Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
IIRC, Pym was cleared because it wasn't actually him, but a Skrull? How convenient. Nothing happened to Tony or Reed as far as I know. But no one cares, because it was Bill Foster...and Bill Lives Don't Matter, right? At least I think that's the message that Marvel is conveying. I mean if it's the one thing that we've learned in both Civil War I and Civil War II, if you are a derivative Black Marvel character, you're as good as dead when these civil war events are launched. Place your bets now on who gets killed off when they hatch Civil War III. My money is on Blue Marvel...because they only see him as a black Superman clone.

RIP Bill Foster. RIP War Machine. RIP Supreme Power Nighthawk; different event, but dead nonetheless.
SP Nighthawk would still count, since Secret Empire was in great part the result of the fallout from Civil War II, the superhero community's chickens coming home to roost, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I remember Riri showing up on Tony's side during the big fight for some reason and proceeding to do nothing in the actual battle but fly around...and then all the young heroes start singing her praises after said battle.

Bendis really did not do a great job introducing her.

Why is black Superheroes getting horrifically injured/killed such a staple of Civil War stories?
Because they might be generally seen as the "more expendable" characters, whether by the creatives/editorial involved, or even by some segments of the fandom/readership. Come to think of it, Tom Foster was rightfully pissed off about how the Avengers just went on after getting back together in the aftermath of Dark Reign and Siege as if Tony Stark wasn't (partly) responsible for his Uncle Bill's death by way of creating Ragnarok/Clone Thor in the first place, and he got treated like the bad guy for it.