Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default August 2020 solicitations - Coronavirus catch-up edition

Here's the August solicits. Most titles missing in July are still missing in August, unfortunately.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50291-marv...citations.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My thoughts are this:

Outlawed is pretty much DOA. We're close to four months of solicits and none of the titles are even solicited? Yeah, that's not a coincidence. I'm thinking that Miles Morales isn't on here to rewrite it away from Outlawed so that they could have that book sell without it. A shame about the rest of the books, though.

So Empyre isn't going weekly? Bummer. Speaking of which, a large number of the tie-ins are missing. Did Marvel stop production of those or are they going digital?

Yay! Star Wars is back with #5!

No Conan the Barbarian titles? Weird. I'd have thought they would prioritize that given how big of a deal they made with the rights being at Marvel.

So we have a Daredevil Annual but not the regular Daredevil title? That makes no sense.

Surprised Black Panther isn't here, given that Coates only has a few issues left.

We do know that Black Widow is scheduled for October 7 (it was confirmed from Marvel's website), so I'm not too worried about those titles.

I'd be very curious to see which of the missing books will go digital only and which will just be straight up cancelled.

Miles Morales #17 (due June 10) was originally due on April 1 and thus was probably already printed. The rest of the arc will probably go digital, hence why it's not solicited - then maybe they'll relaunch it in print after Champions (also in digital) wraps up at issue 5 or 6? Outlawed is definitely doomed now.

Having a few issues left only makes Black Panther more likely to share the same fate.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Im bummed about Outlawed. I am hoping maybe they release iut digital at least. A short list of titles. I am hoping they can be back on track soon.

I am really looking forward to Maestro.

Any word on the Juggernant Mini? I was really looking forward to that.

Where can I find news on what is going to be digital exclusive and when they come out? Pretty much every title I read is missing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

We only got a few days notice of the comics that came out digitally last week, didn't we? And this week's were announced with them. I'd expect them to say something in the next few days.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I notice the low selling Avengers of the Wasteland is going to TPB. We know issue #4 went digital so I expect the same fate for #5. Still no release date given for Doctor Doom #7 and the first arc needs to be completed. We know that it's written because Cantwell said he had finished writing until issue #10 IIRC. This is so weird....where are those comics early April that were probably printed back in late March? Are they really stuck somewhere in the pipeline? Fantastic Four IIRC was supposed to be released April 8 but it's hard to tell and that has been given a new release date. The Diamond Preview site had all the catalogs prior the shut down removed from the site.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

The entire release schedule is a mess. I'm honestly thinking about just picking up trades until everything returns to somewhat normal.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    My thoughts are this:

Outlawed is pretty much DOA. We're close to four months of solicits and none of the titles are even solicited? Yeah, that's not a coincidence. I'm thinking that Miles Morales isn't on here to rewrite it away from Outlawed so that they could have that book sell without it. A shame about the rest of the books, though.

So Empyre isn't going weekly? Bummer. Speaking of which, a large number of the tie-ins are missing. Did Marvel stop production of those or are they going digital?

Yay! Star Wars is back with #5!

No Conan the Barbarian titles? Weird. I'd have thought they would prioritize that given how big of a deal they made with the rights being at Marvel.

So we have a Daredevil Annual but not the regular Daredevil title? That makes no sense.

Surprised Black Panther isn't here, given that Coates only has a few issues left.

We do know that Black Widow is scheduled for October 7 (it was confirmed from Marvel's website), so I'm not too worried about those titles.

I'd be very curious to see which of the missing books will go digital only and which will just be straight up cancelled.
    No strange academy either, which makes it the stealthiest stealth cancellation I've seen. Honestly, it feels like they're forcing me to go digital, which I'm kind of ambivalent about, having to learn how to navigate digital orders.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    No strange academy either, which makes it the stealthiest stealth cancellation I've seen. Honestly, it feels like they're forcing me to go digital, which I'm kind of ambivalent about, having to learn how to navigate digital orders.
    I find it very hard to believe Strange Academy is cancelled. It outsold every new #1 in March except for Spider-Woman. It was a good debut. And we know #2 is among the updated solicits, so the book is definitely in a better place than others that haven't been solicited at all. I think Marvel will let it run for at least one arc, and it's just skipping a month in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I find it very hard to believe Strange Academy is cancelled. It outsold every new #1 in March except for Spider-Woman. It was a good debut. And we know #2 is among the updated solicits, so the book is definitely in a better place than others that haven't been solicited at all. I think Marvel will let it run for at least one arc, and it's just skipping a month in August.
    I’d kind of like to know how several other titles are doing sales wise, like savage avengers, and Jane foster. Plus, I didn’t see strange academy on the revised roster, but I’m having a hard time figuring what’s coming out and when anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’d kind of like to know how several other titles are doing sales wise, like savage avengers, and Jane foster. Plus, I didn’t see strange academy on the revised roster, but I’m having a hard time figuring what’s coming out and when anymore.
    SAVAGE AVENGERS

Sept. ~ 44, 615
    Oct. ~ 56,025
    Nov. ~ 34,742
    Dec. ~ 32,298
    Jan. ~ 29,687
    Feb. ~ 28,280
    Mar. ~ 27,811

VALKYRIE

Sept. ~ 39,564
    Oct. ~ 23,686
    Nov. ~ 20,856
    Dec. ~ 20,342
    Jan. ~ 18,484
    Feb. ~ 18,292
    Mar. ~ 24, 563

I would be sorry to see either of these books go, but especially Valkyrie....easily my favorite Marvel book right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You might be right. But #2 was due on April 1st, so it's already been printed and the fact it's been resolicited doesn't actually mean it's safe. Won't surprise me if #3 onwards is digital.

As the second periodical for Strange Academy has been solicited for July, I believe Marvel considers it a "safe" title and that its absence in August is a result of adjustment to the new production process.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

ASM 46 & 47
    Immortal Hulk 36
    Maestro 1
    Spiderwoman 3
    Venom 27

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    As the second periodical for Strange Academy has been solicited for July, I believe Marvel considers it a "safe" title and that its absence in August is a result of adjustment to the new production process.
    Yupp. This. Clearly...a whole bunch of stuffs has to be re-shuffled and re-organised depending on external and internal factors.
    Some of y'alls needs to stop getting carried away by your uninformed speculations...and just go with the flow.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!