Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It made it look cheaper and more cosplay-like to me compared to the sleeker, more comic-accurate, suit he's sporting now. He really looks like The Flash now and I don't see how this works any less for television.
    It looks too bright and garish on screen to my eyes, the cowl, well that's just something they've always struggled with a bit. It just looks worse on screen than it does on the page even if the color is the same. Those colors pop on page, on screen they feel like they'll pop your rods or cones or whichever in your eye registers colors.

But clearly we just disagree as to what looks better on the tv screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It looks too bright and garish on screen to my eyes, the cowl, well that's just something they've always struggled with a bit. It just looks worse on screen than it does on the page even if the color is the same. Those colors pop on page, on screen they feel like they'll pop your rods or cones or whichever in your eye registers colors.

But clearly we just disagree as to what looks better on the tv screen.
    The season 6 suit's coloring seems more in-line with the season 4 coloring of not being too bright. The colors stand out to me just fine but we might just have to agree to disagree on that...personally, with The Flash, I think the brighter the better.

The season 6 suit's coloring seems more in-line with the season 4 coloring of not being too bright. The colors stand out to me just fine but we might just have to agree to disagree on that...personally, with The Flash, I think the brighter the better.
    I agree for a bright red on page, but something in the tv medium just makes it to glaring to my eyes. But then everyone receives color differently in top of having different tastes.

Although this makes me wonder if there's a side by side comparison picture for each season's suit, because I just can't recall "season 4 looked like x while season 6 looked like y" like you can. I remember bits of what I've liked and didn't like with little memory of which season it was from.

I agree for a bright red on page, but something in the tv medium just makes it to glaring to my eyes. But then everyone receives color differently in top of having different tastes.

Although this makes me wonder if there's a side by side comparison picture for each season's suit, because I just can't recall "season 4 looked like x while season 6 looked like y" like you can. I remember bits of what I've liked and didn't like with little memory of which season it was from.

Mighty Member

I still prefer Season 1-3..

Because of:
    -Material: This leather material just looks better
    -form: the leather and the form of the suit gave the suit a kind of structure
    -cowl: the cowl on 1-3 just looked better and I understand them more than the other ones, because of their form and how the neck is made etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I still prefer Season 1-3..

Because of:
    -Material: This leather material just looks better
    -form: the leather and the form of the suit gave the suit a kind of structure
    -cowl: the cowl on 1-3 just looked better and I understand them more than the other ones, because of their form and how the neck is made etc.
    The leather material just looks kind of bulky and cumbersome to me now. And I hate that it looks like a jacket at times.

The chinstrap makes the season 5 cowl look just as good as the the original in my opinion...and from my understanding it's easier for Grant Gustin to move around in.

The leather material just looks kind of bulky and cumbersome to me now. And I hate that it looks like a jacket at times.

The chinstrap makes the season 5 cowl look just as good as the the original in my opinion...and from my understanding it's easier for Grant Gustin to move around in.
    Yeah, the leather suits don’t look practical or comfortable for running. They seem too stiff and bulky, and they bunch up in awkward ways.

IMO, the old stigma about superhero spandex matters less these days, now that stretchy, form-fitted material is common in athletic gear. (And now that TV shows can give the stretchy suits more structure and detail.)

Astonishing Member

The last one is the clear winner for me. It's the sleekest, the most colourful, the mask is well fitted, the earpieces point backwards instead of upwards and it looks lighter and more form fitting than the bulky leathery material of the earlier ones. (I'm surprised by just how lopsided and irregular the lightning bolt is in the first three. They massively improved that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Yeah, the leather suits don’t look practical or comfortable for running. They seem too stiff and bulky, and they bunch up in awkward ways.

IMO, the old stigma about superhero spandex matters less these days, now that stretchy, form-fitted material is common in athletic gear. (And now that TV shows can give the stretchy suits more structure and detail.)
    I agree. Nobody bats an eyelid at Olympic athletes, figure skaters or pro wrestlers wearing light, colourful, form fitting outfits. It's a shame that TV/movie super-hero costumes have defaulted to bulky armour since the 1989 Batman movie, especially for athletic characters. I reckon a large part of it was overcompensating for the Adam West Batman show. But as time has moved on, the Adam West Batman has managed to age better than most of what's come since. If they took the spirit of that approach, but with today's production values, they could end up with something really good.

Yep, I like the earlier suits better. They just look better to me. To each their own I guess, but as the series has gone on the suit just becomes worse.

They would all look better if Grant actually looked like a world class endurance athlete.

*Sips iced tea and sits back*

I kid, I kid... sort of. He's great.

Yep, I like the earlier suits better. They just look better to me. To each their own I guess, but as the series has gone on the suit just becomes worse.
    I think the suit has actually improved over time and dropping the issues of past costumes, but as you said, to each their own.

It's kind of funny to me that I thought the season 2 suit was going to be the high point of adapting the look and they've drastically improved on it in subsequent seasons.

I think the suit has actually improved over time, but as you said, to each their own.

It's kind of funny to me that I thought the season 2 suit was going to be the high point of adapting the look and they've drastically improved on it in subsequent seasons.
    Depends entirely on your definition of "improved"...

Depends entirely on your definition of "improved"...
    No visible jacket is an improvement in my book .

No visible jacket is an improvement in my book .
    You mean the zipper? Eh, least you know how he puts the costume on. I can only guess how he puts the current suit on.

You mean the zipper? Eh, least you know how he puts the costume on. I can only guess how he puts the current suit on.
    That's not a perk for me...