Default Sagara Sanosuke in the Berserk universe on the these terms

Sanosuke is sent to the manga/anime universe of Berserk, the scenarios are as follows.

Scenario 1: Sanosuke takes Guts' place as the main character of Berserk, he is found at the three with hanged corpses like Guts was, and things go from there, joining the band of Hawk and so on up until the current volumes of the manga.

Scenario 2: The plot gods place Sanosuke at the point of Berserk where Guts got the Dragon Slayers sword, he's in his place as the main character, he is given the same things Guts had when he first went, including the Dragon Slayer.

Scenario 3: Sanosuke is Raised with Guts as his brother when they are found at the three with hanged corpses.

Scenario 4: Sanosuke is placed at the point where Guts' gets the Dragon Slayer, there he sets out with him.

I imagine he does fairly well, especially with DS. His zambatou is waaaaay bigger than the DS and he swung it around with relative ease.

Plus if he actually learned how to be a competent swordsman on top of his already insane base strength and durability, he should easily rise up the ranks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I imagine he does fairly well, especially with DS. His zambatou is waaaaay bigger than the DS and he swung it around with relative ease.

Plus if he actually learned how to be a competent swordsman on top of his already insane base strength and durability, he should easily rise up the ranks
    He swung around easily enough, but Kenshin did note that, due to the weight, Sanosuke could only swing it in certain patterns so he was fairly predictable.

Honestly, Sansouke would probably fare better sticking to just his bare fists, although he wouldn't have the downtime he had in RK to let his hand recover each time he destroyed it.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 05-23-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He swung around easily enough, but Kenshin did note that, due to the weight, Sanosuke could only swing it in certain patterns so he was fairly predictable.

Honestly, Sansouke would probably fare better sticking to just his bare fists, although he wouldn't have the downtime he had in RK to let his hand recover each time he destroyed it.
    Puck would be very helpful in that regard.

Gutts did not always have Puck though.

When Gutts encountered him he had been Apostle hunting for a year at that point.

Guys is stronger and faster especially with big swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

I mean, when the sword is like 3 times as large as the user, it only allows for so many effective trajectories. Plus, even at the beginning of the series, Ken is effectively able to predict everyone's sword movements, minus Hiko and Soujiro, so that's not saying too much against Sano.

Sano would definitely fare well as just H2H, but I don't think it's impossible for him to learn how to use a giant sword like Guts, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I mean, when the sword is like 3 times as large as the user, it only allows for so many effective trajectories. Plus, even at the beginning of the series, Ken is effectively able to predict everyone's sword movements, minus Hiko and Soujiro, so that's not saying too much against Sano.

Sano would definitely fare well as just H2H, but I don't think it's impossible for him to learn how to use a giant sword like Guts, either.
    Depending on which scenario, Sanosuke won't have the luxury of learning. Guts was suited to wield the Dragonslayer like he does because his entire military career was him using a sword far too big for him ("they don't have child-sized swords") and by the time he stumbled across the Dragonslayer, he was going through swords like mad. However, I do agree that for first scenario, Sanosuke would probably be just as skilled.

As for whether or not he'd be a perfect substitute for Guts, I'm kinda iffy.