Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I don't know if there has ever been a What If...? story for another What If...? story, but I'd be interested in seeing...

[center]What If Frank Castle survived his encounter against Vampire Wolverine and continued being...

[
    off the top of my head there was one. What if Korvac had won. In the story after defeating the avengers he removes Jean Grey, silver surfer and Doctor strange from earth as they were the closest threats to him. In follow up of the story they pop back to an empty universe and it died and they had to decide what to do with their lives.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, I mentioned it in another thread, so I might as well restate it here:

What If Tom Foster Became the Ghost Rider?

Consider it chapter 1 of my "Hell to Pay" epic event.
    Hmm, sounds good to me. Piggybacking off your idea, "What If . . . superheroes were actually held accountable for stuff like the Civil Wars, World War Hulk, Avengers Vs. X-Men, Secret Empire where everyone just walks away with egg on their faces but no actual consequences for what amounts to gross abuses, betrayals, and injustices committed and inflicted by those calling themselves heroes?"

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    What if all the adult heroes retired and the teens graduated to take their place?
    I would like to see that one. Young Avengers, Generation X, New X-Men, Future Foundation, Champions . . . how would they do stepping into their adult mentors' and teachers' shoes? Would they do better? Would they do worse? Would they realize that the immense burden of responsibility for the fate of the world and humanity is a lot harder to bear than it looks on the outside?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What if Otto and Tony had stayed SUPERIOR?
    In the vein of Doom being Infamous Iron Man and Otto being Superior Spider-Man, what if there was a Tyrant Thor (Ragnarok), or a Demonic Daredevil (Bullseye, possessed by Blackheart, a *literal* 'Devil of Hell's Kitchen!'), or an Insatiable Iron Fist (Davos)?

Lots of fun variants to mine, with villains temporarily taking on a hero's mantle. Wicked Wasp. Horrible Hulk. Alliteration Always!

Or a total twist. What if 'Iron Fist' was a legacy name taken on after Danny Rand returned to K'un Lun, by his ex, Misty Knight, who doesn't not know kung fu or have glowing chi dragon-hand powers, but *does* happen to have a *literal* 'iron fist?'

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    off the top of my head there was one. What if Korvac had won. In the story after defeating the avengers he removes Jean Grey, silver surfer and Doctor strange from earth as they were the closest threats to him. In follow up of the story they pop back to an empty universe and it died and they had to decide what to do with their lives.
    Sounds interesting. Is there any way to find out what issue this "follow-up story" appeared in?

My memory isn't very good when it comes to issue numbers.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

>..>)

I got one...

What if: The Illuminati Still ruled the earth. . .

Namor is a King of the Atlantis and the Seven Oceans and represents the antihero mindset.
    Tony Stark represents the Avenger type of hero, one who understands and appreciates that a hero can work with the government, rather than outside of it. He also represents the common man, as he possesses no natural superhuman abilities.
    Reed Richards: Leader of Fantastic Four. Represents the science-based part of the superhero community.
    Black Bolt: King of Inhumans, who are an important part of Marvel history and play an important part in events that have not yet come to pass. He also represents a ruler/king archetype, one that has also been filled by Namor.
    Doctor Stephen Strange: Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. speaks for the mystical/non-scientific side of the Marvel universe.
    Professor Charles Xavier: Leader of the X-Men is there on behalf of the mutant community.
    Black Panther King of Wakanda... and the idea that they form a government of superhumans.
    Not a WHOLE lot has changed as of today....

In fact... Charles has all the Mutants under one banner, which allys them still solidly with Atlantis. Tony and T'challa are united, Reed is back and the Future Foundation isn't far off ... Strange Now has an academy as well.

Slowly, but surely they move towards the goals One World, ruled or protected or influenced fully... by just 7 men.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 05-24-2020 at 04:43 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    >..>)

I got one...

In fact... Charles has all the Mutants under one banner, which allys them still solidly with Atlantis. Tony and T'challa are united, Reed is back and the Future Foundation isn't far off ... Strange Now has an academy as well.

