Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

I'm just so glad he Yu was on issue 5. It's one of my all-time favourite X issues, and his art fits so well with that story. Not so well with some other issues, but perfectly with the story of 5.

Mahmud Asrar is taking over. I am very pleased with this news.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Mahmud Asrar is taking over. I am very pleased with this news.
    Best news of the day for me. I was really disappointed when Asrar was taken away from X-Men Red... God he knows how to draw Jean and her civilian clothes. Not that it's useful while JH policy is "super-hero suits are mutants clothes now"

Anyway I hope he will stay a while.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm ready for luxurious, voluminous locks.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I really miss artists like Clay Mann and Oliver Coipel drawing X-Men. Mann should have been given the any main X-title he wanted, but he ended up on a Gambit series. I also just now found out that he himself is a friggin' superhero come to life!

5ca52af95f1b1.image.jpg

Spectacular Member

mann was the ONLY good thing about heroes in crisis lol

He's a great artist and one of my favorites. But he's really slow. He would always need fill ins.

But he did a run with Olivier Coipel and they rotated.

Now that would be bad ass.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    He's a great artist and one of my favorites. But he's really slow. He would always need fill ins.

But he did a run with Olivier Coipel and they rotated.

Now that would be bad ass.
    Yes,Indeedy...buy they would still need a third artist to fill in and pick up the slack. LOL.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bye. This wasnt his best work. The fill in artists have been better

when was that? Because fill in artists have always been a thing. A 12 issue/12 month stint is quite rare
    I haven't double checked but as I said last time : John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, Jim Lee (X-Men vol.2. It was 11 issue, not 12 to be honest) and I just remembered that Sienkiewicz did 14 issues of the New Mutants book in a row.
    Last edited by franckd; 06-01-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I haven't double checked but as I said last time : John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, Jim Lee (X-Men vol.2. It was 11 issue, not 12 to be honest) and I just remembered that Sienkiewicz did 14 issues of the New Mutants book in a row.
    that was like 40 years ago and was not the norm. Like I said, its quite rae

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think x-comics are lacking diversity at this point. Yu's art is certainly different than those artists that I see. He has degraded for sure but then again I particularly admire how he uses lights and shadows to make it look more unique especially with his facial expressions. His character designs were used to be unique. We need more artists like Jae Lee or Clayton Crain. Not discrediting current artists though. They are really good. There is Rod Reis who I really like and he is standing out to be much diverse than other artists.
    Man, not Jae Lee. His art works for creepy stuff like Batman and probably Vampire Hunter D or Sandman. But not colourful stuff like X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that was like 40 years ago and was not the norm. Like I said, its quite rae
    And i never said it wasn't rare. I said I missed those times. The fact it was 40 years is not relevant to the fact that I miss those times. Au contraire. I prefer when an artist is able to keep up with a writer's run. It makes the run more unique, more coherent.

Now, outside X-Men and/or Marvel, some artists are still out of those norms, like Erik Larsen writing and drawing Savage Dragon monthly since 1993 till... Now. Or Greg Capullo on Spawn. drawing 22 issues in a row. And Jim Lee can draw 11 issues in a row. he did it for x-Men, Batman (#608-619), Superman (#204-215).