Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Than she would have stayed with the Starjammers.
    Mmmmm, we do not know that.

In addition, what other adventures would she have had? Would she have returned to Earth? To the X-Men? To the Avengers? Would Binary have encountered the Phoenix/Phoenix Force out there in deep space?

The ideas are endless.

What if Johnny Storm became the Thing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There's been multiple stories showing the F4 with each other's powers, hasn't there?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's been multiple stories showing the F4 with each other's powers, hasn't there?
    Yeah, and what if they all had the same powers, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I didnt know that. My bad. Thanks for the info.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What if Blade was full vampire?
    What if Carol Danvers was the leader of the Starjammers?
    What if Howard The Duck was a villain?
    What if Thor had a harem of super heroes?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What if Thor had a harem of super heroes?
    What if there'd always been a 'League of Realms?' One champion each from the Aesir/Vanir, dwarves, elves, giants, etc. Even the dark elves sent someone, although nobody's foolish enough to trust that one. As an added bonus, half of these people don't much like each other, and don't have a ton of super-awesome champions to spare for this project from their own realm-defense and stuff, so the members of this League of Realms are generally picked from malcontents and ne'er-do-wells that they are happy to be rid of...

They travel the Nine Worlds, dealing with threats to *all* the Realms.

The Midgardian representative would logically be someone with ties to the Realms, but of Earth. A sorcerer who uses nordic runes and Asatru teachings would make sense.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-30-2020 at 04:43 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What if there'd always been a 'League of Realms?' One champion each from the Aesir/Vanir, dwarves, elves, giants, etc. Even the dark elves sent someone, although nobody's foolish enough to trust that one. As an added bonus, half of these people don't much like each other, and don't have a ton of super-awesome champions to spare for this project from their own realm-defense and stuff, so the members of this League of Realms are generally picked from malcontents and ne'er-do-wells that they are happy to be rid of...

They travel the Nine Worlds, dealing with threats to *all* the Realms.

The Midgardian representative would logically be someone with ties to the Realms, but of Earth. A sorcerer who uses nordic runes and Asatru teachings would make sense.
    That sounds pretty awesome.

In the spirit of this thread . . . "What if Daredevil trained Spider-Man after realizing Spider-Man's spider-sense was similar to his own radar sense?"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Here is one that I have been thinking about.

What if Blade was raised by Dr Strange.

here is how it would go. While reading his texts Strange reads about a daywalker who will war with and destroy the vampire race. He thinks this is interesting but does not really worry about it as he does not deal with vampires. Then years later he hears rumors of a vampire born that can survive in daylight. He also hears that there will be an attempt on the child by the forces of a new militant vampire leader known as Deacon Frost. He rushes to the rescue. he saves the child and because of the rise of Frost and the new Vampire threat Morbius he decides to protect the child. He takes him back to the Sanctum where he raises the child, teaching him magical secrets. He has his friends in the hero community train him in combat. Taking the name Blade the daywalker begins his war against Frost and his followers using amazing hand to hand skills as well as magical ones.

Just coming up with random ideas:

What if Peter Parker was Miles' father?
    What if Captain America came from the future?
    What if Dr. Dooms's suit was powered through magic by the souls of Latverians who made a deal with Doom after he got rid of the dictator before him?
    What if Deadpool was one of the O5?
    What if Nick Fury was a HYDRA agent?

What is Hank took back the Ant man suit.

Show Scott creating his own superhero suit of some sort and either save or come in conflict with Hank.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in at least one earlier thread, but . . .

What if the rocket that carried Reed Richards into space crash landed with all of its passengers being killed?

Well, for one thing, Submariner would have remained an amnesiac, at least for a while. And if that were the case, he would not have released Captain America from his ice prison. And if that were the case, Cap would not be around to restore the Avengers after they had been turned into statues by the asparagus people in Avengers #4. So now we have a world without the FF, the Avengers and Submariner. What happens next?

What if Professor X was not crippled in his battle against Lucifer?

Well, he would have continued his battle against Lucifer. Maybe he would have called on the World's Mightiest Heroes for help, making him the cause for the Avengers coming together. If he were a founding member of the Avengers, he would not have been available to form the X-Men. So what happens to the O5? Do they all join Magneto? Or does something else happen?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in at least one earlier thread, but . . .

What if the rocket that carried Reed Richards into space crash landed with all of its passengers being killed?

Well, for one thing, Submariner would have remained an amnesiac, at least for a while. And if that were the case, he would not have released Captain America from his ice prison. And if that were the case, Cap would not be around to restore the Avengers after they had been turned into statues by the asparagus people in Avengers #4. So now we have a world without the FF, the Avengers and Submariner. What happens next?
    The only problem with this one. It was slightly done before. What is Hulk went Berzerk, which caused no Spider-Man, Avengers, FF, Daredevil, probably a few others I forget. But that is where the story ended. No heroes. It did not explore beyond that, which I think makes a more compelling story, and where I think this storyline should go. Let's not end with, no heroes, but instead continue with everything. Mole Men attack, no FF, what happens?

For me personally, one story I would love to see, "What if Vampire Wolverine battled Marvel Zombies."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That sounds pretty awesome.

In the spirit of this thread . . . "What if Daredevil trained Spider-Man after realizing Spider-Man's spider-sense was similar to his own radar sense?"
    I think this would be a great What If. I could see Parker becoming a bit more of a PI, since that is a lot of what PIs do is take pictures.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

What If Rogue never absorbed Ms. Marvel's powers.