Slowly, but surely they move towards the goals One World, ruled or protected or influenced fully... by just 7 men.
    That would be a fascinatingly chilling idea. Would there be a rebellion at some point, perhaps spearheaded by the likes of Blue Marvel (who made it clear during the leadup to Secret Wars that he despised the arrogance of the Illuminati)?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    What if all the adult heroes retired and the teens graduated to take their place?
    MC2 is basically this. You had an Avengers team comprising American Dream (legacy of Captain America), Stinger (daughter of Ant-Man), Mainframe (a robot version of Iron Man), J2 (son of Juggernaut), and Thunderstrike (son of the previous Thunderstrike, himself a Thor legacy). Stinger and Thunderstrike subsequently became active in the present day.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/A-Next_Vol_1

The concept would need to be updated today though, as most of the Young Avengers, the Runaways, and the Champions didn't yet exist when MC2 was written, so an A-Next team would look very different now. Stinger is probably the only one who'd still make the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be a fascinatingly chilling idea. Would there be a rebellion at some point, perhaps spearheaded by the likes of Blue Marvel (who made it clear during the leadup to Secret Wars that he despised the arrogance of the Illuminati)?
    Not only that but do it live as Marvel universe sits Right-this-second.... and the knowledge that Its a dark universe type story in which they totally still win.

Consider...
    The FF comes back from making universes and the Illuminati meets to discuss time runs out (as though they never really forgot) and they collectively sit down with the understanding that they have to figure out how to "Mold" Franklin.

Krokoa? Orchestrated...in LINE with the guidance of the Illuminati.
    Having him run off to join Krakoa or however it plays out? Totally orchestrated. Why? They learned a lot about "Control" when dealing with the beyonder.
    Every step of FF vs X-men is orchestrated.

Strange Academy. Orchestrated.

The intergalactic Empire of Wakanda? Earths first foray into the stars... totally a needed goal. Orchestrated.

All the things that have happened since the secret wars... "guided" ... Civil war...hydracap... and so on.

Why... how... well because they we're defeated. They were defeated by overwhelming odds but in the end they know whats better for the world than what the world does. They "INTENT" is the unify the earth without all the needless wars and genocides and nonsense into one perfectly ran utopia under the consent of its true rulers. (This is never said or spoken... its implied as inherent in the behavior they set forth)

I'd keep the WHOLE cloth of it too... Beast is in, and Fully So. Brian Braddock. Totally in. The second wave of them are important because they act as "Arch-Dukes"

So... who catches on? Blue Marvel you say. Brilliant. He could use a starring role if he's gonna stick around.
    He gets a team, mixed of both heroes and villians with the idea to "take back the world... but really... In the end... the media is owned by stark and reed, and T'challa now too, and what they miss Strange and Xavier can catch.

This time they're smarter. They're better prepared. Thye're not pressed to the limit with impending disaster, and they intend to make sure the next great disaster is met with the unified light of earth.

The Illuminati.

"Indeed, Kevin you are a being of limitless power. We, on the other hand are men embodying inescapable control" - Hank McCoy
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.

Not only that but do it live as Marvel universe sits Right-this-second.... and the knowledge that Its a dark universe type story in which they totally still win.

Consider...
    The FF comes back from making universes and the Illuminati meets to discuss time runs out (as though they never really forgot) and they collectively sit down with the understanding that they have to figure out how to "Mold" Franklin.

Having him run off to join Krakoa or however it plays out? Totally orchestrated. Why? They learned a lot about "Control" when dealing with the beyonder.

The intergalactic Empire of Wakanda? Earths first foray into the stars... totally a needed goal. Orchestrated.

All the things that have happened since the secret wars... "guided" ... Civil war...hydracap... and so on.

Why... how... well because they we're defeated. They were defeated by overwhelming odds but in the end they know whats better for the world than what the world does. They "INTENT" is the unify the earth without all the needless wars and genocides and nonsense into one perfectly ran utopia under the consent of its true rulers. (This is never said or spoken... its implied as inherent in the behavior they set forth)

I'd keep the WHOLE cloth of it too... Beast is in, and Fully So. Brian Braddock. Totally in. The second wave of them are important because they act as "Arch-Dukes"

So... who catches on? Blue Marvel you say. Brilliant. He could use a starring role if he's gonna stick around.
    He gets a team, mixed of both heroes and villians with the idea to "take back the world... but really... In the end... the media is owned by stark and reed, and T'challa now too, and what they miss Strange and Xavier can catch.

This time they're smarter. They're better prepared. Thye're not pressed to the limit with impending disaster, and they intend to make sure the next great disaster is met with the unified light of earth.

The Illuminati.

"Indeed, Kevin you are a being of limitless power. We, on the other hand are men embodying inescapable control" - Hank McCoy
    That would be a great epic story to tell.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Consider...

The Illuminati.

Take my money now, I'll buy every issue of the crossover event.

Only, can we also get Blue's entire "family" on his team: Monica, Anti-Man, Ulana the Watcher, the Infinaut, the Shaper of Worlds, his Dr. Manhattan-like powerful son, Kevin Brashear? (What does power and control mean to someone who exists outside of everything and has probably the best of all vantage points when it comes to seeing what's happening within the omniverse? Maybe keep him in reserve as the failsafe and last resort.)

Not that this story has to be all about Blue. I'm actually more interested in knowing which heroes and villains would side with him. No matter who they are, you get the feeling that they'll always be the underdogs in this fight. The conflict would/will take a heavy toll, I imagine.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-25-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Take my money now, I'll buy every issue of the crossover event.

Only, can we also get Blue's entire "family" on his team: Monica, Anti-Man, Ulana the Watcher, the Infinaut, the Shaper of Worlds, his Dr. Manhattan-like powerful son, Kevin Brashear? (What does power and control mean to someone who exists outside of everything and has probably the best of all vantage points when it comes to seeing what's happening within the omniverse? Maybe keep him in reserve as the failsafe and last resort.)

Not that this story has to be all about Blue. I'm actually more interested in knowing which heroes and villains would side with him. No matter who they are, you get the feeling that they'll always be the underdogs in this fight. The conflict would will take a heavy toll, I imagine.
    Yeah, believe it or not its that talk between Kevin and The Beast .... and what they do to him right at the beginning that becomes the inciting incident of the WHOLE story.

You don't F-with the Brashear family... but they do... along the same lines they screwed with the beyonder and Franklin. And doom with Galactus.

Starts with that...
    Has sparks and flares and daddy Adam spaking the hell out of them but ends with a pyrrhic victory and an ominous end.

But I gotta fight scene out of this world just for the fans...

Count Nefaria, Graviton, Captain Marvel, and a magic enhanced Vision... and a couple surprising otherstrying to stop a morals off enraged Adam...
    they can't... like at at all...
    and the Illuminati delay Adam by using the powers and essentially hiding behind Baby starbrand and escaping.

The krokoans are another interesting twist...

Of course this is 100x different from real marvel 616 basically the"Illuminati-verse" but the don't all make it out alive by any means. It be good

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Count Nefaria, Graviton, Captain Marvel, and a magic enhanced Vision... and a couple surprising otherstrying to stop a morals off enraged Adam...
    they can't... like at at all...
    Sounds like Adam finally finds his role in the cosmos. The lone sniper on the wall. Unerringly lethal in his vigilance. Hopefully his team deals such a blow to the other side that they not only lack the means to attempt this sort of thing again, but the will.

Incredible Member

>..>)

I got one...

Namor is a King of the Atlantis and the Seven Oceans and represents the antihero mindset.
    Tony Stark represents the Avenger type of hero, one who understands and appreciates that a hero can work with the government, rather than outside of it. He also represents the common man, as he possesses no natural superhuman abilities.
    Reed Richards: Leader of Fantastic Four. Represents the science-based part of the superhero community.
    Black Bolt: King of Inhumans, who are an important part of Marvel history and play an important part in events that have not yet come to pass. He also represents a ruler/king archetype, one that has also been filled by Namor.
    Doctor Stephen Strange: Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. speaks for the mystical/non-scientific side of the Marvel universe.
    Professor Charles Xavier: Leader of the X-Men is there on behalf of the mutant community.
    Black Panther King of Wakanda... and the idea that they form a government of superhumans.

^^ I recently made an off handed comment similar to this but in respect to Civil War.

If the appointed people representing those classes of heroes (throw in Luke Cage for Street level heroes and maybe the FF representing cosmic heroes) registered with the government under the SHRA and were held accountable for their sections - Civil War could have been avoid.

Sure it would have been less action packed and great stories (Fraction's Invincible Iron Man) may have turned out different.

Incredible Member

What If...Nick Fury was still in charge of SHIELD when the Super Human Registration Act was passed?

Astonishing Member

What If Earth had to deal with no one ever returning from Secret War. Several Avengers just gone. Johnny, Reed and Ben just gone. No more Magneto, a whole line up of Xmen gone. No more Doom( Except for Kristin) Mo more Spidey. No more Ultron. How would things evolve. I know there was a story where everyone get stranded on Beyonder planet but we only Eve saw it from the persoective if those who were stuck there.