Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I feel like you had a point and then just lost it at the end. Are all young adults just waiting for their guardians to die?
    I don't know if you read the original stories or not, but Aunt May looked like an 80 year old woman, plus she had a bad heart. She was always going in and out of the hospital and was at death's door more than once. The reason Peter kept his identity secret from her was because she believed what Jameson said about Spider-Man, and Peter was afraid finding out would be too much for her heart. This happened all the way past issue 200, but 25 years in real time later, she is in her 50's or 60's and in good health. I stand beside what I said about life insurance. May needs to have a policy on herself so Peter will at least get money to bury her. If he gets remarried, then he will need to take out a policy on himself for his wife, and she will need to do the same (unless he suddenly has a nest egg tucked away). If he ever has a kid, he'll need to get an even larger policy. That's his responsibility as a husband and father. Ben should have had a plan for May and Peter in case something happened to him. It's not Peter's job to do that.

BANNED

Found from JMS run during civil war:
    So pete had an IRA, money in his personal account, and a shared account between him n MJ
    That's certainly responsible with money, esp since JMS had a more grown pete
    Not a lot but something especially for a mid 20s guy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Found from JMS run during civil war:
    So pete had an IRA, money in his personal account, and a shared account between him n MJ
    That's certainly responsible with money, esp since JMS had a more grown pete

That's actually a very good point there. And this was when he was thinking about just fleeing the country rather than voluntarily unmask to the public.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I wish there was a website or fanpage that had things like his finances laid out since that appears to be an important part of his character.

BANNED

oh well, if any of you guys find stuff on this, update it as need be

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    I don't know if you read the original stories or not, but Aunt May looked like an 80 year old woman, plus she had a bad heart. She was always going in and out of the hospital and was at death's door more than once. The reason Peter kept his identity secret from her was because she believed what Jameson said about Spider-Man, and Peter was afraid finding out would be too much for her heart. This happened all the way past issue 200, but 25 years in real time later, she is in her 50's or 60's and in good health. I stand beside what I said about life insurance. May needs to have a policy on herself so Peter will at least get money to bury her. If he gets remarried, then he will need to take out a policy on himself for his wife, and she will need to do the same (unless he suddenly has a nest egg tucked away). If he ever has a kid, he'll need to get an even larger policy. That's his responsibility as a husband and father. Ben should have had a plan for May and Peter in case something happened to him. It's not Peter's job to do that.
    Not the point I'm making.

You're talking as though May dying will be good thing.

Astonishing Member

Peter was always broke so I doubt it.