate the MCU.
    Totally and the people who thought maybe Koby Bryant was not completely 100% innocent in the rape charge case where all Kobe haters and Lebron James fans.

The fan worship driven ideology is part of the problem.

Ultimate Member

Totally and the people who thought maybe Koby Bryant was not completely 100% innocent in the rape charge case where all Kobe haters and Lebron James fans.

You're comparing a rape case to something that isn't even criminal.

Make this make sense.

Actually, his ex-wife did accuse him of being abusive. Specifically, of gaslighting her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually, his ex-wife did accuse him of being abusive. Specifically, of gaslighting her.
    What Whedon did was terrible but Fisher's going to need more than something like that for it to stick. And Whedon's wife actually explained what he was doing, she didn't just end it with being "abusive" which could mean anything. She made a whole essay about it. Fisher's not doing anything of the sort to back up his statements.

BANNED

If you do not see the difference between the two, you should perhaps stop seeing all of this through your hate-on with the MCU and stop making comparisons that are not really that.
    Perhaps try being little less biased for a time. Would make your comments a lot more relevant.

And the hate driven ideology of certain people is another part of the problem.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 08-26-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You're comparing a rape case to something that isn't even criminal.

Make this make sense.
    Thats not gonna happen. None of that has anything to do with vague accusation of abuse without any explanation of what abuse even means to fisher. Meanwhile Ezra miller chokes someone on camera and it just goes away. I dont want him fired for it or anything but the same people attacking Wheedon, don't seem interested in Ezra choking a girl at all. If Fisher comes forward with what Wheedon did and WBs investigation confirms its something that is actually abuse. Then screw Wheedon, but screw the guy who physically abused a women on camera aswell.

Though the whole Kobe thing is funny. There was beyond a reasonable doubt but some people are convinced hes guilty no matter what the evidence was. Doubt that has anything to do with LeBron fans though or fan loyalty. I suspect the fact hes black and it was a white girl has way more to do with it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-26-2020 at 05:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thats not gonna happen. None of that has anything to do with vague accusation of abuse without any explanation of what abuse even means to fisher. Meanwhile Ezra miller chokes someone on camera and it just goes away. I dont want him fired for it or anything but the same people attacking Wheedon, don't seem interested in Ezra choking a girl at all. If Fisher comes forward with what Wheedon did and WBs investigation confirms its something that is actually abuse. Then screw Wheedon, but screw the guy who physically abused a women on camera aswell.

Though the whole Kobe thing is funny. There was beyond a reasonable doubt but some people are convinced hes guilty no matter what the evidence was. Doubt that has anything to do with LeBron fans though or fan loyalty. I suspect the fact hes black and it was a white girl has way more to do with it.
    Nobody knows what happened with Kobe and the lady and I had no idea she was white. Part of the problem is the star struck fans and their superstar hero they put on this perfect pedestal. Some Avengers movie fans here are calling others haters for considering the possibility Whedon could be guilty. In 2020, if you want to bring up the race stereotypes subject then by that logic Whedon is guilty without any court of law.

The race subject would not make moral thinking people think Kobe is guilty and the lady is innocent. historic past events ,fiction or not has always shown, a black man is likely to be innocent in a rape charge case of a white woman. Have you ever seen to kill a mocking bird or heard of Emmett Till? but Kobe did offer a public apology and paid the lady and that does not say I am 100% innocent. we don't know truly went went on, that part of his great life is a mixed legacy and that is how I accept it.

James Master from Buffy has spoken about Joss whedon spitefully harassing him. shoving him into a wall. James is not part of the MCU because not everything is about the MCU. MCU fans.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-26-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    No-one knows if it was the right yet. Snyder's still finishing his movie as we speak, we'll know once its released and we get the critics, audience and financial reaction. All we know right now is that AT&T were convinced to green light this project. This isn't about calculous it's about results.
    I gotta disagree with the critics reaction counting in this case. This whole thing is basically a middle finger to the critics.