Mighty Member

Default Craziest school field trip you ever went on?

In the early 80's when I was about 8 or 9 my class went to the local sewerage treatment farm. It served a bunch of small Australian country towns I lived near and we got to watch a load of concentrated black sludge go into the treatment bed. I think the trip was about how water pipes and all that work.

In the late 80's my social studies class went to the local psychiatric hospital. We saw lots of patients who had been there for a long time, many with severe retardation another with epilepsy and mental disabilities wearing a padded helmet. It sure put my problems in pespective, they ended up closing the hospital and few years later, the patients going "elsewhere".

Fortunately there were no incidents on these trips. Did YOU ever go somewhere crazy or have have something crazy happen on a regular trip?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

One of the medical labs. Saw a bunch of creepy stuff in formaldehyde. IIRC, that was in 10th grade. And we pretty much stopped field trips after that. No specific reason other than TPTB just stopped caring. Can't really blame them; the students never actually gained anything by them, and just lost a day of lessons.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier