Astonishing Member

Default Avatar sequels restart filming

https://deadline.com/2020/05/new-zea...ng-1202929138/

New Zealand’s health and safety production protocols have been endorsed by the national government, we can reveal, meaning production can restart in the country after it was halted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Some film and TV shoots “are already safely underway,” the New Zealand Film Commission has confirmed to us. This potentially paves the way for the country’s highest-profile productions, James Cameron’s Avatar sequels and Amazon’s The Lord Of The Rings series, to get back underway in coming months.

Cameron and producer Jon Landau were filming live-action elements of the big-budget sequels when the pandemic struck. Since then, they have continued to work on the film’s virtual production in California and with Weta Digital on the visual effects.
    While NZ has been taking the right action, I still feel they should have waited on this - it's still very dangerous and there isn't a cure. All it take is one person getting the virus and large amounts of people may die from this. Hollywood needs to put its foot down on this, stop everything until it's completely safe. People will die when mistakes get made.

Mighty Member

https://abc7news.com/suicide-covid-1...th-by/6201962/

More people are dying by suicide than the virus now in the Bay Area of California. This just save 1 life mantra is bs. The lockdown is worse than the disease now.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    https://abc7news.com/suicide-covid-1...th-by/6201962/

More people are dying by suicide than the virus now in the Bay Area of California. This just save 1 life mantra is bs. The lockdown is worse than the disease now.
    That’s only happened because of the lockdown. Suicide isn’t infectious.

Yeah, this is a stupid right wing talking point. It's like more people die of heart attack than drunk driving, so why are we stopping people from driving while intoxicated.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The suicide rate goes up with the unemployment rate which is greatly increased by the lockdown.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, this is a stupid right wing talking point. It's like more people die of heart attack than drunk driving, so why are we stopping people from driving while intoxicated.

Yes, California is so full of conservatives, no you are full of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Yes, California is so full of conservatives, no you are full of it.
    It is. That's why Arnold Schwartzneggar and Reagan became its governors.

Mighty Member

https://digitalcommons.bryant.edu/cg...nors_economics

Here is the suicide study I posted back in April in the paragraph under page number 14 is where the grim numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think it's a difficult decision with no right answer.

Yes, we don't have a vacinne right now. But it may take years to find a cure, and we can't stay locked down forever. No one wants to spread discease, but no one can indefinately survive without working. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions, because it's hard.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's a difficult decision with no right answer.

Yes, we don't have a vacinne right now. But it may take years to find a cure, and we can't stay locked down forever. No one wants to spread discease, but no one can indefinately survive without working. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions, because it's hard.
    Good thing then... the guys in charge making decisions are mostly sociopaths