Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i can confirm Yu's last issue is issue #12

https://twitter.com/MahmudAsrar/stat...144436736?s=20
    Last edited by MAR420X; 05-24-2020 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

Sadly, very few of the truly great current artists work for Marvel these days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Sadly, very few of the truly great current artists work for Marvel these days.
    Larraz, Dauterman, Silva...

Mahmud Asrar just tweeted me he's working on issue 13 and 14 of x-men currently and more

we did it. we won

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Mahmud Asrar just tweeted me he's working on issue 13 and 14 of x-men currently and more
    Good! His issue so far was great

Dauterman has got to have more work in the X-Office coming up, unless he and Larraz are being reserved for one-offs and specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Dauterman has got to have more work in the X-Office coming up, unless he and Larraz are being reserved for one-offs and specials.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Dautermann were doing the Storm GS issue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Dautermann were doing the Storm GS issue
    https://www.newsarama.com/49058-stor...en-finale.html

you got it

I don't think Yu is a bad artist, but I don't know if he was a great fit for the title. I *like* Asrar VERY much, but I also kind of wonder if his art is as haunting/vibe-setting or landscape-oriented as the stories seem to require. Could be good for the Empyre tie-ins, but wonder if it'd still be a great match once we're back to the slower society stuff.

I generally like Yu's work except that when it gets sloppy... it gets really sloppy. But I liked him on the flagship X-title mainly because it kept it from going into the cartoon-y style that's been plaguing the X-books for almost a decade now. I'm just not into it. Not knocking their talent, but star artists like Nick Bradshaw, RB Silva (early works), Marcus To, Jorge Molina, and even Matteo Lolli... I just don't think they fit most of the X-books. I'm so sick of everyone looking like they've just come out of puberty.

Out of all the current X-artists, Pepe Larraz is the highlight for me. His art has a slight cartoony aspect but transcends because his figure work, detailing, and dynamics are amazing. Mahmud Asrar too.

I know he's one of a kind, but the X-books need to find their Jorge Jimenez like right now!
    Last edited by superjosh; 05-24-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I generally like Yu's work except that when it gets sloppy... it gets really sloppy. But I liked him on the flagship X-title mainly because it kept it from going into the cartoon-y style that's been plaguing the X-books for almost a decade now. I'm just not into it. Not knocking their talent, but star artists like Nick Bradshaw, RB Silva, Marcus To, Jorge Molina, and even Matteo Lolli... I just don't think they fit most of the X-books. I'm so sick of everyone looking like they've just come out of puberty.

Out of all the current X-artists, Pepe Larraz is the highlight for me. His art has a slight cartoony aspect but transcends because his figure work, detailing, and dynamics are amazing. Mahmud Asrar too.

I know he's one of a kind, but the X-books need to find their Jorge Jimenez like right now!
    I hear what you are saying but I feel like Larraz and Asrar have the same cartoony house style as the artists you dont like for the X-books

I dont see much difference

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I don't think Yu is a bad artist, but I don't know if he was a great fit for the title. I *like* Asrar VERY much, but I also kind of wonder if his art is as haunting/vibe-setting or landscape-oriented as the stories seem to require. Could be good for the Empyre tie-ins, but wonder if it'd still be a great match once we're back to the slower society stuff.
    Asrar's art looked amazing in the first part of the Brood story. There was a noticeable downgrade i quality when Yu returned to do the second half.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    He states on Twitter that his run on X-Men is ending and that he's taking a break.

Attachment 96941

Oops I spelled his name wrong. Sorry.

Do you guys think after Swords of X there will be a reshuffle of writers and artist on the x-titles?

I wouldnt mind Pepe Larraz or Russell Dauterman on the main X-Men series.

But Larraz will probably need a break after the Swords of X event.

What do you guys think? What would you like to see?

Appreciate and thank him for his tenure I thought X-men 7 was a highlight issue but I wouldn't be mad if R.B Sliva took over:

Synch alone was worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

And we have a winner an equally great choice:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hear what you are saying but I feel like Larraz and Asrar have the same cartoony house style as the artists you dont like for the X-books

I dont see much difference
    I actually 100% agree on Asrar. I only added him in there because typically I do enjoy his art, especially when the line-work is more delicate and looks less rushed. He's right at the limit with how much cartooniness I can tolerate.

Larraz's art IMO has more maturity and the characters look more realistic. But I admit he is sort of in their category.

R.B. Silva's PoX run was really good though. Hated his X-Men Blue/ Uncanny stuff.

Fantastic Member

I didn't think Yu was really fitting in. He had one good issue and the rest were meh or pretty miss. Larraz or Silva would be ideal. The one issue Silva did felt so fresh after having Yu.