Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Linkara is an ex-Republican and was a moderate small-r republican when he said that. So he bought into the idea of “welfare queens” and so on when he made that point. Forgetting how difficult it is for a huge chunk of the American population to get insurance.
    I think his point was that Peter never thought about life insurance, not that he didn't have it. Peter never having given it a thought is a bit weird. Granted this is comics and a writer can always say Peter thought about it multiple times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think his point was that Peter never thought about life insurance, not that he didn't have it. Peter never having given it a thought is a bit weird. Granted this is comics and a writer can always say Peter thought about it multiple times.
    I don't know, i just saw this linkara video and he just chews into spidey for no reason, and seems incapable of understanding that while spidey has wanted to quit many times over what it did to his personal life, he had to put the greater good over it. Sometimes that stuff is painful and it can't be escaped when you've taken up this duty in terms of Mask/life balance.

Yeah, spidey said he can't get any life-insurance but it's more about the core point I said.
    I think if he doesn't have any investments, he's just trying his best to not die.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I don't know, i just saw this linkara video and he just chews into spidey for no reason, and seems incapable of understanding that while spidey has wanted to quit many times over what it did to his personal life, he had to put the greater good over it. Sometimes that stuff is painful and it can't be escaped when you've taken up this duty in terms of Mask/life balance.

Yeah, spidey said he can't get any life-insurance but it's more about the core point I said.
    I think if he doesn't have any investments, he's just trying his best to not die.
    Funny enough, the video isn't so much him chewing into Spider-Man as a character, but chewing into Marvel (execs and editorial) for keeping him in this kind of nebulous stage where he comes off more as an overgrown adolescent than a fully matured, thoughtful and responsible adult because they think his best days or years were when he was still in high school and so refuse to let him grow beyond that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the video isn't so much him chewing into Spider-Man as a character, but chewing into Marvel (execs and editorial) for keeping him in this kind of nebulous stage where he comes off more as an overgrown adolescent than a fully matured, thoughtful and responsible adult because they think his best days or years were when he was still in high school and so refuse to let him grow beyond that.
    I mean you could make the argument that the guy's life's just thrown outta whack so much he can't progress through milestones the normal way, so there's some arrested development

Still I wonder what his biggest purchases or fees he's had to pay from whatever savings drained him. Like a house (which I think MJ contributed to, and they lost it) or stuff like that and how quickly they were able to pay off their debts

I mean you could make the argument that the guy's life's just thrown outta whack so much he can't progress through milestones the normal way, so there's some arrested development

Still I wonder what his biggest purchases or fees he's had to pay from whatever savings drained him. Like a house (which I think MJ contributed to, and they lost it) or stuff like that and how quickly they were able to pay off their debts
    That's a good point, and some good questions there as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the video isn't so much him chewing into Spider-Man as a character, but chewing into Marvel (execs and editorial) for keeping him in this kind of nebulous stage where he comes off more as an overgrown adolescent than a fully matured, thoughtful and responsible adult
    How many people are fully matured, thoughtful and responsible adults in their mid/late twenties? How many mid/late twenties working class New Yorkers have a stable career, a spouse, 2.4 kids, a mortgage, life insurance and investments in the year 2020?
    Last edited by Lee; 05-25-2020 at 04:15 AM. Reason: typo

BANNED

Haha, was just reading some random issues and apparantly pete had a savings plan he didn't even know about though he cashed it all out for back rent

Might be easier if he lived with his aunt instead since they could split the rent and save more though? Idk

Astonishing Member

Pathetic! Loser! Man-child! He should be investing that money and telling Aunt May to hurry up and die!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Pathetic! Loser! Man-child! He should be investing that money and telling Aunt May to hurry up and die!
    huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    How many people are fully matured, thoughtful and responsible adults in their mid/late twenties? How many mid/late twenties working classic New Yorkers have a stable career, a spouse, 2.4 kids, a mortgage, life insurance and investments in the year 2020?
    Hmm, that's a good point, come to think of it.

I understand that Peter should be responsible enough to have some kind of savings, but for most of his life, he's had difficulty working a full time job with benefits. The times where he's been successful, it seems like he loses everything just as he is getting comfortable. Besides the loved ones he has lost because of Spider-Man, he's also unable to be dependable to handle his obligations. For him "Great Responsibility" takes precedent over everything else, so unless Peter learns to balance his time as Spider-Man with his civilian life, I don't see the cycle ever changing. Dating all the way back to the beginning, he has flunked important tests, stood up dates, missed deadlines, and been unable to keep important appointments. When he finally was supposed to get his college degree, he found out the day of graduation that he didn't have the hours he needed due to his Spider-Man activities. And all that stuff was from comics in the 1970's, yet he still goes through the same thing today. As for life insurance, Peter has no dependents, so there is no need for a life insurance policy. Aunt May should have one for Peter, if anything. It's not his fault she has aged backward. She should be long dead by now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    I understand that Peter should be responsible enough to have some kind of savings, but for most of his life, he's had difficulty working a full time job with benefits. The times where he's been successful, it seems like he loses everything just as he is getting comfortable. Besides the loved ones he has lost because of Spider-Man, he's also unable to be dependable to handle his obligations. For him "Great Responsibility" takes precedent over everything else, so unless Peter learns to balance his time as Spider-Man with his civilian life, I don't see the cycle ever changing. Dating all the way back to the beginning, he has flunked important tests, stood up dates, missed deadlines, and been unable to keep important appointments. When he finally was supposed to get his college degree, he found out the day of graduation that he didn't have the hours he needed due to his Spider-Man activities. And all that stuff was from comics in the 1970's, yet he still goes through the same thing today. As for life insurance, Peter has no dependents, so there is no need for a life insurance policy. Aunt May should have one for Peter, if anything. It's not his fault she has aged backward. She should be long dead by now.
    I feel like you had a point and then just lost it at the end. Are all young adults just waiting for their guardians to die?

I will agree that it is a little annoying to see Peter having the kind of same problems today that he did decades ago. It seem like they wont let him get his **** together long term.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

aunt may seemed to have life savings that were invested into parker industries
    dunno how much they were though?

aunt may seemed to have life savings that were invested into parker industries
    dunno how much they were though?
    That's a good question. Considering how Parker Industries went down . . .