Page 81 of 211 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jason Momoa has come out in support of Ray Fisher (without going into any specifics).
    That's potentially pretty huge, in that I don't think they can necessarily punish Momoa since he's got a potentially billion dollar movie lined up. If he's backing Rays accusations that Whedon was abusive (as opposed to say him just giving his support because he's a friend or whatever), then it definately gives Ray some much needed substance.

Hopefully Jason is willing to speak to investigators about any of Whedons alleged abuses, assuming of course he has anything to say.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's potentially pretty huge, in that I don't think they can necessarily punish Momoa since he's got a potentially billion dollar movie lined up. If he's backing Rays accusations that Whedon was abusive (as opposed to say him just giving his support because he's a friend or whatever), then it definately gives Ray some much needed substance.

Hopefully Jason is willing to speak to investigators about any of Whedons alleged abuses, assuming of course he has anything to say.
    I think the question is exactly what part of Fisher's claims Momoa is supporting, but it seems evident that there were tensions on the set of Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the question is exactly what part of Fisher's claims Momoa is supporting, but it seems evident that there were tensions on the set of Justice League.
    OK, there were tensions on the set. A lot of people would say, "So what?" There's lots of sets with tension. Also, maybe Joss Whedon felt Ray Fisher was the one causing tension.

I believe Fisher had unpleasant experiences with Whedon, Berg, and Johns, but I really think Fisher is overplaying his hand, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    OK, there were tensions on the set. A lot of people would say, "So what?" There's lots of sets with tension. Also, maybe Joss Whedon felt Ray Fisher was the one causing tension.

I believe Fisher had unpleasant experiences with Whedon, Berg, and Johns, but I really think Fisher is overplaying his hand, here.
    For his sake he had better have a hand to play. It's getting to the point where it's career suicide if he can't back up what he's claiming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For his sake he had better have a hand to play. It's getting to the point where it's career suicide if he can't back up what he's claiming.
    Momoa's "support" says it all. I think Whedon may have been a jerk on set but that's probably as far as it went. Momoa knows how the industry works, he won't risk anything unless he has the right cards to play. The rest of the cast may even agree, and they've said less.

Maybe we should just let whatever investigation is going to happen happen? I mean, it's not like we have much new info to go over on what really happened.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Momoa's "support" says it all. I think Whedon may have been a jerk on set but that's probably as far as it went. Momoa knows how the industry works, he won't risk anything unless he has the right cards to play. The rest of the cast may even agree, and they've said less.
    Whoa why is Mamoa's support in quotes, are you insinuating that his support is hollow? Well now that I know Momoa is on Ray's side it becomes difficult to say all Ray's claims are hot air ,for one Momoa has put himself out as seconding the claim because he may very well be called to make statements as a legal witness ( if it comes to that) secondly he is the face of a billion dollar film ,so he has WAAY more to lose than Ray to just speak 'off the cuff' again this leans more to Ray's claims having some substance than being fanciful

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Whoa why is Mamoa's support in quotes, are you insinuating that his support is hollow? Well now that I know Momoa is on Ray's side it becomes difficult to say all Ray's claims are hot air ,for one Momoa has put himself out as seconding the claim because he may very well be called to make statements as a legal witness ( if it comes to that) secondly he is the face of a billion dollar film ,so he has WAAY more to lose than Ray to just speak 'off the cuff' again this leans more to Ray's claims having some substance than being fanciful
    There's some sort of bias against Momoa in general and I'm not exactly sure why or where that comes from. Remember he was the only one out of the cast who said the Snyder cut even existed and no one took him seriously for some reason. Once the Snyder cut was announced no one said "Whoa Momoa was right," just...acted like it didn't happen.

