Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I really hope that Man of Tomorrow starts a new, more lighthearted universe. I got really disappointed with Apokolips war..
    Well,I wasn't disappointed but understand how you feel. Hopefully,if it does,it won't be too light-hearted. An all ages approach is fine but wouldn't want it to be too kiddie-ish like Super friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But not Superman's origin.
    But it shows they're not averse to starting off with origins .
    I'm sure they do - but that's determined by the quality of the film. Advertising is advertising and the suits don't care, they'll tell them to mention it. And there's plenty of reason to assume doing so might impact the profit positively. It certainly wouldn't hurt.
    But it might not be a factor enough to warrant mentioning at this point compared to what else could be focused on.
    There is a difference - they'd never do it the way you suggest. They'd force a cameo or an art style or other changes to fit a shared universe here. They would, just like they did Hush. And I just want the comic to be adapted properly without being messed with to that extent,
    I don't think they're going to handle it like they did Hush one way or another because it's a completely different circumstance/approach involved. However they handle Long Halloween I just don't see them putting in a forced shared universe aspect. That's the sense I'm getting from how they are approaching this film and it's non-Superman aspects.
    I agree - those are my exact sentiments, difference is I think they're marketing the film the right way for handling things how I think they are - a standalone out of continuity film that isn't starting a new universe. Weird how we both think they're handling the marketing correctly for how we think they're handling things despite believing polar opposite things in how they're handling things.
    It's kind of funny .

Wouldn't mind another WW though I guess if Bloodlines didn't sell well maybe do another Justice League Dark movie with the current team in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wouldn't mind another WW though I guess if Bloodlines didn't sell well maybe do another Justice League Dark movie with the current team in the comics.
    If we're (hypothetically) getting a new continuity starting out with Superman and Batman solo films, Wonder Woman would make sense to close out the Trinity, but they might not go for it if they're not confident they can sell another animated Diana movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But it shows they're not averse to starting off with origins .
    Yeah, team origins.
    (Can we stop with the winky emoji, it makes me feel too smug using it)

But it might not be a factor enough to warrant mentioning at this point compared to what else could be focused on.
    I never said they should focus on it though, just that they should mention it. No way it's so little of a factor it isn't worth a small mention unless it isn't even a factor at all.

I don't think they're going to handle it like they did Hush one way or another because it's a completely different circumstance/approach involved. However they handle Long Halloween I just don't see them putting in a forced shared universe aspect. That's the sense I'm getting from how they are approaching this film and it's non-Superman aspects.
    I hope you're right about them not forcing any shared universe aspects on it - but I know if they intend for it to be part of the shared continuity then they will. But hopefully they realize how important this story is to Bat fans and leave well enough alone on that front.

It's kind of funny .
    Yep. Just goes to show whichever end of a debate you're on, your desires always colors how you interpret things I guess.

I'll still respond if I think I've anything new to contribute to the debate, but I think we're probably both at the point of just rehashing the things we've already said but in different ways. Regardless of who turns out to be right when the movie drops, here's hoping it's a fun movie we can both enjoy, shared universe starter or not.

If we're (hypothetically) getting a new continuity starting out with Superman and Batman solo films, Wonder Woman would make sense to close out the Trinity, but they might not go for it if they're not confident they can sell another animated Diana movie...
    Might depend on if they can release it close to the live action sequel. If it was planned for this year I could see them thinking next year is a good time for an animated flick. Whether shared continuity or not a WW animated movie within a year of a live action one makes sense. Plus it would have been in development before they found out the results on Bloodlines.

I hope you're right about them not forcing any shared universe aspects on it - but I know if they intend for it to be part of the shared continuity then they will. But hopefully they realize how important this story is to Bat fans and leave well enough alone on that front.
    It's just...the way I'm seeing it, the shared universe aspect won't be a factor at all in how they approach Long Halloween. Batman's casually mentioned in Man of Tomorrow but Superman isn't going to suddenly appear in Long Halloween.

Even if the Batman of Long Halloween ends up appearing in non-Long Halloween content, the actual Long Halloween story will be untouched.

BANNED

Hopefully we move away from the Trinity concept.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Hopefully we move away from the Trinity concept.

...But they're right here in that image ?

Fantastic Member

I'm probably reaching, but it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to conflagate the abandoning of the DCAOM verse -- which was heavily influenced by New 52, with elements of Rebirth later -- and the resurgence of the popular and expansion-friendly Young Justice, which is mostly -- save for a couple of costumes -- is very much influenced by New Earth/pre-Flashpoint continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    I'm probably reaching, but it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to conflagate the abandoning of the DCAOM verse -- which was heavily influenced by New 52, with elements of Rebirth later -- and the resurgence of the popular and expansion-friendly Young Justice, which is mostly -- save for a couple of costumes -- is very much influenced by New Earth/pre-Flashpoint continuity.
    Although a lot of the costumes from the DCAOM have popped up in Outsiders (probably because they share the same character designer).

It's just...the way I'm seeing it, the shared universe aspect won't be a factor at all in how they approach Long Halloween. Batman's casually mentioned in Man of Tomorrow but Superman isn't going to suddenly appear in Long Halloween.

Even if the Batman of Long Halloween ends up appearing in non-Long Halloween content, the actual Long Halloween story will be untouched.
    I just don't see it that way, not after every single one of their shared universe films show otherwise. If nothing else it would dictate the art style, so just no. No. Let whatever Batman shows up in a rebooted verse be unrelated to the Batman in Long Halloween. There is nothing at all to gain by making all if these movies a shared universe again, let the classic stories be told outside whatever continuity they're making now.

Yeah, maybe if WW '84 does well enough they'll decide to give it another go.

I just don't see it that way, not after every single one of their shared universe films show otherwise. If nothing else it would dictate the art style, so just no. No. Let whatever Batman shows up in a rebooted verse be unrelated to the Batman in Long Halloween. There is nothing at all to gain by making all if these movies a shared universe again, let the classic stories be told outside whatever continuity they're making now.
    Well, there's no guarantee exactly how they'll adapt Tim Sale's art style. Even the recent Elseworlds films adapted more the designs then the art style if we're being honest. Gotham by Gaslight and Red Son looked similar in animation despite being drawn by two different artists in the comics.

Again, I feel like a shared universe in this instance is going to be handled very differently compared to how it was before. As it stands it won't make any noticeable impact in the adapting of Long Halloween as is.

Well, there's no guarantee exactly how they'll adapt Tim Sale's art style. Even the recent Elseworlds films adapted more the designs then the art style if we're being honest. Gotham by Gaslight and Red Son looked similar in animation despite being drawn by two different artists in the comics.

Again, I feel like a shared universe in this instance is going to be handled very differently compared to how it was before. As it stands it won't make any noticeable impact in the adapting of Long Halloween as is.
    I agree that it will be handled very differently than before - but that's only because I don't think they're going to make TLH a part of a shared universe, which is good because they shouldn't. It's too classic to mess with, and a shared film universe would invariably mess with it.