Page 74 of 211 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I’m not sure if the below information has already been shared, or not. I’m not about to start scrolling through pages of unending and (IMO, petty) arguments.

The trailer song “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen was rumored to have been played at his daughter’s funeral. Beyond that, Zack himself advised the song is “deeply personal” to him and his family.

As for the content of the trailer, it was for the fans. Most of the scenes in the trailer were from his snapshots he posted to fans on Vero over the past year. It was purely meant to showcase some of the things he said would be in his cut.
    He should've saved that song a different film.

With JL it was totally out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I’m not sure if the below information has already been shared, or not. I’m not about to start scrolling through pages of unending and (IMO, petty) arguments.

The trailer song “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen was rumored to have been played at his daughter’s funeral. Beyond that, Zack himself advised the song is “deeply personal” to him and his family.

As for the content of the trailer, it was for the fans. Most of the scenes in the trailer were from his snapshots he posted to fans on Vero over the past year. It was purely meant to showcase some of the things he said would be in his cut.
    I think it was obvious that the song choice was him making the trailer more about him than choosing a song which actually fits the trailer. And that's his right I guess.

Hopefully he'll do a better job down the line.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    FWIW, here's Zack's favorite superhero:

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-f...ttan-revealed/

which would explain how he directs his Superman.
    That's pretty on brand, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    He should've saved that song a different film.

With JL it was totally out of place.
    IDK, knowing the meaning behind it for him I think he's well in his right to use it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    FWIW, here's Zack's favorite superhero:

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-f...ttan-revealed/

which would explain how he directs his Superman.
    Can do anything he wants, acts like he's better than everyone else, and walks around showing everyone his wiener.

Yup, that sounds about right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How will it be weekly???It's a film.
    They will probably make DVDs for a compiled cut in one take for those interested.If it is edited just right it won't matter if you watch it serialised or in one take

I finally saw the trailer for the SNyder Cut and I'm still not convinced it will make me feel any different than the Whedon cut. I'm still not understanding Snyder's obsession with making the Justice League into the Watchmen. I mean really....really that song in the trailer. The only thing it made me think about was the Watchmen movie. They are not the same. Anyway it's whatever, can't change it. Zack Snyder and co have control so.....whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I finally saw the trailer for the SNyder Cut and I'm still not convinced it will make me feel any different than the Whedon cut. I'm still not understanding Snyder's obsession with making the Justice League into the Watchmen. I mean really....really that song in the trailer. The only thing it made me think about was the Watchmen movie. They are not the same. Anyway it's whatever, can't change it. Zack Snyder and co have control so.....whatever.
    In a way you don't have to worry about changing anything, because the Snyder Cut is really just a side thing. The theatrical version, at least for now, is still the official version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I finally saw the trailer for the SNyder Cut and I'm still not convinced it will make me feel any different than the Whedon cut. . I mean really....really that song in the trailer. The only thing it made me think about was the Watchmen movie. They are not the same. Anyway it's whatever, can't change it. Zack Snyder and co have control so.....whatever.
    Ignoring the soundtrack. The trailer introduces a lot of plot points that Whedon movies never had.
    I'm still not understanding Snyder's obsession with making the Justice League into the Watchmen

Whedon tried to turn JL into Avengers. JL is somewhere between X-Men and Watchmen.

If you have watched many Justice League movies. Flash Point or Justice League Dark. Snyder is on the right track. It additionally depends on the story he wants to tackle. Snyder prefers the gritter DC, he should be judge on that.

Did everyone catch Martian Manhunter? I remember reading about the initial scene so looks like its back in.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Whedon tried to turn JL into Avengers. JL is somewhere between X-Men and Watchmen.
    Do you mean they are like the X-Men/Watchmen in general or just for this version?

Because if you mean the former, they are nowhere close to either of those things. They've always been the closest equivalent team to the Avengers at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Do you mean they are like the X-Men/Watchmen in general or just for this version?

Because if you mean the former, they are nowhere close to either of those things. They've always been the closest equivalent team to the Avengers at DC.
    Recall the old JL cartoon, generally considered to be a good adaptation, really had nothing in common with Watchmen. Make of that what you will.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Recall the old JL cartoon, generally considered to be a good adaptation, really had nothing in common with Watchmen. Make of that what you will.
    I mean tone.

The old cartoon adapted many JL stories that makes Snyder's experience as the watchmen director a better fit than Whedon's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

JL has the conception of Avengers but their stories are gritter that puts it between Xmen and Watchmen.

I mean tone.

The old cartoon adapted many JL stories that makes Snyder's experience as the watchmen director a better fit than Whedon's Avengers.

JL has the conception of Avengers but their stories are gritter that puts it between Xmen and Watchmen.
    Eh... whether or not the Justice League is grittier than the Avengers or not is pretty debatable. Honestly I'm not sure I'd describe either team as gritty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... whether or not the Justice League is grittier than the Avengers or not is pretty debatable. Honestly I'm not sure I'd describe either team as gritty.
    Comic Avengers could be gritty like Justice League.The movies can't because of Disney's censorship.

Flash Point was gritty.

Astonishing Member

Comic Avengers could be gritty like Justice League.The movies can't because of Disney's censorship.

Flash Point was gritty.
    Both the Avengers and Justice League go through periods of being super serious, and funny and everything in between. These are various periods of the Justice league.

Why anyone would want the first appearance in film of the League to be gritty. Just because they can do something doesn't mean they should.
    Those are more what the Justice League is known for than grittiness.