Mighty Member

Default Flash SEASON 3 Villain

Hello,
    questions:

1. Why was Savitar so much faster than Barry?

2. Where did he get the injuries on his faces?

Not seen that yet (I don't have Sky TV, but just started streaming the show last week), but if it's the same as in the comics, Savitar can steal the powers of other speedsters (he actually depowered everyone except Wally. The others were repowered upon his defeat). That would explain how he can be faster than The Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

They never directly explain it but he was faster than, Barry, most likely because of years being trapped inside the Speed Force and the his connection to the Philosopher's Stone. As to where he got his scars well... there are two Savitars. The one we see throughout the season and the one Barry fights in the future. In that future Barry creates time remnants of himself, all of them are killed except one. That remaining remnant was our Savitar, so he probably got his scars from that battle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    They never directly explain it but he was faster than, Barry, most likely because of years being trapped inside the Speed Force and the his connection to the Philosopher's Stone. As to where he got his scars well... there are two Savitars. The one we see throughout the season and the one Barry fights in the future. In that future Barry creates time remnants of himself, all of them are killed except one. That remaining remnant was our Savitar, so he probably got his scars from that battle.
    Not really:

As far as I understood FUTURE Savitar and PRESENT Savitar are the SAME PERSON.

REASON:
    FUTURE Savitar kills the time remnaints, but leaves one alive, because he is this time remnaint!!
    So he creates HIMSELF and because of this he must leave one alive, because he himself is this time remnaint who is left alive.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not really:

As far as I understood FUTURE Savitar and PRESENT Savitar are the SAME PERSON.

REASON:
    FUTURE Savitar kills the time remnaints, but leaves one alive, because he is this time remnaint!!
    So he creates HIMSELF and because of this he must leave one alive, because he himself is this time remnaint who is left alive.
    That's what I said. Savitar is a time remnant of, Barry, so when he said he "created himself" he was referring to our Barry creating him and being the only to survive. After being shunned by Team Flash for trying to be the real, Barry, he went back in time to become the very Savitar he was created to defeat. So, yes, they're connected to each other.

I only said two to help differentiate, because saying this Savitar and that one would be confusing to someone not familiar with the show's version of him, but if you understood all that then it also answers your original questions.