Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    They did? I thought it was fans like me who were complaining about the films and Snyder's direction? lol

But that does put me in the mind to suggest this to the Snyder folks out there: HBO Max is very likely doing this to capitalize on your passion in the hopes that you'll keep their service. That may seem cynical, but it could also be an opportunity. If enough of the fans like it and they see a vocal subscriber base who say they're there because of Snyder/DCEU, HBO Max might green light some more smaller content in that same universe.

It's not in my interest to give you all that advice, lol, but in the interest of fairness (and curiosity to see where this goes) I'm freely giving it, anyway.
    I also figure with the pandemic and restrictions on filming new material, but also looking for new content for consumers, the easiest way to come out with a new movie or miniseries is something like this, telling a new-ish story out of existing material.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder what role COVID and the resultant stoppage on nearly every production worldwide had to do with it? Having a largely made movie with a built-in fanbase that can be assembled with a relative minimum of new shooting to stream on your flagship channel? Sounds like that might be attractive, even with a property that was frankly a theatrical disappointment. $20 million is little enough to WB to maybe drive a surge in subscriptions. Probably a shrewd move on WB's part.

Allegedly, they approached Zack Snyder back in October about this, so while I also would have assumed that COVID played a role, it appears that it actually didn't, if that's true.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Allegedly, they approached Zack Snyder back in October about this, so while I also would have assumed that COVID played a role, it appears that it actually didn't, if that's true.
    Huh, well, regardless, it turns out to be a good move. Hard to get new content for streaming for a mere $20 million these days. And with all that free publicity. Good from a business standpoint, wring every last dollar you can from it.

Astonishing Member

As someone who LOVED MOS and BvS (though I admit the latter had some flaws), I was thoroughly disappointed by Justice League. It felt like a vanilla Avengers-lite version of the movie Snyder would have given us, and neither did the lighter take that Whedon wanted to communicate fully stand on its own two feet.

So the Snyder Cut is great news for me, without a doubt!

That said, I've never understood why there is so much opposition to the idea of the Snyder Cut. There are articles, including on CBR, which are totally opposed to the idea, claiming that WB has capitulated to a 'toxic fanbase'. The way I see it, the pro-Snyder Cut crowd can watch the movie and the anti-crowd can choose not to watch it. Why is the mere existence of this cut such an anathema to so many people?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    As someone who LOVED MOS and BvS (though I admit the latter had some flaws), I was thoroughly disappointed by Justice League. It felt like a vanilla Avengers-lite version of the movie Snyder would have given us, and neither did the lighter take that Whedon wanted to communicate fully stand on its own two feet.

That said, I've never understood why there is so much opposition to the idea of the Snyder Cut. There are articles, including on CBR, which are totally opposed to the idea, claiming that WB has capitulated to a 'toxic fanbase'. The way I see it, the pro-Snyder Cut crowd can watch the movie and the anti-crowd can choose not to watch it. Why is the mere existence of this cut such an anathema to so many people?
    Don't pay much heed to it. There were media outlets against sonic redesign, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Huh, well, regardless, it turns out to be a good move. Hard to get new content for streaming for a mere $20 million these days. And with all that free publicity. Good from a business standpoint, wring every last dollar you can from it.
    That is certainly interesting! But yeah - couldn't haven been better timed, that's for sure!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Yeah - I don't understand the problem at this point, either. It's not like this is going to lead to a resurgence of the DCEU, so I don't see the harm in it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member

I am not happy about this; I was holding out for the Snyder cut of Cats, and the er....other...cut of Justice League.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah - I don't understand the problem at this point, either. It's not like this is going to lead to a resurgence of the DCEU, so I don't see the harm in it.
    Exactly. I hated the Snyderverse, from MoS on, but I don't see any harm in this. It's a dead franchise now, and yes, he killed it, while Whedon merely put the cherry on top of the grave, so why not get whatever you can out of the remains? If it makes some people happy, well, great! I don't have to watch it, and it's existence doesn't hurt me at all.

