Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why the heck DC wants to overcomplicate things by making her a century old is beyond me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    So does these mean that donna and diana are close in age, like diana is about 4 or 5 years older? I'd hope so, they'd be closer as sisters.

I prefer a young diana anyway. Her world is to underdeveloped for a character thousands or even decades old.
    In Rebirth she was raised as her sister.

Wait let me count it
    Let's say for easiness, we count Diana's age as if she ages normally in Man's World.

Diana was 18-19, about a year after she left Themyscira when she met Superman and Batman, who were already in their twenties. 25, usually, if they're also early in their career.
    10 to 15 years later, in the present-day Bruce and Clark are in the 35-40 range, Diana is 28-33.
    Dick is considered in his mid-twenties, and I'm gonna count all the Titans the same, give or take.
    So Dick has about 10+ years difference with Bruce, but since Diana is younger, there's only about 5+ years difference between her and Donna.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I'm okay with her looking 18 when he comes to Man's World, but it doesn't make sense for her to BE 18...not with thousands of years of Amazon history.

I kinda like the New 52 idea someone posted earlier. She was 18 for thousands of years but pretty much stayed the same. But the 10 years of being Wonder Woman have changed her and caused her to mature.
    The classic bit was that Amazons were immortal on "Paradise island" but lost their immortality if they left. So it would make sense that many of the original Amazons (including Hippolyta) were older than the age of maturity. A 30-year old Hippolyta would be forever 30 years old on the island. A 50+ year old Magdala would never grow older but she also wouldn't revert to her physical prime either. Children born or raised on the island would age to a certain maturity and then remain that way as long as they stayed on the island. So Diana grew to roughly age 18 and then remained that age until she left to become Wonder Woman.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

You never ask a lady her age, you uncivilized brute!

*flips cape over shoulder and saunters out silently*
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In Rebirth she was raised as her sister.

Wait let me count it
    Let's say for easiness, we count Diana's age as if she ages normally in Man's World.

Diana was 18-19, about a year after she left Themyscira when she met Superman and Batman, who were already in their twenties. 25, usually, if they're also early in their career.
    10 to 15 years later, in the present-day Bruce and Clark are in the 35-40 range, Diana is 28-33.
    Dick is considered in his mid-twenties, and I'm gonna count all the Titans the same, give or take.
    So Dick has about 10+ years difference with Bruce, but since Diana is younger, there's only about 5+ years difference between her and Donna.
    Yeah to me it goes like this. They start out Bruce 23, Clark 22, diana 18 and dick 13. 12 to 15 years later Bruce 35-38, clark 34-37, diana 30-33 and dick 25-28. That's how I she it.

I just prefer diana and her would be young.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Why the heck DC wants to overcomplicate things by making her a century old is beyond me.
    Wouldn't that just mean her age is irrelevant? I don't see age mattering to a character like Diana, it's not like she'd age normally anyway.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

So how old do you think she should be?

Because no matter how old Diana is, it will have follow-on effects on the complex issue of Amazon world-building.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Wouldn't that just mean her age is irrelevant? I don't see age mattering to a character like Diana, it's not like she'd age normally anyway.
    It matters to her supporting cast and villains who aren't immortal. I also just personally dislike when a character is supposed to be centuries old but is still written to act like someone in their 20's-30's.

So how old do you think she should be?
    Ideally, around the same age as Clark and Bruce.

It matters to her supporting cast and villains who aren't immortal. I also just personally dislike when a character is supposed to be centuries old but is still written to act like someone in their 20's-30's.
    Ah, you're thinking more about her active time in Man's World.

I can understand it with the movie, since there they had an idea for a great story set in World War 2, but we will have to see how 5G handles it. My main worry is that the focus on continuity and structure will force writers to write too much to specification.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ideally, around the same age as Clark and Bruce.
    Well when you put it like that now I understand the issue, it's always been a confusing topic for me as well. So I assume you'd rather DC not do the whole "Captain America" thing with WW at all then?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    So I assume you'd rather DC not do the whole "Captain America" thing with WW at all then?
    That's right. I don't see any significant benefits in it, only problems.