Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone interested in seeing a Quiet Council ongoing?

The way I envision it is a book more about the politics of Kraoa and how the interpersonal drama behind the QC and how they rule. I see it Game of Thrones inspired with backstabbing, power plays and growing tension. The closest we have is Emma and Shaw in Maraurders but I would expand this to the other seats. This is the book were we get to see how the ruling body interact with each other and their different views about Krakoa and how they are presented to its citizens and the world

No, not at all.

I do wish that we got to see Nightcrawler in an ongoing series

I wouldn't mind a mini but much later on. This is all still very new. The Council anchors all the books together (similar to how Xavier has in the past) and I don't think we need to over expose them.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I would love it.
    It’d be frickin’ hilarious.

I still have Questions about how The Council (and, indeed, the Island works).
    We’ve now seen Raven’s habitat, The Oracle, so it seems they each have individual digs.
    Does Emma borrow Jean’s Marigolds to scrub the floors of The White Palace? I can’t see her or Shaw or Poccy or Sinister not having minions. On the other hand, I can’t see Kurt or Ororo (or Raven, mostly because she wouldn’t trust anyone in her space) having minions. Jean doesn’t need them, she has husband(s) and kids for that.
    Do they have staff to clean and cater for them or does Sinister whip up an omelette of an evening, after a busy day of Tom Curry cosplay?
    Do they have security? I want Kurt to forget he has a security detail, ‘port out if his rooms, go do a days work and come home to find some poor chimp has been stood outside an empty habitat for the last eight hours.
    Who’s doing the paperwork? Running a country isn’t like running a school, it takes infrastructure and bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I would love it.
    It’d be frickin’ hilarious.

I still have Questions about how The Council (and, indeed, the Island works).
    We’ve now seen Raven’s habitat, The Oracle, so it seems they each have individual digs.
    Does Emma borrow Jean’s Marigolds to scrub the floors of The White Palace? I can’t see her or Shaw or Poccy or Sinister not having minions. On the other hand, I can’t see Kurt or Ororo (or Raven, mostly because she wouldn’t trust anyone in her space) having minions. Jean doesn’t need them, she has husband(s) and kids for that.
    Do they have staff to clean and cater for them or does Sinister whip up an omelette of an evening, after a busy day of Tom Curry cosplay?
    Do they have security? I want Kurt to forget he has a security detail, ‘port out if his rooms, go do a days work and come home to find some poor chimp has been stood outside an empty habitat for the last eight hours.
    Who’s doing the paperwork? Running a country isn’t like running a school, it takes infrastructure and bureaucracy.
    Emma said there were broader economic concerns that they had to discuss so probably paperwork and bureaucracy have been actually set up in later Council Meetings. Even though only some of them have actual experience with economic matters.

I wonder how the minions thing goes, since I don't think the Krakoans would need or want to work for someone. Probably places clean up themselves now tho.

Shoulda been the “New Mutants” title.

Mighty Member

I would be into mini's that show various members and those that support them individually as well as collective. Each member should have a support staff and assistants. I like would be curious who Monet would support, the conflict that could arise from Gambit supporting Storm while rogue supports Nightcrawler and sometimes Mystigue.

I think this would allow many characters to get used who would not be ordinarily like super smart characters like Catseye, Magma, Phantanzia, to blank canvas characters like most of the acolyes, some of the MLF, the hells belles and the resurrected new xmen that we love like DJ, Tag, Wallflower,

Not even a little bit.