And it's not getting rebooted; Snyder will likely never direct another DC movie, and I don't see anyone being influence either by giant flying space sex toys or Martha. Or weird, movie changing lines that came out of nowhere and changed the villains from nuanced types where you could sort of sympathize with them to boilerplate, mustache twirlers who give terrible monologue...er, yeah, still have issues with MoSnap as you can see, ignore all that.

WB made a savvy move doing this IMO.

I don't understand it. I liked JL with flaws and all. Thus, i wasn't interested to see the Snyder cut as i have mentioned in this thread previously. But why is there a problem if people want to see it?

I have no idea why this is an instance of 'toxic fandom'? There is a recent instance when the words 'toxic fandom' were used. I can understand how some outlets called The Last Jedi haters toxic fans. You have people complaining about the Admiral Holdo character. Because she is an authority figure, some fans complained that Disney has some 'social justice' agenda. You have people hating the Rose character. There were racist comments against the actress. She quit social media because she felt harassed. Such toxic people are in a minority. But being loud, media and others got a chance to label all people who didn't like the film as toxic.

But Snyder cut of Justice League? How is this even toxic? For Star Wars i atleast get that why they call it toxic. Bat39 you are wlelcome to post something which explains why they are calling this 'toxic'. I am kinda curious. But i am lazy to to look it up. Its really pointless. Its not like he is going to make a Justice League sequel. I don't think this could be because of Zack Snyder haters. They hate his films due to being dark and edgy. Not because they are toxic or harmful in some way.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 05-23-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't understand it. I liked JL with flaws and all. Thus, i wasn't interested to see the Snyder cut as i have mentioned in this thread previously. But why is there a problem if people want to see it?

I have no idea why this is an instance of 'toxic fandom'? There is a recent instance when the words 'toxic fandom' were used. I can understand how some outlets called The Last Jedi haters toxic fans. You have people complaining about the Admiral Holdo character. Because she is an authority figure, some fans complained that Disney has some 'social justice' agenda. You have people hating the Rose character. There were racist comments against the actress. She quit social media because she felt harassed. Such toxic people are in a minority. But being loud, media and others got a chance to label all people who didn't like the film as toxic.

But Snyder cut of Justice League? How is this even toxic? For Star Wars i atleast get that why they call it toxic. Bat39 you are wlelcome to post something which explains why they are calling this 'toxic'. I am kinda curious. But i am lazy to to look it up. Its really pointless. Its not like he is going to make a Justice League sequel. I don't think this could be because of Zack Snyder haters. They hate his films due to being dark and edgy. Not because they are toxic or harmful in some way.
    This, I don’t have a dog in this race. But from my experience with the Snyder cut movement, they maybe seem annoying but mostly harmless. There’s always some bad eggs in there, but I haven’t heard anything on the same ball park of how Star Wars fans bully actors like the ones who played Jar Jar, Anakin and Rose.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Okay, i found this video. It's really condescending or making fun of the opposite side while trying to answer faqs.So,Be warned. I would like to here the opinion of people here On the last part about the killing zod bit. It specifically targets the slippery slope argument of batman. It also asks why shouldn't superman face ethical and moral dilemmas?.No arguments, just a different perspective.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-23-2020 at 10:42 AM.

They did? I thought it was fans like me who were complaining about the films and Snyder's direction? lol
    There was a lot of both. What I noticed most was the trolling on Twitter. Any Superman-related topic would be flooded with snydercut hashtags, and it got really really annoying. They defended it as being passionate but it was trolling when you're doing it in inapplicable topics like Superman comics, cartoons, etc, stuff that had nothing to do with feature film. But obviously that wasn't everyone who liked the films and wanted to see the cut.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

I will make it a point not to watch it, whenever it comes out!! Not into Snyder dark vision of superman!! Or his dark universe!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 05-24-2020 at 07:13 AM.