Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I would be interested but realistically it would be a comic without much action. A situation where the entire Quiet Council is in action must be very extreme, I don't think it's a good idea to put them all together in combat situations.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Might as well replace Mystique as well since she brings absolutely nothing to the round table.
    she brings shady comments and contrarianism to anything Xavier suggests lol

I'd love a QC series that's like Judge Judy meets Unlimited... every issue theres a new "case" that the QC has to deal with, because its brought to them or whatever, and we watch them try to solve it. Perfect for character moments especially from the more obscure stable and world building
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-22-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Oh yes! Very much. May I suggest a poll?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shaw is already backstabbing them, seeds have been planted for Mystique and I think its naive to think Sinister isnt as well. I think seeing the other character's perspective and how they stay on top pf them to not be played as fools can be an interesting read

There are also other mutants in power positions that have recieved no development other than the text pages. Im talking Selene and Emplate. This could be a place to have them appear as well

Queen Selene

Jaws will drop if she joins Emma and Shaw in that vacant third chair
    I agree. Selene should be on the Council. But I dont see her taking Kate's position. She will be eventually back. I see Selene taking Shaw's place after his unavoidable downfall.
    Last edited by darkalamator; 05-22-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Mighty Member

I would be into mini's that show various members and those that support them individually as well as collective. Each member should have a support staff and assistants. I like would be curious who Monet would support, the conflict that could arise from Gambit supporting Storm while rogue supports Nightcrawler and sometimes Mystigue.

I think this would allow many characters to get used who would not be ordinarily like super smart characters like Catseye, Magma, Phantanzia, to blank canvas characters like most of the acolyes, some of the MLF, the hells belles and the resurrected new xmen that we love like DJ, Tag, Wallflower,

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who should take Kitty’s spot?
    Monet would be a great choice. Insanely smart,Bitchy but a heart underneath.. Danielle has seen a lot if we think about her time on Asgard.. Surely living there has shaped and changed her in profound ways....

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Eh, it's pretty much part of Hickman's main X-Men ongoing isn't it?
    He focuses on Cyke in X-men. We, the reader seeing his experience in krakoa.

I would like another Hickman book about the council.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I would be into mini's that show various members and those that support them individually as well as collective. Each member should have a support staff and assistants.
    Agreed.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

This is why I wanted all the QC members to have their own X-Men team.

Xavier would’ve had Dazzler Form a band as a cultural export. Storm would’ve formed a disaster relief squad. Magneto and Cyclops would turn the New Mutants into a national guard.

Only if its dealing with cosmic level threats or a Wanda burning

BANNED

I kinda agree with NewMutant, but ultimately, I want this sooner or later.

Get Ben Percy to write it.

But let Zeb or Gillen write Sinister's dialogue.

Mighty Member

Despite the supposed power and authority of this council, I still think it's the Xavier and Magneto with Moira in the background show. They didn't have form the council or share power and I see this as nothing more than them keeping some influential mutants preoccupied and distracted while Charles and Erik do their own thing. But a series, mini or ongoing would be an interesting read no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Despite the supposed power and authority of this council, I still think it's the Xavier and Magneto with Moira in the background show. They didn't have form the council or share power and I see this as nothing more than them keeping some influential mutants preoccupied and distracted while Charles and Erik do their own thing. But a series, mini or ongoing would be an interesting read no doubt.
    I feel like they did. They wouldnt have been able to get the likes of Apocalypse and Sinister on board without giving them a seat at the table. Krakoa works as it does now bc of that. If the QC wasnt a thing, I dont think alot of these mutants would have joined the cause. Sinister's DNA library is core to the resurrection protocols and without that, Krakoa doesnt exist as it does

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I would be interested but realistically it would be a comic without much action. A situation where the entire Quiet Council is in action must be very extreme, I don't think it's a good idea to put them all together in combat situations.
    I think for the most part you are correct, but if they had a series I would love a story where they are attacked or were forced to work together in some way to showcase their mutant might as opposed to their power as rulers - I mean the X-men are an action/adventure series.

BANNED

I absolutely adore the Quiet Council and their interactions. Its been one of the highlights for me and I love that dynamic. That said, I'm not entirely sure what a Quiet Council ongoing would look like, given some of its members have books where their primary role on Krakoa is clearly addressed. Marauders for example, is centered on the Spring sector of the Council and their political affairs. What story would a Quiet Council book follow that isn't already being addressed elsewhere?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Xavier appears to be the unofficial president, with Magneto as his VP. Yet the Council itself is more like a military junta with them at the top of the pyramid. While none of their members technically had military rank they're all seasoned warriors and leaders.

An ongoing would be intriguing, and definitely Game of Thrones realpolitik.