Page 92 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3155

Green Lantern is being added back?

Are we talking about Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Not everyone though. Man of Steel is usually listed as one of the best DC films and one of the most talked about comic movie of the last 10 years.
    Got to break it to you, but I've found that it's one of the most forgotten DC movies out there (and when it does come up, its due to the negative points). The Incredible Hulk of the DCUE, if you will.

Also took a gander at several "rank the DC movies" listicles online, and I found that it to be relatively consistent that Man of Steel's best placings were in the lower middle of the lists, with the kindest praise being comments about its wasted potential. It did usually rank better then Snyder's other DCEU installments and Suicide Squad and Joker, to be fair. On the other hand, the likes of Nolan's Batman movies, the first couple Christopher Reeve Superman films, The Lego Batman Movie, Mask of the Phantasm, and Wonder Woman consistently outdid Man of Steel. Even saw Teen Titans Go! to the Movies get better listings when represented.

Anecdotal though it may be, it seems like the DC movie that fits your description best is Wonder Woman. Make of that what you will.

The people who crapped on it are the people that wanted DC to be a twin of Marvel. They made the loudest news about it but at the end, they have had the less impact on the matter.
    You mean the same people who liked Logan, Birds of Prey, and Deadpool, some of the most un-MCU-like movies ever made? Or maybe it's just some people just recognized that the DECUE started off with some turkeys before they got on track?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Green Lantern is being added back?

Are we talking about Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern?
    Deadpool killed him, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hal being in a Snyder movie is the ultimate "be careful what you wish for" for those of us who wanted him in live action again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How many folks let alone other tv shows and movies known or unknown are getting screwed for that $70 million?

How many new subscribers will you need to get to make up for that? Over a million?

That is too much money for a streaming project.
    HBO spent $15 million per episode for the final season of Game of Thrones, which was 6 episodes. Season 6 reportedly cost $100 million altogether. Season 1 of Westworld also reportedly cost $100 million, and they spent $25 million on the pilot.

So dropping $70 million to finish a 4 episode mini series that has this much buzz behind it seems pretty reasonable.

Astonishing Member

Not everyone though. Man of Steel is usually listed as one of the best DC films and one of the most talked about comic movie of the last 10 years.

The people who crapped on it are the people that wanted DC to be a twin of Marvel. They made the loudest news about it but at the end, they have had the less impact on the matter.
    We won, this is reflected in the movies while Snyder is reduced to a non-canon mini-series on HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Got to break it to you, but I've found that it's one of the most forgotten DC movies out there (and when it does come up, its due to the negative points). The Incredible Hulk of the DCUE, if you will.

Also took a gander at several "rank the DC movies" listicles online, and I found that it to be relatively consistent that Man of Steel's best placings were in the lower middle of the lists, with the kindest praise being comments about its wasted potential. It did usually rank better then Snyder's other DCEU installments and Suicide Squad and Joker, to be fair. On the other hand, the likes of Nolan's Batman movies, the first couple Christopher Reeve Superman films, The Lego Batman Movie, Mask of the Phantasm, and Wonder Woman consistently outdid Man of Steel. Even saw Teen Titans Go! to the Movies get better listings when represented.

Anecdotal though it may be, it seems like the DC movie that fits your description best is Wonder Woman. Make of that what you will.

You mean the same people who liked Logan, Birds of Prey, and Deadpool, some of the most un-MCU-like movies ever made? Or maybe it's just some people just recognized that the DECUE started off with some turkeys before they got on track?

Deadpool killed him, though.
    I think the biggest flaw in M o S is not the movie itself. If it was a solo movie, it could be accepted as a rather strange way to present Superman, flawed but having good points. But it cannot just be forgotten because it's the foundation of an entire shared universe. Most of the characters in that universe are rather bright and optimistic including Superman. But not in M o S. First impressions can be the most important. M o S sets the tone for what people expected the DCEU to be. B v S reinforced that tone even more. WW reinforced it but with a better story and better characterization. Aquaman, if you'll pardon the pun, had to fight against the tide of that expected tone. Shazam almost made me believe in miracles. It was a fun movie and yet I cared about the characters more than I did in M o S or B v S because they had hearts and felt like people rather than abstract points to be made.

But I digress, M o S certainly had good points but was horrible as the foundation of this kind of shared universe. NOT because it wasn't Marvel. It could have been done in a different way than Marvel without being grey and almost joyless.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 09-25-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We won, this is reflected in the movies while Snyder is reduced to a non-canon mini-series on HBO Max.

For people who won, you guys sure spend an awful lot of time complaining.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Winning has nothing to do with it, of course people who agree with me are going to speak up when Snyder does something like the Snyder Cut or when his prior DCEU movies are mentioned. We're DCU fans. Things will really heat up when we have more material to talk about when the Snyder Cut is released. This is the calm before the storm, just like every DCEU production Snyder touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think the biggest flaw in M o S is not the movie itself. If it was a solo movie, it could be accepted as a rather strange way to present Superman, flawed but having good points. But it cannot just be forgotten because it's the foundation of an entire shared universe. Most of the characters in that universe are rather bright and optimistic including Superman. But not in M o S. First impressions can be the most important. M o S sets the tone for what people expected the DCEU to be. B v S reinforced that tone even more. WW reinforced it but with a better story and better characterization. Aquaman, if you'll pardon the pun, had to fight against the tide of that expected tone. Shazam almost made me believe in miracles. It was a fun movie and yet I cared about the characters more than I did in M o S or B v S because they had hearts and felt like people rather than abstract points to be made.

