Page 80 of 211 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3155

So... his abuse is gloating that they hired a different actor for the same role on another production?

And he didn't even do it to hisi face, he did it through "back channels" (whatever that means?)

And this is After he'd already proven himself difficult to work with?

What part of that is supposed to make Fisher sound sympathetic?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It seems almost like a breakdown to me

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It seems almost like a breakdown to me
    Maybe. I also think he expected Justice League to be a big break and with its troubled production along with its bombing at the box office, it prevented that from happening. So this may be a way for him to draw attention to the cut of a movie that presumably will feature him substantially more as well as distance himself from what happened in the theatrical cut by blaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Maybe. I also think he expected Justice League to be a big break and with its troubled production along with its bombing at the box office, it prevented that from happening. So this may be a way for him to draw attention to the cut of a movie that presumably will feature him substantially more as well as distance himself from what happened in the theatrical cut by blaming others.
    That's the thing... the Snyder Cut can STILL be his big break in theory. But I don't know if the attention he's generating now is really helping him. I guess time will tell.

Astonishing Member

The video provided more detail but it didn't explain why he was holding his big guns back, that he claims to have. There is no reason Fisher shouldn't be pushing people backing him up and the details of what happened in the media. Something he should have done weeks ago if its true. It makes no sense to go as hard as he's been doing and hide that support and evidence. What's worrying is that he's openly flaunting not obeying gag orders if this ever gets to court. Of course how this is going I'm skeptical it'll get that far because he's done nothing harming anyone to warrant that approach. Maybe he wants WB or Whedon, Berg and co. to sue him first? It's so confusing, I want to believe what he's saying is true but I just don't.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

How are people in support of the Snyder Cut supposed to feel about this though? If one of the most important actors of that film has major issues with WB as a corporation, isn't supporting the Snyder Cut (which has been monetised via HBO Max) going against those principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The video provided more detail but it didn't explain why he was holding his big guns back, that he claims to have. There is no reason Fisher shouldn't be pushing people backing him up and the details of what happened in the media. Something he should have done weeks ago if its true. It makes no sense to go as hard as he's been doing and hide that support and evidence. What's worrying is that he's openly flaunting not obeying gag orders if this ever gets to court. Of course how this is going I'm skeptical it'll get that far because he's done nothing harming anyone to warrant that approach. Maybe he wants WB or Whedon, Berg and co. to sue him first? It's so confusing, I want to believe what he's saying is true but I just don't.
    I don't get the desire to believe, especially at the point. If someone makes wild claims, has nothing even approaching concrete details and isn't corroborated by a single soul from the rest of the production then there is zero credibility and we shouldn't be supporting the spread of that kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How are people in support of the Snyder Cut supposed to feel about this though? If one of the most important actors of that film has major issues with WB as a corporation, isn't supporting the Snyder Cut (which has been monetised via HBO Max) going against those principles.
    He's pretty much overshadowed the hype of the Snydercut and hijacked the narrative so it's about him than the movie. Not sure if that was his goal or not but if it was... mission accomplished.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I don't get the desire to believe, especially at the point. If someone makes wild claims, has nothing even approaching concrete details and isn't corroborated by a single soul from the rest of the production then there is zero credibility and we shouldn't be supporting the spread of that kind of behavior.
    My biggest issue is that he keeps using the word "abuse" yet so far the only incident he has directly specified is that he apparently argued unsuccessfully against his character saying "booyah" when they reshot under Whedon. I also think it's strange that initially he had these abuse claims against Whedon and then suddenly they all shifted towards Geoff Johns.

For me there's a substantial difference between an unpleasant work experience and actual abuse/harassment in the workplace. I need something way more concrete from Fisher, especially since (as you pointed out) no one else is substantiating his claims.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    My biggest issue is that he keeps using the word "abuse" yet so far the only incident he has directly specified is that he apparently argued unsuccessfully against his character saying "booyah" when they reshot under Whedon. I also think it's strange that initially he had these abuse claims against Whedon and then suddenly they all shifted towards Geoff Johns.

For me there's a substantial difference between an unpleasant work experience and actual abuse/harassment in the workplace. I need something way more concrete from Fisher, especially since (as you pointed out) no one else is substantiating his claims.
    Supposedly Johns threatened Fisher's career when he was having difficult working with Whedon on-set, but he hasn't really expanded on what exactly has been said.

As I've said above, I generally believe Fisher in that Whedon may have been difficult to work with and that Geoff Johns said stuff to him.

However, I simply don't think any of that is actionable on Fisher's part. If Whedon rejected Fisher's ideas, tough noogies. Whedon is the director of the film. As Judge Judy would say, "He's the boss, applesauce." It's Whedon's vision that Warners wanted to replace Snyder's, not Fisher's vision. Actors are hired hands unless they are A-listers, and nobody in the cast besides Ben Affleck had A-list pull -- not even Henry Cavill, whose solo movie kickstarted the DCEU in the first place.

Quite frankly, even Affleck played along with Whedon's take including cracking a joke and a smile or two, and I'm sure that's not the Batman Affleck signed up for, which may be why Affleck left the role after JL.

So, yes, I believe Fisher in that Whedon, Johns, and Berg may have done or said things that got Fisher's nose out of joint, but that doesn't mean it's actionable abuse or harassment in the workplace.

It seems to me if Fisher had more hardcore stories to tell, he would have led with those. It wouldn't be the first time an actor has tried to use the court of public opinion to get support on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    As I've said above, I generally believe Fisher in that Whedon may have been difficult to work with and that Geoff Johns said stuff to him.

However, I simply don't think any of that is actionable on Fisher's part. If Whedon rejected Fisher's ideas, tough noogies. Whedon is the director of the film. As Judge Judy would say, "He's the boss, applesauce." It's Whedon's vision that Warners wanted to replace Snyder's, not Fisher's vision. Actors are hired hands unless they are A-listers, and nobody in the cast besides Ben Affleck had A-list pull -- not even Henry Cavill, whose solo movie kickstarted the DCEU in the first place.

Quite frankly, even Affleck played along with Whedon's take including cracking a joke and a smile or two, and I'm sure that's not the Batman Affleck signed up for, which may be why Affleck left the role after JL.

So, yes, I believe Fisher in that Whedon, Johns, and Berg may have done or said things that got Fisher's nose out of joint, but that doesn't mean it's actionable abuse or harassment in the workplace.

It seems to me if Fisher had more hardcore stories to tell, he would have led with those. It wouldn't be the first time an actor has tried to use the court of public opinion to get support on their side.
    It's certainly not the first time, but I think it's the first time it's been done so poorly and so transparently.

It's certainly not the first time, but I think it's the first time it's been done so poorly and so transparently.
    Perhaps the idea was to generate some sort of synergy with the Black Lives Matter movement or something... but I don't know how well it's working.

More than anything I think he's sort of hijacking the buzz out of the Snyder Cut. But that's only how it looks here... maybe on other parts of social media people are more supportive, I don't know.

Jason Momoa has come out in support of Ray Fisher (without going into any specifics).

Astonishing Member

It's about Fisher's saying is true, otherwise he's making it harder for real victims with abuse. I don't believe him with how he's acted during this since we have no evidence and even his support from others, like Momoa, is vague.