Astonishing Member

Did you see what Momoa did to support Fisher? He didn't confirm anything. He's not seconding anything, all he's doing is saying he supports his friend. Momoa has nothing to lose by what just did, he burns no bridges.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Did you see what Momoa did to support Fisher? He didn't confirm anything. He's not seconding anything, all he's doing is saying he supports his friend. Momoa has nothing to lose by what just did, he burns no bridges.
    He didn't confirm anything because it's neither his place nor his case to confirm anything.Granted maybe he does not have details pertaining to Fisher(if some of the actions were in an office out of sight of fellow cast members) but as a fellow cast member it is possible he knows that some things said and done were inappropriate.Perhaps Ray came forward first ,others like Momoa who are still working WB projects just kept mum. Well I wouldn't claim Momoa has nothing to lose, he is a lead in WB picture and if this ends up involving lawsuits, I don't see how WB will keep working with him all the while he sides with an actor causing them bad PR at the very least and financial hurt. I am not saying I know what will happen but Momoa has definitely made himself open to reprimand by WB if the claims of Ray Fisher create legal trouble for WB

Why is this so hyped? It's just that same Justice league movie but additional scenes right?
    GrindrStone(D)

The thing is, Momoa's "I stand with Ray" statement is vague enough to be interpreted multiple ways. Maybe it means he is fully onboard with all the cryptic accusations Fisher has flung, but push come to shove Jason could say he was just trying to support a friend/colleague (and Fisher's right to express himself) while not necessarily agree that Whedon, Johns, etc were toxic and abusive. Certainly seems a bit hard to believe that Momoa would have a huge problem with Johns given how much of an influence Johns had on the Aquaman movie which has been Momoa's most successful project to date (aside from GoT S1, debatably).

As usual we are left with nothing specific to work with, basically we've got Ray not liking having to say Booyah, upset that his barber didn't get a film credit, upset on behalf of Gadot about flash falling on WW's boobs, and upset that his script revisions were not accommodated. And the biggest of all, that Cyborg's role was cut back. And again while Fisher has every right to be upset about these things none of them seem to merit calling Whedon and others toxic or abusive.

Astonishing Member

He didn't confirm anything because it's neither his place nor his case to confirm anything.Granted maybe he does not have details pertaining to Fisher(if some of the actions were in an office out of sight of fellow cast members) but as a fellow cast member it is possible he knows that some things said and done were inappropriate.Perhaps Ray came forward first ,others like Momoa who are still working WB projects just kept mum. Well I wouldn't claim Momoa has nothing to lose, he is a lead in WB picture and if this ends up involving lawsuits, I don't see how WB will keep working with him all the while he sides with an actor causing them bad PR at the very least and financial hurt. I am not saying I know what will happen but Momoa has definitely made himself open to reprimand by WB if the claims of Ray Fisher create legal trouble for WB
    Of course he's in a position to confirm bad things happening to Fisher, this is a valid tactic employed with Me, Too and calling out abuse within industries. In fact, Fisher has openly said he's clouting on people doing this in his latest to get a victory here. The problem is - Momoa's not doing that and Fisher's staying quiet about the abuse as if that helps him when it's doing the opposite. Fisher's credibility goes up by being transparent about the abuse. If he dint know any details why is he even saying this? That makes things even more complicated and doesn't help Fisher.

The problem is we're getting mixed signals on what the bad things happened where, and Fisher's claiming abuse, people making uncomfortable is just wasting everybody's time.

Fisher's contradicting himself. He claims that abuse happened, and is going all in against WB yet we don't know his story and everything he's said or rumored about is small potatoes in Hollywood. Being jerks or unprofessional on a movie set or making people uncomfortable warning Fisher he's unintentionally imploding his career is not going to harm WB. Compare what he's doing to Peter Shinkoda - Shinkoda is very transparent, told his story publicly and I think his claims were supposed openly by collaborators. None of this applies to wha Fisher or Momoa.

Momoa might get an earful from a producer but his career is not in danger from the comment. He's not in the same position as Fisher by any stretch. We don't even know the sprites about what he agues with Fisher about. Is he doing it because Fisher is his friend? That he agreed it was abuse? That he supported the idea Whedon and co. were unprofessional? All of the above? I honestly couldn't tell you, and I think that ws intentional. Momoa's not saying anything other than vague lending support to Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why is this so hyped? It's just that same Justice league movie but additional scenes right?
    The entire plot is different.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The entire plot is different.
    It looks like the same general plot. Just put through a Snyder filter instead of a Whedon one.