Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I didn't think Yu was really fitting in. He had one good issue and the rest were meh or pretty miss. Larraz or Silva would be ideal. The one issue Silva did felt so fresh after having Yu.
    Agreed that Silva's issue was really good. But I also don't know how much credit he should be sharing with colorist Marte Gracia. I honestly think Gracia did the heavy lifting with all the backgrounds and effects (same for Silva's run on PoX).

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Thanks! Didnt reaize the team was announced

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Larraz, Dauterman, Silva...
    Yes, like I said. Lacking great artists.

Yokay. And who exactly did you have in mind?

Thank u Lenil for delivering great artwork to one of the greatest issues of all time aka X-Men #7.

BANNED

I think x-comics are lacking diversity at this point. Yu's art is certainly different than those artists that I see. He has degraded for sure but then again I particularly admire how he uses lights and shadows to make it look more unique especially with his facial expressions. His character designs were used to be unique. We need more artists like Jae Lee or Clayton Crain. Not discrediting current artists though. They are really good. There is Rod Reis who I really like and he is standing out to be much diverse than other artists.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-24-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Yu was good on X-Men. He just had the enviable act of following behind Larraz and Silva on HOX and POX. Asrar is a great artist, however his work hasn't been as "crisp" as when he was on "Wolverine and The X-Men." In my perfect world, Silva would get this book.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Yu was good on X-Men. He just had the enviable act of following behind Larraz and Silva on HOX and POX. Asrar is a great artist, however his work hasn't been as "crisp" as when he was on "Wolverine and The X-Men." In my perfect world, Silva would get this book.
    Asrar was forgettable on WatX. IMO, he has improved greatly. His work on Red was breathtaking. I also disagree on Yu. His characters were very stiff and lacked any life and expression. I think the only good issue he drew was the Crucible but he paled in comparison to every other artist Hickman has worked with in this era

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think x-comics are lacking diversity at this point. Yu's art is certainly different than those artists that I see. He has degraded for sure but then again I particularly admire how he uses lights and shadows to make it look more unique especially with his facial expressions. His character designs were used to be unique. We need more artists like Jae Lee or Clayton Crain. Not discrediting current artists though. They are really good. There is Rod Reis who I really like and he is standing out to be much diverse than other artists.
    I think Reis on New Mutants, whomever did Fallen Angels, Cassara on X-Force, Noto on Cable and Kubert on Wolverine have all contributed to the diversity in art style of DoX. I dont think the books lack that
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-24-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Asrar was forgettable on WatX. IMO, he has improved greatly. His work on Red was breathtaking. I also disagree on Yu. His characters were very stiff and lacked any life and expression. I think the only good issue he drew was the Crucible but he paled in comparison to every other artist Hickman has worked with in this era
    I agree with you on Yu. I just said he was "good", not "great" or "breathtaking." And I'm gonna disagree with you on Wolverine And The X-Men. Something about an artists first couple of projects...I love how the art is beginning to evolve. Asrar is a master of grey tone comic markers. I wish he could do an entire issue like that. But, that'd be way too time-consuming.

BANNED

I think Reis on New Mutants, whomever did Fallen Angels, Cassara on X-Force, Noto on Cable and Kubert on Wolverine have all contributed to the diversity in art style of DoX. I dont think the books lack that
    Fallen Angels' art was bad. Cassara is fine but I don't see his art to be much as like Jae Lee or Crain. His style is a bit too close to artists like Kubert or Asrar. Kubert's style is generic at this point.

EDIT: I forgot Noto. He is really good but it would have been better if he was given more important titles.
    Last edited by Vishop; 05-24-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Bye. This wasnt his best work. The fill in artists have been better

when was that? Because fill in artists have always been a thing. A 12 issue/12 month stint is quite rare
    Maybe I am wrong, but If think there were John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, Jim Lee (X-Men vol.2. It was 11 issue, not 12 to be honest)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Yokay. And who exactly did you have in mind?
    “Jim Lee”.

Perfectly on point with regards to Yu. When he has time he can be a great artist, but he can't bring his characters to life. I don't know if it's just the faces and expressions (he barely draws eyes), but that's a big part of it. I liked Asrar on Red, but again he's my limit on cartoony cart.

Reis and Cassara were my favorite artists from DoX. I've always liked a little bit of "painting quality" in my comics so Reis' work was very welcome. He was a perfect fit for New Mutants, paying homage to Bill Sienkiewicz. And Cassara is great on X-Force. He has that kind of "Dark Knights" Marvel quality to his work that's reminiscent of Mark Texeira. They both provided the diversity in DoX that I definitely craved. The Fallen Angels art was an attempt at the kind of X-Force art, but it was pretty sloppy and rushed (and terrible).

What's Phil Jimenez been up?

BANNED

I want Joelle Jones.

Todd Nauck, Please.