Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Flash TV SERIES Costume

Hello,
    question:

Am I the only one who likes the Costume of Season 2/3 much more than the following Costumes?
    Especially the cowl looked much better in Season 2/3 than in Season 6 for example..

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

The current suit this season works perfectly for me. Brighter colors, and in my opinion better fitted cowl. The only thing he still needs is yellow boots, and happy to know Grant himself wants that. Season 2/3 are my second favorite suits, though. 4 had too much going on, bulky, and looked like Grant could barely move it. Season 5 is very self explanatory, and that weird shaped cowl along with no chin strap was just... what were they thinking..???

His best costumes have been his season 4 and season 6 looks in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    question:

Am I the only one who likes the Costume of Season 2/3 much more than the following Costumes?
    Especially the cowl looked much better in Season 2/3 than in Season 6 for example..
    You are not alone. Every time they change the costume it gets worse and worse in my opinion. That red is too bright and garish for live action (colors that work on a flat comic book page don't look the same in a real life costume) and the cowl makes his head look like an alien.

Can we agree that season 5 had the worst one by far?
    Anyway I always disliked the belt of the first 3 seasons. Weirdly looks better on Thawne. But I generally think the first 3 seasons only looks good when you consider it a protocostume while they were slowly shifting the universe’s aesthetics away from the more grounded first few seasons of Arrow. It’s 6&4 for me. The current just needs the yellow boots and it’s perfect.

I mean, this looks pretty much perfect:

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Can we agree that season 5 had the worst one by far?
    Anyway I always disliked the belt of the first 3 seasons. Weirdly looks better on Thawne. But I generally think the first 3 seasons only looks good when you consider it a protocostume while they were slowly shifting the universe’s aesthetics away from the more grounded first few seasons of Arrow. It’s 6&4 for me. The current just needs the yellow boots and it’s perfect.
    Apparently the yellow boots are more of a "when" then an "if" at this point .

Yellow boots. Yep, the live action costume gets worse the more and more they forget the difference between the 2D page and 3D reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yellow boots. Yep, the live action costume gets worse the more and more they forget the difference between the 2D page and 3D reality.
    Well, I think adaptions are all about blending the two together. The creators are gung-ho about it, so I'm fine with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think adaptions are all about blending the two together. The creators are gung-ho about it, so I'm fine with it .
    Yeah, but this is no longer blending the two together, it's going all in on the comic page end, physical reality be damned. There's no attempt at making changes for the way things look in 3D reality anymore, so it just doesn't look as good. It looks 100% comics accurate at the expense of looking good on screen.

Yeah, but this is no longer blending the two together, it's going all in on the comic page end, physical reality be damned. There's no attempt at making changes for the way things look in 3D reality anymore, so it just doesn't look as good. It looks 100% comics accurate at the expense of looking good on screen.
    I mean, it's a literal physical suit, so obviously it conforms to physical reality to some extent. In this instance I don't see that they need to make any changes. When it literally looks like The Flash suit in live-action, I think that is as good as it is going to get.

I mean, it's a literal physical suit, so obviously it conforms to physical reality to some extent. In this instance I don't see that they need to make any changes. When it literally looks like The Flash suit in live-action, I think that is as good as it is going to get.
    I meant more in the fashion/what looks good sense. This looks like a fire truck red ET to me. It looked like the Flash in season 1, season 2, etc. It always looked like the Flash. But it looks like the Flash but worse now.

Mighty Member

Remember Dan Aykroyd's Flash costume on SNL?

I meant more in the fashion/what looks good sense. This looks like a fire truck red ET to me. It looked like the Flash in season 1, season 2, etc. It always looked like the Flash. But it looks like the Flash but worse now.
    That honestly sounds more like the seasons 1-3 suit to me.

I'm not saying he didn't look like The Flash before, but it definitely looked like trying to make The Flash look with conventional TV material while now it looks more like a Superhero costume in my opinion. The season 4 suit was the best in terms of capturing the look with the original material but it was still a little too cumbersome and leather-y for my money.

That honestly sounds more like the seasons 1-3 suit to me.

I'm not saying he didn't look like The Flash before, but it definitely looked like trying to make The Flash look with conventional TV material while now it looks more like a Superhero costume in my opinion. The season 4 suit was the best in terms of capturing the look with the original material but it was still a little too cumbersome and leather-y for my money.
    This part "it definitely looked like trying to make The Flash look with conventional TV material" I agree with, but that was a good thing. It fit television, it worked with the different color pallet the tv screen works on vs the printed page. Now it doesn't look like a superhero come to life to me, it looks like cosplay. Too garish for live action.

This part "it definitely looked like trying to make The Flash look with conventional TV material" I agree with, but that was a good thing. It fit television, it worked with the different color pallet the tv screen works on vs the printed page. Now it doesn't look like a superhero come to life to me, it looks like cosplay. Too garish for live action.
    It made it look cheaper and more cosplay-like to me compared to the sleeker, more comic-accurate, suit he's sporting now. He really looks like The Flash now and I don't see how this works any less for television.