Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Outlawed has been...outlawed.

I wonder if because the one-shot didn’t net amazing sales they’ve decided to scuttle it, which then begs the question of what to do with the completed comics or whether to finish anything.
    How many folks is Marvel going to have to compesate for that

How many stores like mine are going to have to refund money from pre orders?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's possible pre-orders for Outlawed just wasn't that high and it didn't justify putting them in the market when people are being careful with money and not a lot of folks are trying out books on shelves.

As for why Marvel isn't announcing digital release dates for a lot of these books not in solicits, I'm guessing because a lot of them are part of the books that were paused for a few weeks when Marvel furloughed staff. So as soon as they are finished, they'll probably announce dates then.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Champions was an April 8 book. Ms Marvel and Miles were due on April 1. Good question though. I understand DC reprinted theirs.
    I just checked my LCS's Facebook page. I forgot to check in there recently. On April 29th he posted a message that the FedEX driver didn't know they were still open during the pandemic and didn't deliver the package....even though he has a sign on his front door saying the business is still open. So he may have lost some shipments that way and lord knows where they are. I'm going to stop in today.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-21-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How many folks is Marvel going to have to compesate for that

How many stores like mine are going to have to refund money from pre orders?
    I guess they have to release it in some way or some form, but that might not be seen as a priority right now.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We need to remember that Marvel stopped production on several titles. It's possible some of the missing titles weren't finished, and Marvel will shelf them until they feel they're ready to resume production.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Outlawed has been...outlawed.

I wonder if because the one-shot didn’t net amazing sales they’ve decided to scuttle it, which then begs the question of what to do with the completed comics or whether to finish anything.
    I don't think they're just gonna not publish the Outlawed line and act like it never existed, because we know they will be publishing at least one tie-in (the Miles one). So I definitely think they want to complete the story... it just might end sooner than we thought, with Champions being a 5-issue mini like New Warriors and Power Pack. Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man would probably have to adjust too, depending on how much they were going to be affected by the event.

If I were them, I would just publish the Outlawed line weekly, through trades, skipping the single issues entirely. One week for a Champions trade, one for New Warriors, one for Power Pack, one for Ms. Marvel, one for Spider-Man and boom, they're done; won't have to worry about dragging it for much longer. Or just turn the whole thing into one big graphic novel. If Marvel still has interest in publishing the Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man books, then they can relaunch them later on.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-21-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

You’d think, given the time given furing Covid and ability to have SOME creators still working, some releases would be a little better than as sporadic as this.
    I wonder when they’ll actually find their footing again? Back end of the year?

Mighty Member

There is a lot missing.Im thinking the minis and low selling tiles are gone but the Big ones like Spider-man,Avengers Thor,Hulk and the rest are Staying.Im glad there still doing EmpyerI guess some of the Tie-ins were hit or miss and of Course the X-men.Im sure by next Month there will be a few more comics that wasent released.You have to Understand this must be very hard for Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    My thoughts are this:

Outlawed is pretty much DOA. We're close to four months of solicits and none of the titles are even solicited? Yeah, that's not a coincidence. I'm thinking that Miles Morales isn't on here to rewrite it away from Outlawed so that they could have that book sell without it. A shame about the rest of the books, though.

So Empyre isn't going weekly? Bummer. Speaking of which, a large number of the tie-ins are missing. Did Marvel stop production of those or are they going digital?

Yay! Star Wars is back with #5!

No Conan the Barbarian titles? Weird. I'd have thought they would prioritize that given how big of a deal they made with the rights being at Marvel.

So we have a Daredevil Annual but not the regular Daredevil title? That makes no sense.

Surprised Black Panther isn't here, given that Coates only has a few issues left.

We do know that Black Widow is scheduled for October 7 (it was confirmed from Marvel's website), so I'm not too worried about those titles.

I'd be very curious to see which of the missing books will go digital only and which will just be straight up cancelled.
    No strange academy either, which makes it the stealthiest stealth cancellation I've seen. Honestly, it feels like they're forcing me to go digital, which I'm kind of ambivalent about, having to learn how to navigate digital orders.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    No strange academy either, which makes it the stealthiest stealth cancellation I've seen. Honestly, it feels like they're forcing me to go digital, which I'm kind of ambivalent about, having to learn how to navigate digital orders.
    I find it very hard to believe Strange Academy is cancelled. It outsold every new #1 in March except for Spider-Woman. It was a good debut. And we know #2 is among the updated solicits, so the book is definitely in a better place than others that haven't been solicited at all. I think Marvel will let it run for at least one arc, and it's just skipping a month in August.

As the second periodical for Strange Academy has been solicited for July, I believe Marvel considers it a "safe" title and that its absence in August is a result of adjustment to the new production process.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

ASM 46 & 47
    Immortal Hulk 36
    Maestro 1
    Spiderwoman 3
    Venom 27

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I find it very hard to believe Strange Academy is cancelled. It outsold every new #1 in March except for Spider-Woman. It was a good debut. And we know #2 is among the updated solicits, so the book is definitely in a better place than others that haven't been solicited at all. I think Marvel will let it run for at least one arc, and it's just skipping a month in August.
    I’d kind of like to know how several other titles are doing sales wise, like savage avengers, and Jane foster. Plus, I didn’t see strange academy on the revised roster, but I’m having a hard time figuring what’s coming out and when anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’d kind of like to know how several other titles are doing sales wise, like savage avengers, and Jane foster. Plus, I didn’t see strange academy on the revised roster, but I’m having a hard time figuring what’s coming out and when anymore.
    SAVAGE AVENGERS

Sept. ~ 44, 615
    Oct. ~ 56,025
    Nov. ~ 34,742
    Dec. ~ 32,298
    Jan. ~ 29,687
    Feb. ~ 28,280
    Mar. ~ 27,811

VALKYRIE

Sept. ~ 39,564
    Oct. ~ 23,686
    Nov. ~ 20,856
    Dec. ~ 20,342
    Jan. ~ 18,484
    Feb. ~ 18,292
    Mar. ~ 24, 563

I would be sorry to see either of these books go, but especially Valkyrie....easily my favorite Marvel book right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You might be right. But #2 was due on April 1st, so it's already been printed and the fact it's been resolicited doesn't actually mean it's safe. Won't surprise me if #3 onwards is digital.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    As the second periodical for Strange Academy has been solicited for July, I believe Marvel considers it a "safe" title and that its absence in August is a result of adjustment to the new production process.
    Yupp. This. Clearly...a whole bunch of stuffs has to be re-shuffled and re-organised depending on external and internal factors.
    Some of y'alls needs to stop getting carried away by your uninformed speculations...and just go with the flow.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!