Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I agree that it will be handled very differently than before - but that's only because I don't think they're going to make TLH a part of a shared universe, which is good because they shouldn't. It's too classic to mess with, and a shared film universe would invariably mess with it.
    Well, I guess we're both in agreement they shouldn't mess with the story, we just disagree on where they should go from there .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess we're both in agreement they shouldn't mess with the story, we just disagree on where they should go from there .
    Pretty much. I just really, really hope they don't make this film part of a shared thing.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

If they weren't giving up on the shared universe movies, I could think of a few things I'd like to see.

Teen Titans: Blackfire Invasion

Green Lantern Blackest Night and Brightest Day. Two parter like TDKReturns and Death/Reign of Superman

Trinity War - Justice League vs Justice League Dark vs ARGUS JLA for a part 1.

Forever Evil - Lex Luthor's Injustice League and Suicide Squad vs the Crime Syndicate for part 2.

Flash - Gorilla World

Hawkworld - based off the comic miniseries.

Justice Society - Classic heroes fight to win WWII.

Skies the limit for DC. But hey, let's do another Superman story and make it a day one orign. As if both those aren't a dime a dozen at this point.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-23-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although a lot of the costumes from the DCAOM have popped up in Outsiders (probably because they share the same character designer).
    A bit of this, bit of that.

The BBs from the DCAOM are based on Young Justice, but not identical (BB's is paler and he has the "Teen Titans" pointy-ears, but wears his Young Justice costume, DCAOM!Jaime has a mohawk/high and tight rather a more conventonial hairstyle but is otherwise similar to Young Justice), KF's costume is a "stealthed" variation of Bart's Outsiders costume.

Conversely, the DCAOM look for Superman and Wonder Woman at least inspires their Outsiders redesign, previously they wore their "iconic" look.

I'd probably expect Starfire and Raven to resemble their DCAOM look if they appear, although the significant differences between the two versions of Vic Stone despite essentially identical origins, suggest this is inconclusive.

Sharing a character designer is likely a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    A bit of this, bit of that.

The BBs from the DCAOM are based on Young Justice, but not identical (BB's is paler and he has the "Teen Titans" pointy-ears, but wears his Young Justice costume, DCAOM!Jaime has a mohawk/high and tight rather a more conventonial hairstyle but is otherwise similar to Young Justice), KF's costume is a "stealthed" variation of Bart's Outsiders costume.

Conversely, the DCAOM look for Superman and Wonder Woman at least inspires their Outsiders redesign, previously they wore their "iconic" look.

I'd probably expect Starfire and Raven to resemble their DCAOM look if they appear, although the significant differences between the two versions of Vic Stone despite essentially identical origins, suggest this is inconclusive.

Sharing a character designer is likely a factor.
    Shiva also has the exact same design, it's all just a difference of whether or not she's wearing pants .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, maybe if WW '84 does well enough they'll decide to give it another go.
    Well that's a big question. Will people flock to see WW '84 when COVID is over, or will they be too afraid? That's independent of whether people want to see another WW movie, and not something WB can control. Will theaters even be able to survive? They may have to make the decision on another animated WW movie based on...their own judgement on whether the market will support it.