But I digress, M o S certainly had good points but was horrible as the foundation of this kind of shared universe. NOT because it wasn't Marvel. It could have been done in a different way than Marvel without being grey and almost joyless.
    Hmm.

I actually thought that Wonder Woman was a 180 from the tone that all the previous DCUE movies had taken cues from (e.g. Snyder's "serious" storytelling), but that's just me.

It's internet fandom; stuff get over-hashed like that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Winning has nothing to do with it, of course people who agree with me are going to speak up when Snyder does something like the Snyder Cut or when his prior DCEU movies are mentioned. We're DCU fans. Things will really heat up when we have more material to talk about when the Snyder Cut is released. This is the calm before the storm, just like every DCEU production Snyder touches.
    What's there to get heated up about? The Snyder Cut has no effect on future DC movies and it's been clear for a long time that Snyder's take will not be replicated in any films he isn't directing. You've gotten what you wanted.

This is no different than the entitled whining from the Star Wars fandom or the decades long demonising of Joel Schumacher over Batman and Robin. I've seen supervillains with less petty grudges. You clearly aren't going to like anything about the Smyder Cut so what do you gain from constantly talking about it?

Hmm.

I actually thought that Wonder Woman was a 180 from the tone that all the previous DCUE movies had taken cues from (e.g. Snyder's "serious" storytelling), but that's just me.

No kidding.

Astonishing Member

What's there to get heated up about? The Snyder Cut has no effect on future DC movies and it's been clear for a long time that Snyder's take will not be replicated in any films he isn't directing. You've gotten what you wanted.
    Are you joking? Once MOS and B vs S were released the internet went wild with it, and they've both been third rails within comic/movie circles ever since, with critics and audiences alike. That's not going to stop because Snyder didn't release it in a movie theatre. This isn't about what effect the Snyder Cut has, that's a separate subject to what we've discussing - it's people having an opinion that don't like how Snyder directs their favourite characters. So what? We're fans, we're allowed to speak our opinions we shouldn't be silenced because we disagree on things a movie/mini-series does creatively.

This is no different than the entitled whining from the Star Wars fandom or the decades long demonising of Joel Schumacher over Batman and Robin. I've seen supervillains with less petty grudges. You clearly aren't going to like anything about the Smyder Cut so what do you gain from constantly talking about it?
    It's not like Snyder fans haven't disparaged the non-Snyder DCEU films or the MCU for not sharing Snyder's aesthetic. And I really dislike conflating anyone who doesn't like what Snyder's doing with the DCEU with those examples, that's deflection of how badly the many Snyder fans have acted over the years. I don't gain anything, all I'm doing is saying my opinion - I'm not obligated to be quiet about Snyder. If Snyder wanted that he wouldn't be working on multi million dollar films owned by Warner Bros. And I have liked things Snyder's done in the DCEU, what's irritating is that they're the exception not the rule with his creative choices. People are allowed to have differing opinions on movies, and Snyder would love this drama since it's free advertising for his movies. Look at how he's reacted to people who don't see eye to eye with his movies.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/za...on-1202053359/

“Oh like, ‘Batman killed a guy’. I’m like, ‘Really? Wake the f*** up,'” Snyder said. “So I guess that’s what I’m saying about, once you’ve lost your virginity to this f***ing movie and then you come and say to me something like, ‘My superhero wouldn’t do that’, I’m like, ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the f***ing road on that. You know what I mean?”

“It’s a cool point,” Snyder continued. “Look, I’m 100% fine with it. It’s a cool point of view to be like, ‘My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn’t lie to America. My heroes didn’t embezzle money. My heroes didn’t commit any atrocities.’ I’m like, ‘That’s cool but you’re living in a f***ing dreamworld.'”
    I've yet to see a Snyder fan castigate Snyder for saying things like this.

It's gotten so bad there are conspiracy theories about Disney paying off critics for the MCU's ratings, despite the fact Rotten Tomatoes is partially owned by WB.

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/batm...id-conspiracy/

But that hasn’t stopped some Batman, Superman, and DC Comics fans from claiming that Disney and Marvel are paying film critics to post bad reviews to ruin Batman v Superman’s success.

The idea of film critics being paid for reviews by movie studios was floated earlier this year by screenwriter Max Landis (Chronicle, Victor Frankenstein), who has received some negative film reviews during his career. He later retracted it once critics denied it and asked him for names. Even Roger Ebert has debunked the idea that critics are paid for reviews in a 1994 review.
    Something which hasn't died off completely, every so often it's spoken about or implied.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-26-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Hmm.

Yea nothing about WW felt like the Snyder movies. I guess the grey color palette of WW1 Europe kinda matches. But it had humor, Color, and was just fun. It offset the more serious stuff with the war. It had a good balance.

I've honestly never had a problem seeing Batman kill on screen, because my first introduction to the character was Batman 89. In that and Batman Returns, and even the Schumacher films to a lesser degree, Batman is a horrible superhero and borderline psychotic. In the first movie, he WATCHES a family get mugged in an alley, waits for the two crooks to be alone on a rooftop, and then beats the crap out of them as a PUBLICITY STUNT for other criminals. In Batman Returns, he stuffs a bomb down a guy's pants and tosses him into the sewer to blow up.

Hell, even by the end of the Nolan movies, Batman was killing thugs left, right and center. Unless you think all of the thugs in the Tumblers survived being shot at or hit with missiles.

So seeing Snyder's Batman killing thugs never bothered me. Even though I know now it's against his code in the comics.

I see people are still saying that Zach Snyder didn't want films like Wonder Woman made...like seriously, this makes no sense. Zach Snyder probably isn't upset that Aquaman and Wonder Woman were made, in fact he helped make them.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut