Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    A friend of mine brought up a good point about the Wonderangs. Why did Gail introduce them when Diana has already has her razor-sharp tiara that always comes back to her when thrown?
    Because she needed a lot of throwing devices to mimic Batman/Oracle's "way"

BANNED

A friend of mine brought up a good point about the Wonderangs. Why did Gail introduce them when Diana has already has her razor-sharp tiara that always comes back to her when thrown?
    Tiara is for special ocasions and wonderangs she can throw a bunch in one time

Wonderrangs? Seriously? Given that is Batman's trademark weapon and it gets to be silly at times because it is his answer to so many things, and she has access to so much more fitting to her mythology, and her own tiara, I can only ask...why? That's just kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    4. WW being dismissive of the thugs, but still calling in the Amazons actually makes sense to me ... It's a numbers and containment game. Sure these thugs can't do much to harm Diana, but there are a lot of them and they are spread throughout Gotham. Gotta round them up and no matter how fast she is, the Amazons will make this easier.
    That's true. But at the same time, the story fails to make us really feel that Gotham is dominated by the villains' thugs. I think we only see 2. When she says "thugs", I actually think she is referring to the villains.

And I just noticed her breastplate on the cover is really a bat, not just looking like a bat.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 08-13-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    She's Wonder Woman. She only needs one 'rang.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    That makes no sense. This is just cheesy and silly that WW has to do what the Batfamily do.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    She's Wonder Woman. She only needs one 'rang.
    Tiara. There should be no "rang". lol. Imagine WW going into battle and leaving her iconic tools for "special occasions"...but packing WW rangs. It's hilarious.

I await Superrangs and Aquarangs when next Supes and Arthur go to Gotham. Case they need to throw many things at once.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-13-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Question : Did WW one shoot every Batman villian is that comic ? You know with her wonderrangs.

BANNED

I really hope we get a Wonder Woman/Catwoman showdown in Part 2. Those two characters rarely interact, and it's criminal.

So nice and refreshing to see Barbara as Oracle again!

Now, this issue hasn't turned me into a Wonder Woman fan, but I am interested in this book. The price, length, continuity-free and anthology format is very appealing to me as someone who's curious about Wonder Woman but not necessarily a fan. I'd rather pick up a short, 99-cent digital Wonder Woman story a couple of times a month than dive into the New 52 Wonder Woman (especially when her relationship with Clark is a huge turn-off for this Lois Lane fan).

BTW, is there a creator schedule for this series yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Tiara. There should be no "rang". lol.
    (Boome)rang (tiara), I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I really hope we get a Wonder Woman/Catwoman showdown in Part 2. Those two characters rarely interact, and it's criminal.

So nice and refreshing to see Barbara as Oracle again!

Now, this issue hasn't turned me into a Wonder Woman fan, but I am interested in this book. The price, length, continuity-free and anthology format is very appealing to me as someone who's curious about Wonder Woman but not necessarily a fan. I'd rather pick up a short, 99-cent digital Wonder Woman story a couple of times a month than dive into the New 52 Wonder Woman (especially when her relationship with Clark is a huge turn-off for this Lois Lane fan).

BTW, is there a creator schedule for this series yet?
    Well, yeah, I'm still interested on the book, especially because the other stories aren't going to be just "pre-Flashpoint" pandering, but innovative and interesting versions.

DC published this list:
    CHAPTER #3: AMANDA DEIBERT AND CAT STAGGS (8/27)
    CHAPTER #4: JASON BISCHOFF AND DAVID WILLIAMS (9/3)
    CHAPTERS #5 & #6: IVAN COHEN AND MARCUS TO (9/10 & 9/17)

And we know there'll be Sean E. Williams/Marguerite Sauvage and Gilbert Hernandez as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    That's true. But at the same time, the story fails to make us really feel that Gotham is dominated by the villains' thugs. I think we only see 2. When she says "thugs", I actually think she is referring to the villains.

And I just noticed her breastplate on the cover is really a bat, not just looking like a bat.
    Good catch! It does in fact have two little pointy ears on the cover instead of one eagles head!

BANNED

It seems like there's a concerted effort to make my user name an anachronism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Good catch! It does in fact have two little pointy ears on the cover instead of one eagles head!
    I saw it too. That doesn't bode well for the first issue of Sensation Comics. It's like they don't have faith in Wonder Woman, so they have to rely on Batman to drum up sales.

Ugh, this, Tiara doesn't get enough love ={

Anyway, the story was ok, it was fun, the inner monologues were a bit distracting but whatevs, what does it mean by the "Gotham Solution"?

IDK why she called the Amazons too, she seems to have everything under control lol, but whatevs~ Amazons <3
    Last edited by Step; 08-13-2014 at 12:34 PM.