View Poll Results: What Would You Prefer The Cut Be Released As?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 Hour Movie

11 50.00%
  • Television Mini-Series.

11 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Zack Snyder’s Justice League: 4 Hour Movie Or A Mini-Series?

What’s your preference for how the Snyder Cut of Justice League is released? According to the Hollywood Reporter Snyder is considering releasing it either as a television mini-series or a 4 hour movie. Which do you prefer?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-21-2020 at 02:36 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

I would prefer a whole movie format,but since that's not for everyone I'm sure it's better they break it down into three 80minute episodes,so that it feels like a trilogy within a trilogy.At the very least four 60 minute episodes.I think if they take it to six 40 minute episodes it would need to change each episode to have a sort of suspenseful ending,which may change the experience if one is watching the 4 hour movie in its entirety.

I think that movies are not always the best approach to super-hero material in the first place, but they do get the highest budgets and widest releases - until now, apparently. Given that it's already hitting streaming rather than theatres, I'd rather see it as a miniseries.

That said, I'll gladly leave it all in the hands of, you know, the guy who's name is on the movie. I'm sure whatever choice Zack Snyder makes, assuming he's given that level of choice, (as he should - his name's on it, like I said!) will be the right one.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think a movie. It was designed to tell the story that way, and I don't mind long films, especially if I'm at home and can take a bathroom/snack break.

That said if the TV format allows us to get more content and it feels episodic enough, I wouldn't mind.

Considering most of the material has already been shot, it just depends on what they have and what makes the most sense for the story. I don't think it really matters to me if it's just about rejiggering essentially the same material. I'm for whatever makes for the best viewing experience of the story.

BANNED

I'd prefer a movie but whichever works for me. Looking forward to this.

Batman v Superman ultimate edition was a lot better than the theatrical version. So who knows, maybe this'll turn out good.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A big factor in WB doing this is for HBO Max to get more subscribers, so I think they'll untimately do it as a mini series to make sure people stay subscribed for more than a week.

4 hour movie is not acceptable in my mind.

Either 2 hour two part movie.

Or broken into 3 parts.

Astonishing Member

I'm actually astonished this is happening at all. No preference on the format, since I've got a lot of free time I'm just going to slam down the whole thing anyway. That being said ... TV is the future and mini-series are strong formats. Film is a beautiful thing but when you're talking about translating 80 Year story canon characters into media with actors and performers and stuff, movies just can't do it justice unless they're isolated little affairs.

It's such a weird feeling. I don't really know or care what I want out of it but I want it to go one way or the other. I don't want the Snyder cut to just be workmanlike and middling like the theater release. I want it to either be a dumpster fire or a masterpiece.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

If the Irishman can do it so can Justice League

Spectacular Member

I'd much prefer he cut it down to three hours, which is still a hell of a long film. If I had to choose I'd go with movie because movies are how this trilogy started and that's how it should end.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    4 hour movie is not acceptable in my mind.

Either 2 hour two part movie.

Or broken into 3 parts.
    Two 2-hour films sounds good to me, as long as it feels natural to stop and start the movies around the halfway point. And from what I understand, was the original plan? Unless the sequel was something else entirely, can't remember.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Mini series. You can supercut it for the die hards, but making it into a film which takes most adults' entire night is going to ensure it has zero impulse watch appeal. It will only garner the attention of people who were going to watch it anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing nice to say about Snyder's films, but I objectively believe that that's too long. As an kid, three hours was fine for a movie. Even four.

At 30, anything over two hours has to be earned. Big ensemble movies like these get some extra leeway, but four hours? Come on, man.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Mini series. You can supercut it for the die hards, but making it into a film which takes most adults' entire night is going to ensure it has zero impulse watch appeal. It will only garner the attention of people who were going to watch it anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing nice to say about Snyder's films, but I objectively believe that that's too long. As an kid, three hours was fine for a movie. Even four.

At 30, anything over two hours has to be earned. Big ensemble movies like these get some extra leeway, but four hours? Come on, man.
    as far as i know, both Man of steel and bvs were supposed to have longer run time in an unadulterated version. That's just how snyder roles i guess.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

As long as it doesn't feel padded, whichever format gets Snyder the budget to finish the VFX, which I would guess is gonna be the main stumbling block.