Page 78 of 211 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3155

In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he’d had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film’s writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters.
    The more I hear about this the more he sounds like a little child.

I think it's pretty telling that no other cast member from Justice League has come out to support Ray Fisher.

It would not surprise me that Joss Whedon did have some kind of attitude when he took over Justice League -- he had directed two billion dollar Avengers movies, and even if Snyder had to leave JL because of family issues (or was forced out depending on who you believe), the fact that Warners hired Whedon in particular was probably a sign that they were looking for Whedon to salvage the project. Whedon, failed, but at the time, I'm sure it was seen as a coup inside Warners. So, yeah, Whedon may have been full of himself at the time.

So, let's say Whedon was a difficult director -- lots of Hollywood directors are difficult. Lots of Hollywood actors are difficult. Whedon might say that about Fisher.

As far as Johns and Berg enabling Whedon -- as producers, it really is their job to support the director that they hired. A movie is a director's project, not an actor's -- unless you're an A-lister like Tom Cruise, or now Ryan Reynolds. So, if Fisher went to Johns to complain about Whedon's not being accepting of Fisher's script revision requests, I don't think it's crazy for Johns to support Whedon and to tell Fisher something like, "It's not good for an actor's career to be seen as being difficult for directors to work with." I wasn't there in the room, but I'd be surprised if Johns said anything more "threatening" than that.

I think that's good career advice for a young actor to hear. Let's face it, Fisher's only movie credits are his Cyborg appearances. Other than that, he's been on TV and theater. All told, he doesn't really have a ton of credits, so he doesn't have a ton of weight to throw around.

Obviously, if we get more facts, things can change, but for now, I think he really misjudged what he could get away with here, and I'd be surprised if another film director wants to work with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    .Whedon, failed, but at the time, I'm sure it was seen as a coup inside Warners.
    I strongly suspect it is still seen as a coup inside Warner's, and rightly so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    LMAO Ray Fisher is refusing to meet with the third party investigator he requested. He’s probably just mad his part got cut down and they ignored his “script revisions”

https://news.avclub.com/warner-bros-...ray-1844962515
    LOL...Ray Fisher sounds like he doesn't understand the game here. According to the story, Hamada even tried to explain the process to him.

Fisher sounds really upset that his role was cut down and Whedon trashed the original scenes that were filmed of the movie. Again, this isnt unusual.

A new director coming in and trashing what was made before isn't new at all. When "Mr Nice Guy" Ron Howard came onto Solo, his re-shoots cut out Michael K.Williams character entirely. Difference here is Mr Williams was "experienced" enough to understand that's the way it works. On the other hand, Tony Gilroy said all manner of crap about Rogue One and Gareth Edwards work on it when he took over the project. George P. Cosmastos did the same on Tombstone and it literally required Kurt Russell's diplomacy to see the project through.

The whole situation here is further complicated by the fact that Fisher now refuses to cooperate with the investigator. And his story about what happened doesn't line up with events because Mr Hamada wasn't the CEO of Warners at the time. I don't doubt that Whedon and Johns might have had words with Fisher but with no one else to corroborate what happened, it's all looking like the Cyborg actor is mad he got a reduced role in the movie.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-05-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Ray has responded to WB's claims

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOL...Ray Fisher sounds like he doesn't understand the game here. According to the story, Hamada even tried to explain the process to him.

Fisher sounds really upset that his role was cut down and Whedon trashed the original scenes that were filmed of the movie. Again, this isnt unusual.

A new director coming in and trashing what was made before isn't new at all. When "Mr Nice Guy" Ron Howard came onto Solo, his re-shoots cut out Michael K.Williams character entirely. Difference here is Mr Williams was "experienced" enough to understand that's the way it works. On the other hand, Tony Gilroy said all manner of crap about Rogue One and Gareth Edwards work on it when he took over the project. George P. Cosmastos did the same on Tombstone and it literally required Kurt Russell's diplomacy to see the project through.

The whole situation here is further complicated by the fact that Fisher now refuses to cooperate with the investigator. And his story about what happened doesn't line up with events because Mr Hamada wasn't the CEO of Warners at the time. I don't doubt that Whedon and Johns might have had words with Fisher but with no one else to corroborate what happened, it's all looking like the Cyborg actor is mad he got a reduced role in the movie.
    I can top that-Usher and one of Quincy Jones's daughters had their footage in The Faulty cut BIG TIME (some of it was still in the trailers). Neither one of them threw a fit.

Eli Goree got a huge RAW deal in CW's The 100s. They wrote him out of the series despite the book giving him a huge role. He should have throw a fit. Didn't.

John Boyega-whatever he does is justified same with Kelly Tran.

Michael K Williams didn't throw a fit because he knew he would get work later and he did.

WHOEVER is advising Ray needs to stop. Or he'll be running to Tyler Perry for work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Dig that hole, Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can top that-Usher and one of Quincy Jones's daughters had their footage in The Faulty cut BIG TIME (some of it was still in the trailers). Neither one of them threw a fit.

Eli Goree got a huge RAW deal in CW's The 100s. They wrote him out of the series despite the book giving him a huge role. He should have throw a fit. Didn't.

Michael K Williams didn't throw a fit because he knew he would get work later and he did.

WHOEVER is advising Ray needs to stop. Or he'll be running to Tyler Perry for work.
    I don't have a dog in this race, but I'm laughing at that Tyler Perry crack because it is SO TRUE

So now no matter what results the investigator finds Ray's gonna say WBs payed him off and is trying to silence him.

John Boyega I support except for the fact he's contradicting himself. He slamming Disney for pushing all the POC character to the side but keeps defending JJ Abrams at every turn. Disney execs ain't writing those scripts or directing those films. So either they just didn't know what to with these characters after Rians film kinda threw a wrench in everything or JJ Abrams is as much to blame as anyone. So unless he's willing to put down JJ abrams for the treatment of his character i can't really get behind it. And id like JJ I'm not caling for a mob. And in this specific instance I don't think it was racism. I think it was bad planning and JJ didn't know how to finish the story after TLJ. So he just focused on the two legacy characters and made everyone else background noise. But I really like Boyega his speech after the flloyd murder was pretty dope.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-05-2020 at 02:14 PM.

It seems like the drama with this movie's production will never end...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They oughta create a Behind the Scenes documantary on the making of Justice League. Squeeze out a third movie out of this.

Ultimate Member

I laughed out loud at that Tyler Perry part. Say what you want about the quality of his films but the man is really helping a lot of “forgotten” black actors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It’s AT&T’s fault for bringing out the entire thing. They needed content for the “streaming wars” so they went back to this. No doubt it’s created buzz but it’s also come with a lot of controversy that could end up in legal wrangling.

Most studios tend to move away from situations like these i.e troubled productions with massive reshoots that bombed.

You can tell from his intense loyalty to Snyder that Snyder probably plucked him out of obscurity and made him feel like a star. Once Snyder was fired, Fisher realized that he wasn’t a star and had this weird tantrum that has been continuing to this day. Aside from a secondary role in the third season of True Detective, he hasn’t worked since Justice League. For whatever reason, no one has touched him - he doesn’t even have any “upcoming” or “in pre-production” roles in his IMDB. He probably thinks his career has been sabotaged, but it’s more likely that word got around that this nobody had “script revisions” and threw a fit when they were ignored. No wonder he’s so big on Snyder, he probably thinks he’s the only director who will give him a role.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm guessing he isn't aware that Warner Bro's Pictures is a subsidiary of Warner Media so whether the heads of Warner Pictures brought in the investigator or Warner Media brought him in it all amounts to the same. He really comes off as a guy who doesn't have a good grasp of what he's doing.