Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default More teams like the Outsiders

Hello,
    I like the Outsiders Book, only problem is that its a Batman Team.

But otherwise its a cool book and I would wish that they would let YJ grow up and form a different team who is like the Outsiders.
    I would love to see some members of YJ (grown up) together with other less used heroes like Vixen in such a team-up in such stories.

I also like the Idea of Team-Colors so its like an uniform for the team.

Team:
    -Cassie Sandsmark (mixture of Donna Troy,Diana and little bit Captain America) so with Shield etc. modern Interpretation of Amazon
    -Conner (using a dress like Nightwings outfit just with the S)
    -Tim as Red Robin
    -Bart

together with some other members like Static,Bombshell,Red Devil,Traci13,Aura,Empress,Sparx....

I like the Idea of them also using the Tumbler (of the Nolan Movies) to travel etc.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

But otherwise its a cool book and I would wish that they would let YJ grow up and form a different team who is like the Outsiders.
    I would love to see some members of YJ (grown up) together with other less used heroes like Vixen in such a team-up in such stories.

Team:
    -Cassie Sandsmark (mixture of Donna Troy,Diana and little bit Captain America) so with Shield etc. modern Interpretation of Amazon
    -Tim as Red Robin
    -Bart

together with some other members like Static,Bombshell,Red Devil,Traci13,Aura,Empress,Sparx....

I like the Idea of them also using the Tumbler (of the Nolan Movies) to travel etc.
    Interesting... isn't this just a batman team too? I mean they're have a robin and they ride around in the batmobile.

If you want to have a team that ISN'T just a derivative of the JLA, or lead by batman... I would think just starting with characters
    aren't legacies of "...Justice.... " (jla,jsa,yj,tt, injustice... etc.) as a majority and DON'T have them use the tools of the characters they're trying to be distinct from.

But a team with lesser used heroes would be fine, imho.

I'm kiddin. ... partly
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 05-22-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Another pitch for a YJ4 team with mid-2000s characters thrown in. What a twist. I get they're your favorites, but this sort of thing really does need a mix of new blood to balance out what is otherwise niche audience within a small audience. The current Young Justice is filling that role. I understand you don't like it, but another book isn't the answer. Perhaps the next creative team will better serve you.

...Disregard. I agree.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.

Mighty Member

You might want to keep Batman in there. Often one of the big three are in lesser known comic book teams to help sell the product. It's a tradition going all the way back to introducing the Legion of Super Heroes in Superboy.

As for Young Justice members that's a good idea, but you don't want to shake up the core line up too much.

we definitely need more teams independent of the the League or the "trinity", I always find the Outsiders the most interesting when they are not under Batman. I find it irritating when DC forces a bigger hero to "boost" the profile of the other characters, the overt industry politics if it is unsettling and the bigger name usually ends up used as a crutch for the writer, leaving the characters that they are trying to "boost" virtually untouched developmentally; plus it never saves the book from getting canned too soon anyway. We need more books like The Terrifics and the Outsiders (sans Batman), to prevent the DC universe from feeling smaller than it already does.

as for the characters being pitched here? I guess anything could work depending on execution but these names don't really spark my interest.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-22-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

Team:
    -Tim as Red Robin
    -Bart

Well, if what Black Lightning says in one issue is true, and after the Ras mission they stop working for Batman and do their own thing, maybe it will become less of a Batman team? Maybe BL can come up with some missions or something.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Interesting... isn't this just a batman team too? I mean they're have a robin and they ride around in the batmobile.

If you want to have a team that ISN'T just a derivative of the JLA, or lead by batman... I would think just starting with characters
    aren't legacies of "...Justice.... " (jla,jsa,yj,tt, injustice... etc.) as a majority and DON'T have them use the tools of the characters they're trying to be distinct from.

But a team with lesser used heroes would be fine, imho.

I'm kiddin. ... partly
    You could easily say that Tim Drake build the Tumbler...The NEW52 Robin for example build a lot of things on his own..
    I was also thinking about making the Tumbler like in a kind of Mad Max or so style...

Like a mix of NEW52 TT and Outsiders...
    NEW52 TT worked also alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Another pitch for a YJ4 team with mid-2000s characters thrown in. What a twist. I get they're your favorites, but this sort of thing really does need a mix of new blood to balance out what is otherwise niche audience within a small audience. The current Young Justice is filling that role. I understand you don't like it, but another book isn't the answer. Perhaps the next creative team will better serve you.
    Actually I think it would have easily the chance to become the best sold, or one of the best sold books in DC.
    The initial sales of YJ were very good and showed that there is a large audience for them...
    There was a decline, but I also didnt like the direction because of the other characters of the team, the storylines and the whole direction of the team..

DCeased was a VERY good beginning, but I imagine this team as combination of Expendables,Mad Max,Outsiders,Titans and Avengers.

BANNED

I think what DC could use are more teams that are specifically designed to be teams and that aren't a hodgepodge collection of random heroes. Someone would have to create new characters for that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I think what DC could use are more teams that are specifically designed to be teams and that aren't a hodgepodge collection of random heroes. Someone would have to create new characters for that, though.
    THERE ARE SOOOO many heroes just sitting around NOT getting used. I think the opposite. You could start with "We don't want to be just another justice league" and go from there and "why thats a bad thing".
    Thing is... I find that they Annex people into their fold. I mentioned this before. They also annex villains quite a bit as well. The problem is that the main thing the "Main" dc heroes do is fight to maintain the stauts quo. If you vary from that they label you a villain and come for you, and shut you down.

