Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Outlawed one-shot was entirely about the Champions (hence why I said Champions #1 was a #1 in name only - Outlawed #1 is basically Champions #0), so it's completely intertwined, there's no separating it. We already saw a preview of issue 1, it's been finished for months. Remember what happened to Justice League Odyssey when the first two completed issues were scrapped because it didn't fit with what the main JL book was doing? Odyssey wound up losing it's creative team after the first arc, and the book ended up retooled. That's what Champions would need to do to divorce from Outlawed. Can't see them going that route, scrapping full issues for rewrites. They're trying to save money right now, not spend more.
    Reworking could also mean taking the Outlawed plots and just wrapping them up in the first arc of Champions, contain what was once an event within the pages of one book, and then moving on from there. And like i said, depends on what is in the book and how much can be changed with simple dialogue alterations VS needing new art. But even if they need to redraw some pages, it may be worth it if the alternative is straight up throwing the whole book in the trash. I do realize that retooling it would probably require dramatic changes, but I don't think that possibility is off the table, especially if they delay it to give the team the time to do that, and give Marvel time to recoup some of their losses from being closed down. But I still stand behind my core point thwt we can't be saying anything is definitely happening because everything is weird right now, options that were once off the table (like moving books to digital) are now on the table, and that makes it very hard to predict what will happen. Off the wall unexpected moves may be exactly what is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Outlawed has been...outlawed.
    When Outlawed is outlawed only outlaws will have Outlawed.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Reworking could also mean taking the Outlawed plots and just wrapping them up in the first arc of Champions, contain what was once an event within the pages of one book, and then moving on from there. And like i said, depends on what is in the book and how much can be changed with simple dialogue alterations VS needing new art. But even if they need to redraw some pages, it may be worth it if the alternative is straight up throwing the whole book in the trash. I do realize that retooling it would probably require dramatic changes, but I don't think that possibility is off the table, especially if they delay it to give the team the time to do that, and give Marvel time to recoup some of their losses from being closed down. But I still stand behind my core point thwt we can't be saying anything is definitely happening because everything is weird right now, options that were once off the table (like moving books to digital) are now on the table, and that makes it very hard to predict what will happen. Off the wall unexpected moves may be exactly what is necessary.
    Well, all the minis are ending at six issues, I wonder if Ewing was planning to possibly have to end it at six issues if the sales weren't there...

Power Pack and New Warriors are both actually five issues, not six. The other books known to be tying in were Ghost-Spider #8-10 (8 and 9 weren't solicited as such but both mentioned it), 2020 Ironheart #1-2 (which is also an Iron Man 2020 tie-in, hence the 2020 in the name), Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14 to at least #18, and Miles Morales #17 to at least #21.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, all the minis are ending at six issues, I wonder if Ewing was planning to possibly have to end it at six issues if the sales weren't there...
    Avengers of the Wasteland is ending with #5. They had already solicited the TPB

Ultimate Member

According to Marvel's digital store

New Warriors comes out 9/2/2020 as does Black Panther 25.

It looks like all the missing books are coming out that day.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Power Pack and New Warriors are both actually five issues, not six. The other books known to be tying in were Ghost-Spider #8-10 (8 and 9 weren't solicited as such but both mentioned it), 2020 Ironheart #1-2 (which is also an Iron Man 2020 tie-in, hence the 2020 in the name), Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14 to at least #18, and Miles Morales #17 to at least #21.
    Miles Morales lists 17-19 as Outlawed crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Are these coming out as digital comics or as print?

Ultimate Member

Ms Marvel has 14-15.

I think Black Panther, Runaways, Miles and Ms Marvel are digital only as 3 issues are listed as coming out for Runaways and 2 for Ms marvel. On the same day.

New Warriors only list the first issue and it's 2 variants.

So unless they are doing that many printed issues all at once to catch up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Are these coming out as digital comics or as print?
    Good question.

Warriors only list the first issue and variants.

Everyone else on that date is listing 2-3 issues coming out that day.

Good question.

Warriors only list the first issue and variants.

Everyone else on that date is listing 2-3 issues coming out that day.
    Do you have the link?

EDIT: Never mind; I found it. It looks like these books will be going digital only for the time being.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 05-25-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't think we can trust those dates from the digital store; they seem to be automatically changed. At one point the missing books were all listed as coming out in mid-July, but then when Marvel announced their full July line-up, the books' dates were moved to August. Now that the the August line-up was announced, they moved them to September. It seems like they just keep being moved up whenever an announcement is made and they're not there.

If some of those books are coming out digitally, I don't think Marvel will wait until September. My bet is that we're getting a couple of weeks of digital-only books next month, just like we got this month. They just haven't updated any dates yet because they don't have an organized system like solicitations for digital releases.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-25-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Agreed. We'll definitely get the following issues of this month's eight books, which should conclude them all. But I would expect two more weeks of digital books to be announced alongside them - some of the missing non-resolicited books.

Ms Marvel has 14-15.
    That's because later issues aren't yet solicited. The tie-ins should be at least as long as Champions, considering those two are members of the team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-26-2020 at 02:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think we can trust those dates from the digital store; they seem to be automatically changed. At one point the missing books were all listed as coming out in mid-July, but then when Marvel announced their full July line-up, the books' dates were moved to August. Now that the the August line-up was announced, they moved them to September. It seems like they just keep being moved up whenever an announcement is made and they're not there.

If some of those books are coming out digitally, I don't think Marvel will wait until September. My bet is that we're getting a couple of weeks of digital-only books next month, just like we got this month. They just haven't updated any dates yet because they don't have an organized system like solicitations for digital releases.
    It just seems strange only New Warriors has its varaints still listed.

So it looks like a printed copy is coming.

The subscription side has not been fixed because it still lists for my Ironheart owing me 3 more issues that I already got and Miles is not up to date.

You can't keep delaying books.