Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Only if its dealing with cosmic level threats or a Wanda burning
    Actually, them dealing with Wanda and the Avengers could be a good mini. Good idea sir.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Actually, them dealing with Wanda and the Avengers could be a good mini. Good idea sir.
    That'd be an event, it'd be X-men vs Avengers all over again.

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised Warren didn’t get a seat.

Just to watch him sit across from Apocalypse. But I can see Kitty being the only one from her generation given a seat.

The council needs more female members anyway. This ain’t the Avengers.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-23-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m surprised Warren didn’t get a seat.

Just to watch him sit across from Apocalypse. But I can see Kitty being the only one from her generation given a seat.

The council needs more female members anyone. This ain’t the Avengers.
    ??? Avengers not only have a large, diverse group of women on their team, many are leaders. For example, Janet van Dyne, She-Hulk and Black Widow. It's so weird with the rivalry with the Avengers, as if giving them any credit somehow wounds the X-men. What's strange is that the women on the Council are overshadowed by the men, even Emma Frost. Maybe she should be leading the Council, she's more interested in democracy than Xavier is. I agree with you that they need more women on the Council.

I'd love that, watching the political goings on of Krakoa would do wonders showing that the mutants on Krakoa, while unified under the same goal, aren't some homogeneous cult or something. the title if done right can showcase Krakoa as an actual complex nuanced social structure; an actual nation. a Quiet Council book could really flesh out Krakoa's actual culture
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-23-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    ??? Avengers not only have a large, diverse group of women on their team, many are leaders. For example, Janet van Dyne, She-Hulk and Black Widow. It's so weird with the rivalry with the Avengers, as if giving them any credit somehow wounds the X-men. What's strange is that the women on the Council are overshadowed by the men, even Emma Frost. Maybe she should be leading the Council, she's more interested in democracy than Xavier is. I agree with you that they need more women on the Council.
    Outside of Monica Rambeau, what is diverse about the women leaders of the avengers .....

5 out of 12 seats were women. The council wasn’t lacking in female representation

honestly the women on the council routinely outshine the men . except Sinister and sometimes Magneto

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Outside of Monica Rambeau, what is diverse about the women leaders of the avengers .....
    How are they any less diverse than the women X-men leaders? The majority of the white Council are white and rich, aside from Storm. Dani Moonstar was a rising leader but she's not a Captain, Illyana did. Emma Frost, and Jean Grey are the main woman leaders, and Mystique is a wild card not a loyal X-man and whenever she was on their team she wasn't calling the shots.

C'mon let's not pretend like outside of Carol any Avenger Woman has had any leading role in recent times, and let's not pretend they weren't outshined by the likes of Black Panther, Iron Man and Captain America in any major event or situation.

Storm, Jean, Psylocke, Rogue, Emma, Kate and Dani were all leaders on their own right in their titles. When have She-Hulk or Janet had a whole team and book in which they were leaders?

The Councilwomen have all had important roles or time to shine. Exodus hasn't done anything yet, and Sinister has just given them the samples as of now. Storm, Jean, Emma and Kate are much more prominent than Kurt, Exodus, Sinister or Shaw. The big 4 are still Apoc, Mags, Xavier and Moira, but that's because they hold the big secrets that glue the plot together.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Nothing.

Hell, I'm trying to remember when She-Hulk was the leader of the Avengers. Monica is the only female leader who has some traction as a Avengers leader.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Nothing.

Hell, I'm trying to remember when She-Hulk was the leader of the Avengers. Monica is the only female leader who has some traction as a Avengers leader.
    The Wasp used to be that way in the mid-80s.

Even pro-mutant elite Magneto was attracted to her.

But with the exception of Avengers Forever, she hasn’t been that way in decades.

You would think as a founding member, Wasp would have made her own Avengers spin-off team a while ago. Especially since, unlike the other founders, she’s not preoccupied with events of her own solo book.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-23-2020 at 10:36 AM.

I think She-Hulk led A-Force. Which had so much potential ugh may she rest in power
    Janet is honestly such a fun character idk why the Avengers books don't use her more..I've seen people say its because she isn't feminist enough but that feels bogus to me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I think She-Hulk led A-Force. Which had so much potential ugh may she rest in power
    Janet is honestly such a fun character idk why the Avengers books don't use her more..I've seen people say its because she isn't feminist enough but that feels bogus to me
    I can see it being true. She’s not a tech genius or self made.

Her occupation as a fashion designer is seen as fem-archaic for a superheroine.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-23-2020 at 02:16 PM.

oh yea I agree its probably the reasoning I just think its bogus reasoning lol
    the idea that femininity isn't feminist...I could go off but I won't lol

fashion designer = businesswoman = #girlboss and isn't that all the rage? not that that angle hasn't been done to death and occasionally butchered by brands who want to up their "diversity quota" without doing the work to understand what people actually want, I just mean it wouldn't be hard to "retool" her if they wanted

I dont think the infamous hank pym slap helps her at all either they really wanna act like that never happened...