You could easily say that Tim Drake build the Tumbler...The NEW52 Robin for example build a lot of things on his own..
    I was also thinking about making the Tumbler like in a kind of Mad Max or so style...
    Its just bereft of ideas. Even if you say that "The TUMBLER" is a batmobile... full stop, also I don't want Lucius Fox's brilliance to be stolen to build up another character.
    You're MAKING it a batman book unintentionally, but more importantly what Robbanker said its just another YJ pitch c'mon man do something new.
    So taking those points together the desire to change the STATUS QUO is what a team needs to do to differentiate themselves, ESPECIALLY Justice-Legacy teams.

I'm not saying they need the authority, but maybe they kill someone and don't let the JLA take that member in. And there's the arc.

Maybe its an entirely different team who AREN'T Legacies who come into conflict with: "THE POWERS THAT BE" by providing free ENERGY or use their powers to renovate a city in a way using powers that
    the governments don't like (cutting red tape etc), creating a new currency... or the worst crime of all in the eyes of the powerful "They give power to the weak".

There are books like this that work and work well but some of us need to take a look at what we're paying fore and searching for:

The Terrifics Work well. Why? They're not running afoul of the "Justice problem" because they're underused but they have a different mandate and issues completely. They're exploring not super heroing in the traditional sense and can draw from the FF, but also from books like Black Science, and Sliders and other things thats more what they're about and Wonder Womans isn't likely to be the main character ala JLARK

Leviathan works its a book that changed the dc universe "At all" and now it can be like shield or G.i.joe or whatever they're doing with it now, but the main thing it really IS anti-thetical to the justice league and status quo... which ALMOST make them villians but really they're no different from any spymaster book. It also satisfies Vampire Saviors notion that it more than a "hodgepodge" collection of heroes.
    Though I'm not sure how many people picked up that line or how popular it was. . . but something really rang out to me and I've wrote on it occasionally in green lantern threads:
    "Only on earth with it's Superman and Wonder-woman would a Manhunter be "no big deal". Thats from leviathan... and it really makes a lot of sense, and I'm going to start buying this if its an ongoing.

I've been thinking about this for a few days because this thread was back up: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...superhero-team Make a dc super hero team. I found myself thinking if you make a team that is just "I can't believe its not the justice league" you're going to see those characters treated slowly or quickly the same way the JLI gets treated in the mainstream continuity. You'll have to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we definitely need more teams independent of the the League or the "trinity"...
    I concur about that part. And with Terrifics ending soon, we're down one more. I really liked "Power Company" and "Primal Force" but they didn't last too long but it was refreshing to have teams not be drawn into Trinity drama or beholden to some other "main" book.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I concur about that part. And with Terrifics ending soon, we're down one more. I really liked "Power Company" and "Primal Force" but they didn't last too long but it was refreshing to have teams not be drawn into Trinity drama or beholden to some other "main" book.
    I really miss power company too.

But someone mentioned in the make a dc thread that:

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86671
    Agreed.
    DC’s written themselves into a bit of a corner in that respect. I mean, they do have teams out there that do their own thing, but they don’t get much in the way of a push. Metal Men is halfway through a fun mini. Doom Patrol is the saving grace of the Young Animal imprint. Teams like The Challengers of The Unknown, Shadowpact, Relative Heroes, Demon Knights, The Others, The Global Guaduans, The Great Ten...they just fall through the cracks.
    And when a team DOES go towards being unique, they often get branded as JUSTICE LEAGUE this or that.
    Justice League Odyssey could easily have been its own thing, and Justice League Dark could have been a Shadowpact book all along for example.
    Which is crazy but certainly seems legit.

They barely ever have any non-justice spin-off books. Though... don't you think when they do the books get A. Judged too harshly or B. as above fall through the cracks.

Mighty Member

I want to see more of a black ops, X-Force-esque team in the DC Universe. We don’t have that. And sorry, it’s definitely not The Outsiders or Suicide Squad. I want a team full of good guys who often get their hands dirty to get things done. But who am I kidding? Fans would just complain it being “dArK” and “grItTy”
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Ultimate Member

Yeah. I love the oddball teams that don't necessarily interact with the JLA or 'trinity,' like the Power Company or Global Guardians, but such things are niche, it seems, and DC just does the one thing; Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, and derivatives thereof (like Conner, Nightwing, etc.), with a dash of Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman. (Which even seems to be creeping into the 31st century now, with mentions of Aquaman's trident and 'Planet Gotham' and a 'Gold Lantern' in the current Legion title.)

As much as I like some of the 'derivatives,' like Conner and Nightwing, it would be interesting to see an Outsiders or Titans lineup that was entirely non-legacy characters. No Superboy, no Batpeeps, no Wonder Girl, not even a 'Teen Lantern' or Speed Force-user or Atlantean. Just people like Black Lightning and Katana, Starfire and Bunker. Characters that could build their own legacies (as Black Lightning kind of already has, with his two daughters following in his footsteps), and not following those of others.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-24-2020 at 02:45 AM.

I liked Power Company and Primal Force as well as the Conglomerate and Sovereign Seven.