Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Had this book been about Storm and Emma trying to work together in the HC while not liking each other, I would have loved it instantly. Instead I got drunk Kitty in ridiculous pirate cosplay getting her nose continually broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Kitty getting her nose broken is kind of satisfying though lmao. I wonder if Duggan included that as her comeuppance for being so insufferable in X-men: Gold

She's insufferable now, too! I genuinely tried through the first arc but I just couldn't continue because of her. Here's hoping she stays dead for at least the next arc so I can enjoy the great art and gay shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm right there with you! Kitty was the literal only thing stopping me from reading this book.
    The less Kitty, the better.
    What's funny is that if you check the main Marauders thread, early post with the first few issues it seemed like everyone else was wallpaper while Kitty was out fighting the whole team, taking down mma level fighter while having the team hold her jock. There was such a lack of depth to the dynamic and interplay between the team. Bring kitty back, fine! Let's just not act like this whole team is loaded some very alpha members. Let the stories incorporate the whole squad meaningfully.

It's true. For a squad with two omegas on it, everyone besides Kate were being very ineffective in battle. Considering that Storm and Ice Man joined the team because they were worried about Kitty getting murdered, their over-protectiveness should have been portrayed better through the action. Ororo and Bobby should have been taking down all the bad guys before Kate even got a chance to jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am not nor ever will be happy with her leading a team that consists of Storm. I wish Storm was the leader of this book. This book isn't my favorite but I keep up with it due to Storm, Iceman, and Bishop.
    Storm choosing not to lead this time at least makes sense - she has other important duties keeping her busy and she wouldn't have joined at all if it wasn't to keep an eye on Kate

I agree she's been crazy underused though. apparently Coates wanted it that way because of what hes doing with her in BP, which is odd because I dont see how anything in marauders would have a huge bearing and anyways why not just coordinate? but I digress. his run's ending soon and hopefully she gets more moments

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wolverine killed some Orchis guys but that was basically a military action against an NGO in international waters.
    You mean the time when scientists were attacked and he got cut in half? Because that was obviously an X-Force job, of course he killed there, they were attacked. That's the point of X-Force and Logan anyway. Questioning why they kill/protect Krakoa by any means/counterattack when they’re being attacked makes no sense. It’s like questioning why the Marauders -whose job is to distribute the mutant drug to countries with their ship- are sailing on the seas outside of Krakoa with the mutant drugs… It’s pointless. Outside of X-Force nowhere else it is allowed to kill, so Havok was stopped and questioned rightfully. It’s not hypocritical, it is simple.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    You mean the time when scientists were attacked and he got cut in half? Because that was obviously an X-Force job, of course he killed there, they were attacked. That's the point of X-Force and Logan anyway. Questioning why they kill/protect Krakoa by any means/counterattack when they’re being attacked makes no sense. It’s like questioning why the Marauders -whose job is to distribute the mutant drug to countries with their ship- are sailing on the seas outside of Krakoa with the mutant drugs… It’s pointless. Outside of X-Force nowhere else it is allowed to kill, so Havok was stopped and questioned rightfully. It’s not hypocritical, it is simple.
    Fro might be referring to the Mother Mold space station but yeah, that was a suicide mission and would have been a disaster if they all died before getting the job done. The intention was to spare as many humans as they could but seeing Paige and Warren killed, Logan gonna Logan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

The Marauders have been slowly been transitioning into Krakoa's navy, and before that they were really leaning into the pirate aesthetic. It is simply because the laws of krakoa aren't very complex, they're more like "Have more mutants" rather than a 80 page document explaining everything in excruciating detail of what to do in numerous situations like real laws. Hickman's X-men don't go that far into realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Fro might be referring to the Mother Mold space station but yeah, that was a suicide mission and would have been a disaster if they all died before getting the job done. The intention was to spare as many humans as they could but seeing Paige and Warren killed, Logan gonna Logan.
    So the mission where it was clearly stated beforehand that they're allowed to kill if it's necessary? the stake was the existence of mutantkind, they even sacrificed themselves to protect it. So aside from X-Force and missions where it is clearly allowed in order to protect themselves, where exactly mutants killed humans? Nowhere.
    The point is that it makes no sense to be surprised that X-Force kills while Hellions or any other teams don't.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Marauders have been slowly been transitioning into Krakoa's navy, and before that they were really leaning into the pirate aesthetic. It is simply because the laws of krakoa aren't very complex, they're more like "Have more mutants" rather than a 80 page document explaining everything in excruciating detail of what to do in numerous situations like real laws. Hickman's X-men don't go that far into realism.
    You misunderstood me, I wasn't talking about Marauders, its position nor questioning anything about it. I'm talking about why it's hard to understand that killing humans is not allowed in general BUT there are situations when it is, e.g anything X-Force does or self-defense. It's not a contradiction. and it wouldn't be a contradiction either if Marauders had to protect themselves.
    Last edited by DAHX; 05-24-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Astonishing Member

You misunderstood me, I wasn't talking about Marauders, its position nor questioning anything about it. I'm talking about why it's hard to understand that killing humans is not allowed in general BUT there are situations when it is, e.g anything X-Force does or self-defense. It's not a contradiction.
    My post wasn't strictly about the Marauders, it's about how X-Force don't simply have rules which real secret agencies or strike forces get, which are very detailed in what they can and can't do. They're complicated organisations, and the laws didn't say anyone had exemptions as far as I know. X-Force is an instrument of the government and if they bring too much heat they could find themselves as the next Sabretooth. Despite being a first world nation they don't have a first world nation's court system by any stretch. Jean's on the Quiet Council and she doesn't like what they're doing, when she calls in her chips things get very bad for Hank McCoy since the law is very specific on what he can't do with killing humans.

Edit: Simply put, X-Force don't have the legal loopholes that the CIA get.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-24-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    My post wasn't strictly about the Marauders, it's about how X-Force don't simply have rules which real secret agencies or strike forces get, which are very detailed in what they can and can't do. They're complicated organisations, and the laws didn't say anyone had exemptions as far as I know. X-Force is an instrument of the government and if they bring too much heat they could find themselves as the next Sabretooth. Despite being a first world nation they don't have a first world nation's court system by any stretch. Jean's on the Quiet Council and she doesn't like what they're doing, when she calls in her chips things get very bad for Hank McCoy since the law is very specific on what he can't do with killing humans.

Edit: Simply put, X-Force don't have the legal loopholes that the CIA get.
    I get you. The writer said X-Force is exempt, I don't remember if it was stated in the books. But either way, how X-Force exactly operates in details wasn't the point, we do know that they’re allowed. Simply all I was saying, that it’s not hypocritical that Hellions or any other teams or individual mutants are not allowed to kill in general while X-Force might be. (but they might be too according to the circumstances, and even that wouldn't be hypocritical)
    Be kind, it's FREE

So the mission where it was clearly stated beforehand that they're allowed to kill if it's necessary? the stake was the existence of mutantkind, they even sacrificed themselves to protect it. So aside from X-Force and missions where it is clearly allowed in order to protect themselves, where exactly mutants killed humans? Nowhere.
    The point is that it makes no sense to be surprised that X-Force kills while Hellions or any other teams don't.
    Yup and I agree 100%. Was just pointing out what Fro was referring to. Keep fighting the good fight.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Tempo!!!! This is more of the Casselli art I was expecting. Looking forward to this a lot!