Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

While I agree with most of the above, part of the problem is DC really hasn't developed many characters(at least enough to carry their own solo series) that haven't been part of the Justice League.

According to wiki: Here is the current list of active DC titles:
    Title Volume Debut Date Notes
    Action Comics vol. 1 June 8, 2016[1] Resumed original numbering, commenced in 1938
    Aquaman vol. 8 June 22, 2016[2]
    Batgirl vol. 5 July 27, 2016[3]
    Batman vol. 3 June 15, 2016[4]
    Batman/Superman vol. 2 August 14, 2019[5]
    Batman and the Outsiders vol. 3 May 8, 2019[6]
    Batman Beyond vol. 6 October 26, 2016[7]
    Books of Magic vol. 3 October 24, 2018[8]
    Catwoman vol. 5 July 4, 2018[9]
    Detective Comics vol. 1 June 8, 2016[10] Resumed original numbering, commenced in 1937
    Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds vol. 1 July 3, 2019[11]
    The Dreaming vol. 1 September 5, 2018[12]
    The Flash vol. 1 March 4, 2020[13] Resumed original numbering, commenced in 1959
    The Green Lantern vol. 1 November 7, 2018[14]
    Harley Quinn vol. 3 August 3, 2016[15]
    Hawkman vol. 5 June 13, 2018[16]
    House of Whispers vol. 1 September 12, 2018[17]
    John Constantine: Hellblazer vol. 1 November 27, 2019[18]
    Justice League vol. 4 June 6, 2018[19]
    Justice League Dark vol. 2 July 25, 2018[20]
    Justice League Odyssey vol. 1 July 18, 2018[21]
    Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 8 November 6, 2019[22]
    Looney Tunes vol. 1 March 3, 1994 current issue: 254
    Lucifer vol. 3 October 17, 2018[23]
    Mad Magazine vol. 2 April 18, 2018[24]
    Nightwing vol. 4 July 27, 2016[25]
    Red Hood and the Outlaws vol. 2 August 10, 2016[26]
    Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? vol. 1 September 1, 2010[27]
    Shazam! vol. 3 November 21, 2018[28]
    Suicide Squad vol. 6 December 18, 2019[29]
    Supergirl vol. 7 September 7, 2016[30]
    Superman vol. 5 July 11, 2018[31]
    Teen Titans vol. 6 October 26, 2016[32]
    The Terrifics vol. 1 February 28, 2018[33]
    Wonder Woman vol. 1 January 22, 2020[34] Resumed original numbering, commenced in 1942
    Young Justice vol. 3 January 9, 2019[35]

No way you can make a team out of non-Justice League characters that have current solo titles(and you need something to pull people to the team).

For Marvel, Ghost Rider, etc helped establish the Champions(but didn't last long in the '70s) and then Miles Morales Spider Man and Kamala Khan currently.

Defenders had Hulk, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange.

You almost have to have a pull(usually a character with enough following to support their own solo) to make an extended run for a "new" super-team.

Hence, Batman with the Outsiders.

Super-boy with the Legion.

Mighty Member

On top of that, if you take away the non superhero titles approximately 1/3 of the comics are Batman related...ugh! Now I know why Marvel fans complain about the gazzilion X-men titles, but if it sells it sells I guess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    [list snipped] No way you can make a team out of non-Justice League characters that have current solo titles(and you need something to pull people to the team).
    But gosh, a team with Lucifer and Scooby-Doo on it (two of the only non-JLA-adjacent named characters who had titles there) would just blow minds!

You almost have to have a pull (usually a character with enough following to support their own solo) to make an extended run for a "new" super-team.

Hence, Batman with the Outsiders.

Super-boy with the Legion.
    'Tis true. I imagine Power Company died for that very reason. They tried dragging in Firestorm for an 11th-hour stunt-cast save, but it was too little, too late, I imagine. But I don't mind a single JLA presence, like Batman on the Outsiders, or Superboy on the Legion, so much as a ton of characters / references to the JLA creeping in and taking over.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    On top of that, if you take away the non superhero titles approximately 1/3 of the comics are Batman related...ugh! Now I know why Marvel fans complain about the gazzilion X-men titles, but if it sells it sells I guess.
    Correction that is what gets over ordered the most.

They also leave BIGGER piles of unsold book unlike the books that have attracted certain fandoms-who claims those books are shutting down comic book stores.

You order say 50 Batman books.
    You sale 40 out of 50.

You order say 6 Static Shock books.
    You sale 5 out of 6.

Cyborg-you order say 15. You sale say 2.

While a normal store will reduce those Cyborg orders, that does not happen with Batman. Because you have the assumption that those back issues will sell at whatever back issue price you choose before you toss them in the dollar or 25 cent bins.

The issue in many cases and this is NOT limited to Batman but his Bat Family too. Same with X-Men, Peter Parker family (some of them), Hal, Barry and Superman (more than Supergirl, Legion or any version of Superboy).

They leave too many piles of unsold books at various stores and that leads to too many reprints of a book that does not need a 2nd or 3rd printing.

Now for the topic at hand this mean an issue for team books that don't have Batman's name on it.
    Batman's name on Outsiders means something.

It means the different between that Batman & Outsiders trade being at ALL Barnes & Nobles instead of a few.

There are 18 B&N in my city. ALL OF THEM have copies.
    The Terrififcs? 1 (oringally 2).

Now public library wise it's reversed.
    The Terrifics have more copies than OUtisders. Because more folks demanded the book.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Correction that is what gets over ordered the most.
    You have no way of knowing that. I hate to contradict you but this is pretty claim at best.

Now for the topic at hand this mean an issue for team books that don't have Batman's name on it.
    Batman's name on Outsiders means something.
    Well yeah... it sells more books.
    Though even if we go by your assertion that it causes over-orders. It sells more books TO STORES then right, wrong or indifferent... that incentivizes D.C. to keep doing that.
    Now public library wise it's reversed.
    The Terrifics have more copies than OUtisders. Because more folks demanded
    I mean ... I'm not saying "I don't believe you" I just wonder what your sources are for this type of claim. Also "WHAT" public libraries what state or region?
    You might be on to something but its pretty nebulous form an outsider perspective.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.